1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I have a Bally Bingo High Flyer Pinball that I (newbie) am attempting to restore. Scoring Issues after shooting 5 balls hit the c button to score say 3 in a row search wiper disc spins and clicking then it shows 7 balls have been shot, it shows numbers not in the holes and they change till you get 4 or 5 in a line on each card it keeps spinning changing numbers and goes through all 6 cards again and again scoring 4 or 5 in a line with different numbers till I tilt it to make it stop.
    Any thoughts here would be appreciated!

#2 1 year ago

the usual cause is multiple search wipers spinning at the same time and/or the wipers not being locked in the correct position.

the wipers should be locked at position 50 as shown in the manual diagrams on pages 7,9 and 11.

for multiple search wipers spinning at the same time, there's a "search ratchet pin switch" which the manual decided not to show...assuming it's like the other 6 card games and is activated by a peg sticking out of the metal search index ratchets/gears. There's a pin switch/peg on the 1-2 and 3-4 search ratchets which pulses a switch closed when each of those search wipers is rotated almost all the way home. The switches are responsible for releasing the next wipers.

e.g. when the 1-2 search wipers are spun almost all the way around, the 1-2 pin switch pulses closed and releases the 3-4 wipers. The 1-2 wipers lock back home almost immediately.

possible problems are:
    - the pin switches are stuck closed
    - the ratchets are installed 180 degrees wrong on the wiper shaft and the wipers for the next two cards are releasing too early.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply Baldtwit.
    The search wipers aren't turning at same time.I looked at manual diagrams the wipers on the search wipers are just below the 50 when in home position do they need to be on the contacts? I'm not sure about ratchets being installed on 180 degrees wrong but all of the search wipers are just below the 50 when in home position.
    Also relay bank 4 page 28 in manual has 3 white maybe ceramic parts not sure what they are manual doesn't say but the top one is getting very hot!
    I'm a newbie so I'm ordering the Richard Gerlitz repair video set so I can use any information here to better understand what I'm looking at.

#4 1 year ago

Check to see that your trolly fingers are not crossed.

#5 1 year ago

Problem Solved!
    Search Wipers were not stopping at zero. Made adjustments working Great!!!
    Thanks Nick

#7 1 year ago

wrt to the resistors getting hot, they will do that. They have current flowing thru them during payout and reduce the overall current thru the search index coil to prevent the coil from toasting.

They are supposed to be 30 ohms if you want to measure them. Anything above 25 ohms is fine. You need to push down the search index relay armature to open the switch that is initially shorting the resistor … i.e. look at schem B19 to see how the resistor is wired in parallel to a search index relay switch - you need the switch to be open if you want to measure the resistor value.

what does "Search Wipers were not stopping at zero" mean? The wipers not being locked centered at that position, or the wipers didn't stop after one revolution so you had more than one search wiper spinning at the same time? How did ya fix it?

#8 1 year ago

Wipers weren't set at zero/stopping at zero. I let him know how to adjust to set the wipers ahead or behind. Once that was done, it worked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 68.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 289.00
    $ 20.00
    $ 999.00
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 499.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 24.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside