Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mustery_wire_yellow-red (resized).jpg
Gray_90-9_wire_markedup (resized).jpg
anti-cheat-switch (resized).jpg
mod-splice (resized).jpg
InkedCU Switch 4D_LI (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi, Just like the title reads the machine always tilts on coin-up. Here is what happens and what I have done so far....

1. I power up the machine.
2. I drop a coin
3. I can see the Red Button Relay is energized
4. Tilt Relay Coil energizes and game goes into Tilt.

Here is what I have done so far, figuring that the Tilt Relay Coil gets energized by any tilt switch, I went as far as separating all 4 Tilt Trip switches (one on the back door, one on the coin door, one on the shooter side side wall and one on the bottom board shooter side) and the plumb-bob figuring there is nothing possibly making them work.. I think thats all of them atleast the ones I can find.

Update: I also bent the 4D switch up so it never makes contact.

Any thoughts on what else would/could energize the Tilt Relay Coil?

Thanks
Steve

#3 3 years ago

Thanks okorange, Sorry I should have mentioned that, i read about that on another post by baldtwit and the 4D blade is up.

#5 3 years ago

I was able to manually reset the tilt trip relay by lifting the armature plate and it holds. The tilt trip relay only trips with a coin drop. videos attached

#8 3 years ago

Am I seeing this correctly (without removing the stack...)
The pic below is of CU Switch 4D circled in RED. Notice only 2 (13-9 and 14-5) wires are soldered to the same top leaf of 4D, no wires soldered to the bottom or middle leafs.

InkedCU Switch 4D_LI (resized).jpgInkedCU Switch 4D_LI (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

Looks like only 2 wires are there. I will dig further into this and report back.

Could this have been set this way, that the player would pay an attendant to play preloaded replays and work the replays down to zero or cash out the replays. Cause the way its set now thats how it plays.

#12 3 years ago

Just confirmed, only 2 wires attached to that 4D blade. I dug around that switch area and could not locate a 3rd wire.

I was able to buzz-out one wire 14-5 that goes to the Tilt trip relay lug.

The other wire (I think i need to do some more digging) buzzed-out at the Coin switch and the Replay Register Zero switch.

I was looking/comparing my County Fair manual with the Bikini Manual and the Tilt Trip Relay is documented the exact same way, so maybe I have something to compare with when tracing those wires.

#14 3 years ago

Well i went looking for the 90-9 on the plug and the socket... not there, what is there is 13-9. So I am thinking I need to trace back into the cabinet and to the coin door socket to see if that 90-9 gets altered at some point or just run a new 90-9 wire from the coin socket to the 90-9 backbox socket the to the middle switch on 4D as a clean starting point.

#16 3 years ago

This is what I found out…
Originally, the 14-5 wire and the other ??-? wire were soldered to the top blade of 4D.
Middle blade and bottom blade of 4D did not have anything connected to it.

I unsoldered both wires 14-5 and the other ??-?.

I physically traced and confirmed 90-9 gray is correct from the coin door socket to the back plug. I want to trace from the 90-9 back socket and see where that is going.

I physically traced thru the loom 14-5 (red-green) to the 22 socket (left side 2nd from top) according to manual that is correct.

The other ??-? wire looks to be a mod of some sort. This wire (31-?), starting from the top blade of 4D, I physically traced it thru the loom and just before the 6 relay bank, it was cut and a solid brown wire was attached and went to the anti-cheat relay to a switch that was added to the shorter outside stack. The other brown wire from that switch goes to the lug of the coil.

The first pic is the mod splice, the second pic is the anti-cheat-relay showing the additional switch on the short stack.
mod-splice (resized).jpgmod-splice (resized).jpg
anti-cheat-switch (resized).jpganti-cheat-switch (resized).jpg

#17 3 years ago

I was able to physically trace to 90-9 wire from the 90-9 socket position in the backbox and it took me to CU 5C switch. Pic is below.

Gray_90-9_wire_markedup (resized).jpgGray_90-9_wire_markedup (resized).jpg
#19 3 years ago

I would like to get back to factory or atleast so that when I drop a coin tge game fires up and when additional coins are dropped it adds replays to the replay register.

#20 3 years ago

I would like to get back to factory so that when I drop a coin, the game fires up and when additional coins are dropped it adds replays to the replay register.

1] was the ??-? wire in the harness, or was it just an added wire so the color doesn't matter?
Answer: Yes, it was in the harness, I opened the harness so I could follow it to the splice, but the splice was actually outside the harness.

2] is the added switch on the anti-cheat open or closed when the anti-cheat is unpowered ... and it it adjusted to work right
Answer: this switch is closed when un-powered. And it does appear to open at the same time the other switches on when energized.

3] is 90-9 attached to 78-4 on CU 5C?
Answer: Yes they are soldered together.

4] if your ??-? wire is 13-9, at least that makes sense wrt where the ends are. However, it doesn't look red/yellow in the pics.
Answer: This wire looks more like yellow/red, new pic below.

mustery_wire_yellow-red (resized).jpgmustery_wire_yellow-red (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bikini-bingo-tilt-on-coin-up?tu=smohr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.