Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img20200826_11521125 (resized).jpg
    Bally Gayety bingo pinball backglass retitled as
    Bally Cypress Gardens with name altered to read
    Bally Price List 1956-03-15 Night-Club and Crosswords (resized).jpg
    Bally Price List 1960-06-01 Laguna Beach (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Bingos cost quite a bit more than contemporary flipper games. I don't have any price lists handy, but those are all very interesting.

Some quick notes:

There were two main bingo designers, Don Hooker for Bally and Lyndon "Lyn" Durant for United.

Harry Williams designed one for Williams and Ed Krynski designed three for Keeney. I'm not sure who designed Holiday for Keeney, but I don't think it was Krynski.

Don Hooker designed the ingenious circuitry you see and the descending diamond playfield.

Lyn Durant had a different approach to his circuitry. It required many smaller components instead of two larger motors. With the release of Manhattan, United switched to a Bally style setup.

Lots more to the history, but that's a start.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from alb0711:

I believe Kryzinski also designed many pinball games, but am not sure

He did - he was scooped up by Gottlieb and designed many many games for them in the metal rail EM era-early solid state.

Quoted from alb0711:

Wondering if internal bingo components like the mixer ended up in early Bally slot machines?

I don't have a ton of EM slot experience, but I was surprised to see a blatant rip off of the Bally mixer unit in a flasher I worked on from a company called Auto-Bell. They may have had some kind of relationship to Bally, haven't looked that deeply.

Quoted from alb0711:

I'm betting Bally artists did work for both Bingos and Pinballs. The art and style are very similar.

Yes, the art for all games was outsourced to just one or two shops. The primary artist, as far as I can tell, on most bingos from Bally and United (until about mid-60s) was George Molentin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bingo-engineering-history?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.