Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by boo32
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a switch that isn't reading on Bally Black Belt and I think the issue is the diode that is on it. The diode is very small but seems to be used on lots of the switches. It looks like it it black and orange. Any suggestions on what diode I need to order to replace it or where to look to identity it would be appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Remove one leg and check it with a meter.

Your switch issue probably isn't the diode.

LTG : )™

#3 3 years ago

Will do!

#4 3 years ago

What Lloyd said (of course)

But if it is the diode use a 1N4004. Since they are usually around 20 for $1 and they replace the also common 1N4001 they are good to have in stock.

Black Belt, strange game with the upper flipper ramp shots. And of course the blatant Crotch Shot.

#5 3 years ago

Any chance you have the manual for Black Belt? Looking for switch matrix info for that game.

#6 3 years ago

No, I never owned it. The just had one at The Sanctum for a while (plug http://www.tothesanctum.com/)

#7 3 years ago

I do have the manual. I will check to see if has the switch matrix and scan and send to you, send me your email so I can email to you.

Lloyd's response reminded me that it was probably just a connector needing to be re-seated - problem solved without cutting any diodes. Thanks for the responses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
$ 39.95
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside