Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 7.10.13 AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 2.56.45 PM (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

I am in need of a few photos of the solenoid expander board as installed. Thanks

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from FireballAK:

I am in need of a few photos of the solenoid expander board as installed. Thanks

I can snap a picture, but I don't know what/where is the solenoid expander board.

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 2.56.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-09 at 2.56.45 PM (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

It's on the bottom side of play field by the right flipper. Top right corner with play field leaning on the back box.

#4 7 years ago

Here you go. Let me know if you need others

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the photos, mine is wired the same. Can you measure the voltage on the blu/blk wire at pin 5. Mine is at 4.5. Also can you measure the volts on the bright lights. I have 44 on the black/red side and 62 on the other.

#6 7 years ago

My blue/black (pin 5) to gnd jumps around 0-1V. Pin 9 (black/red) is at 44V; Pins 2 and 3 are at 10V. Pin7 is at 44 when plugged into the board (relay). What are you trying to diagnose? Looking at the schema for the board, pins 5 and 7 are for the relay. 5 is open at rest and 7 is close at rest for the current coming from pin 9.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 7.10.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-11 at 7.10.13 AM (resized).png

#7 7 years ago

One more thing, if the flippers aren't working, there is a 3/4A slow blow fuse under the playfield near this board. Check to make sure that is good (take out, check with DMM).

#8 7 years ago

My issue is that the kick out coil will be weak at times. It will stutter and not kick the ball out. In test mode it will work 100%. Pin 5 on the SEB is landed to the center lug of the kick out coil. The bright lights are on the opened side or the SEB pin 7. Should I be getting 44 volts from pin 5?

#9 7 years ago

Just to make sure:
Testing the coil: works 100%
Game play: some problems

I'm going to guess that you have a cold solder joint or a flakey relay. Especially since the board question is on the playfield next to the flippers and eject coil. First check for cold solder joints on that board or just reflow all the solder joints and see if that helps. Also check the wires soldered to the coil.

#10 7 years ago

New SEB and new kick out coil. No change. Switch 30 right ramp makes the kick out coil stutter. The top and right bright lights flash and the coil starts to stutter. Replaced/verified all diodes on the black/blue coil loop. New diode on switch 30. The coil does work 100% in test but has problems in game play.

#11 7 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the double diode single coil used on the open side of the solenoid expander board used on the 6803 Ballys? The only photo I could find shows a single diode but the coil has 3 post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-black-belt-help-1?hl=fireballak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.