By KYBingo

2 months ago

Stats

• 53 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by SteveinTexas
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image014 (resized).jpg
    image018 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20170904_122142 (resized).jpg
    20170904_122128 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120345 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120427 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120226 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120134 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120249 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120154 (resized).jpg
    20170904_120215 (resized).jpg
    My pin lift (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170629_071929 (resized).jpg

There are 53 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 days ago

I've never done that, and I'm not sure if anyone else has either, but it's certainly interesting!

#52 4 days ago
    Quoted from KYBingo:

I went to Coos' site originally wondering about artwork and saw a video on how he cleans the inside of a bingo machine. Wow! Sorbo Blue Wonder, Magic Sprap, and hot water. Really?
    Is this a recomended process...and if so, what is an equivalent all purpose cleaner available in the US?

IMO, cleaning the inside of a bingo in that is waaaaaaay overkill. But hey, it works for him, and that's great!

I can see doing this if I had a side business of high-end bingo restoration in which my clients expected a near-factory restoration. But for me and all other collectors that I have met, none have cleaned the inside of a bingo in this way.

#53 4 days ago
    Quoted from KYBingo:

I went to Coos' site originally wondering about artwork and saw a video on how he cleans the inside of a bingo machine. Wow! Sorbo Blue Wonder, Magic Sprap, and hot water. Really?
    Is this a recomended process...and if so, what is an equivalent all purpose cleaner available in the US?

here is a thread with the video linked where we discussed the merits 3 years ago of the Dutch guys bingo cleaning method verses what we will do in the States.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-clean-cloth-covered-wire-harnesses#post-1392482
    Regarding the cleaning material

I contacted the guys in the Netherlands 'Frans and Coos' a few years ago. They both have different internet sites with English translations. I asked them what is the Magic spray and the Sorbo Blue Wonder made of?

Frans answered as follows;
    "The problem with the magic stuff and the Sorbo is that the first product is no longer for sale as it was too aggressive and Sorbo is just an ordinary Dutch detergent, used for all kinds in the housekeeping. We bought the Magic Stuff in big cans and as far as we know the staple is a sodium hydroxide solution. So you can try to dissolve tablets of the dishwasher as those are pretty aggressive. But all you need is a strong degreaser which will do the job and I am sure there are a lot of those over in the USA."

Also Frans site is; http://ballybingo.nl/

Possibly use 'Purple power at a 50/50 strength instead of the magic spray which I suspect is a drain cleaner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 74.99
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,029.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,089.00
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbology
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    There are 53 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.