4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191216_1948155 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello, my right flipper stopped working, so i went to the solonoid driver board J2 and wiggled the connector. I saw a flash of light behind the board. I took the board out of the machine and I spot this. The solder is burned off. My question is, can I resolder the pin onto the board? Cheers

IMG_20191216_1948155 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_1948155 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

That is the pin for the right flipper. I would just reflow the connectors on the board, should be okay. If that one had a bad solder joint others are probably cracked too.

#3 4 years ago

Be sure to reflow the solder for all pins on the electro-mechanical relay on the board as well.

#4 4 years ago

Reflow ALL the printheaders on the board!
In your picture the first one on the left and the three on the right are all cracked.
While you have the board out, replace the big capacitors.
Do the ground upgrade and reflow the solder on all printheaders.
Do some reading on pinwiki if you want to know more.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern

Peter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-black-jack-solonoid-driver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.