Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vic_Camp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    2E259EF6-5668-430F-9622-3A38A2D9DD24 (resized).jpeg
    FCD01E2B-0B82-4515-9231-095F951C0056 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

I had a professor in college who liked to do mathematical proofs for fun on the weekend when he had free time.

I’m not that guy nor am I someone who will seek out a bingo. But I sure am glad there are a few folks out there that want to preserve these engineering marvels.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I grew up in the largest city in NJ called Newark in the late 1960’s up to the 1990’s. I would play a bingo in many establishments like candy stores, hallmark store, Italian cafes, Blue Castle hamburger place, Italian lemon ice/pizzeria place, dinners, bars and any other establishment these vendors could find to place their to run their bingos.
    I started playing at them all at age 13. I would take buses around the big city to play at these places, if I had to. All these places would pay you cash for your replays or credits wins on the spot.
    I also played bingos on the boardwalk on Seaside Hts in the late 1960’s and 1970’s at a couple of arcades. I remember hitting a 5 in a line on a Bally Dude Ranch bingo and getting paid off with a carton of cigarettes as a prize payment.
    I also played a Bally Key West bingo in another boardwalk establishment called fascination and my replays or credits were paid out in redemption tickets for prizes. There were no cash payouts on the boardwalk establishments that I knew of.
    I was very addicted to these Bingo pinball machines for many many years and have an astronomical amount of playing time on them and became a very good player, which caused me to be barred from lots of these establishments. Some of the vendors were connect to organized crime, so they made the rules if you were to good of a player. Some would rig and alter Bingos to their favor too.
    A tremendous amount of players lost tons of money in these machines and I witnessed this firsthand. When vendors opened up the front door on their bingos coins would pour out from coin boxes being overflowing. Bingos hold the record for the best money earners for any vendor operating them.

Wow! Great story.

Any anecdotal info of how much one of these machines would bring in a week?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bingo-machines-market-value?tu=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.