Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vic_Camp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    2E259EF6-5668-430F-9622-3A38A2D9DD24 (resized).jpeg
    FCD01E2B-0B82-4515-9231-095F951C0056 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneycreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

There are 5 bally bingo machines coming up for auction here locally and I was wondering what the value of the machines are, is there a database somewhere? Ballerina, Variety, Key West, etc.
    thanks!

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I tend to think you're right. but If I can pick up a couple for $50 each I may just do that. they sure are cool looking, and I've always wanted to tinker with one of those 'magic screen' mechs.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Go below here to this link for pricing.
    https://bingo.cdyn.com/market/buying.html
    I have collected many Bingos in the last 25 years and still have six left in my collection at the present time. I also spent a large portion of my youth playing them on route.
    If you do end up with any of these magnificent games that Bally manufactured from 1951 to 1980, make sure you give yourself a chance to learn about their operation and also how to literally played them or you my pass up a chance at finding out how great a pinball machine they truly are.
    [quoted image]

Great discussion! I just went and checked them out prior to tonights auction. They all powered up OK, and of the 5 of them only 2 registered a nickel when inserted. I played two of them (didn't know whaty t the heck I was doing!). these games are pretty complicated rules-wise compared to the gambling machines of today which are pretty plug and play. (Silver Sails an Border Beauty were the other two).

I opened up all of them, and examined what I could thru the door. The leaf swiches and all the metal was pretty rusted and roached out, butWE they still worked! I was wondering if there was a 'free credit' button inside that could allow me to check out the gameplay on the 3 that didn't register coin.

Thanks for all the advice.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I was very addicted to these Bingo pinball machines for many many years and have an astronomical amount of playing time on them and became a very good player,

Ok, so this makes me want to know what you know about how to play one of these machines. plunge has got to be critical. nudging, sure. is there anything else other than familiarity with the table that would give you advantage over the randomness of the ball thru the bumpers and holes via gravity?

#41 3 years ago

OK, so I still have a chance to bid on a Silver Sails machine. I don't want to buy it without opening it up and seeing what it looks like inside.
    question is, how to open the dang back box? there's locks on both sides of it but I can't see how to get to the guts. what the heck am I missing?
    Since it's not mine, I don't want to accidently break anything, especially since the keys and lock mechanisms are quite rusted and tough to move.
    is there a trick?

#43 3 years ago

thank you. I'm used to flipper pinball machines with the door that opens over the glass. the machines are up against a wall, so I didn't have any idea that the back box was accessible from the rear! That seems like a tough design since most machines are shoved up against a wall, and from what you all have taught me the 'brain' of the thing is in the back box, not under the playfield. Must have been a bear to work on them on route!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneycreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bingo-machines-market-value?tu=stoneycreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.