• Latest reply 5 years ago by OTRChief
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_117 Nov. 04 05.08 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I don't see the odds lights on the. schematic; mine don't light. My game does not start so I have been working on individual components and steppers. I know these lights are 6 volt but don't know where to start in getting them to work. The other feature lights like extra balls or super cards do light.

#2 5 years ago

If you can go to Bally/United BINGO pinball by Bingo Butch you will be able to have alot of people help you faster. First make sure all bulbs are not burnt out. Then I would go to tour odds unit and clean that up

#3 5 years ago

They are located at location L 10-12. .......upper left on the schematic. See attachment.
The lamps in each group are wired together; there are 8 groups for scoring.
As stated above......you probably have a stepper unit that needs cleaning, most likely the WiperArm.

ScreenHunter_117 Nov. 04 05.08 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_117 Nov. 04 05.08 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Agreed with both above - it's almost certainly just dirt on the score unit. But could be a broken wire #40 between 1st EB and the score lights. Very unlikely, but possible.

Do the scores flash when the start relay is pressed? As shown in the snippet above, that bypasses the score unit, so you could narrow it down a bit more easily.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your suggestions on the score lights. I will look at / clean the score unit. This game has been sitting in my basement for a number of years and it does not go through any part of the start sequence so I have been working on individual units to make sure they are clean and step up and down correctly. When I turn the game on the control unit motor and spotting unit motors are running. When I trip the coin switch I hear a click but the start re does not appear to activate. I can manually close the start re & anti cheat re which will cause the feature lights (not odds) to come on. The shutter and ball lift motors never activate unless I trip some contacts on the shutter motor. I will keep working on individual units.

#6 5 years ago

I would start by trying to get the 'Start relay' to energize..
Clean and adj. the contacts on all 5 Relay Bank switches. Make sure the 'SPDT' sw. on' E.B. Play'
relay at loc. F4 is set correctly.
I would put games on the Replay Counter, worry about the coin sw. later.
********** Have Fun ******

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

I would start by trying to get the 'Start relay' to energize..
Clean and adj. the contacts on all 5 Relay Bank switches. Make sure the 'SPDT' sw. on' E.B. Play'
relay at loc. F4 is set correctly.

Thank you I will start with the 5 relay bank

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

I would put games on the Replay Counter, worry about the coin sw. later.

just to be pedantic … 'cause everyone loves a nitpicky git ... the replay register is the unit with the numbered reels showing the credits. The replay counter is the unit that stops payout when the right number of credits are added.

on big time, there's one replay counter and it's on the top left of the lamp panel inside the head. On many later games, there's a replay counter for each color you can independently score or for every card on a multi-card machine.

if you add credits to the replay register with the power off and you don't want them removed when you turn the game on, hold down the anti-cheat relay armature/plate while turning on the game.

since big time has the older style relays with metal tab over the armature, you can stick a hunk of folded paper between the tab and armature to hold down the armature. Do it a bit loosely to avoid coil buzzing.

keeping the anti-cheat closed between power cycles is handy when working on the game. The machine will keep doing whatever it was doing when you turn the power off/on.

manually resetting the replay counter will let the game pay again, and if the timer unit steps up all the way and tilts the machine, reset the timer unit and untrip the tilt trip relay with your finger.

#9 5 years ago

just to be pedantic … 'cause everyone loves a nitpicky git ... the replay register is the unit with the numbered reels showing the credits. The replay counter is the unit that stops payout when the right number of credits are added.
...............................................................................................................................
I stand corrected............... No problem.
I always thought it was a Counter......
Anyway......... You have to get the 'start relay' to Power On......
I assume you have all the Voltages and no blown fuses!
I'm thinking the 'SPDT' contact on the ' E. B. Play' relay is mis-adjusted.
Let us know how you are doing.....

#11 5 years ago

This will become a spring project as I am moving west for the winter. In the early 70s I owned a Turf King which seems somewhat similar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-big-time-bingo-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.