You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25555CD0-DB20-43BA-AE57-ED4A5F07CC9B (resized).jpeg
Bally Bazaar score reels (resized).jpg
F940D5DD-2AEF-49A7-B844-B89060227E31 (resized).jpeg
BB843F19-3FB1-4BDA-A270-E71C6EF5A107 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

It sounds like you have a stuck switch on the playfield. A stuck switch would cause the score relay to stay energized. Go through all your playfield switches and confirm they are open.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintime74:

I am checking the playfield switches now. Prior to manually setting the score reels to zero, the score motor unit would run continuously. I unplugged the plugs for the door and playfield and the score motor unit would continue to run. When I unplugged the plugs for the backbox the score motor unit would turn for a second and then stop. With this I has assumed it must be in the backbox. Would it still be in the playfield if the score motor unit continues to run with the plugs for the playfield disconnected?

Two different problems. The score reels not resetting to zero, causes your score motor to run non-stop. Manually setting them to zero, stops the score motor, completing the reset. After that, something is causing the relay in the backbox to stay on. If it is a "Points" relay, you probably have a switch closed on the playfield. Or the hold switch on the relay itself may be closed. You'll have to figure out what specific relay is stuck on. It will be warmer than the others.

The reason why the score motor continued to run with the playfield unplugged was probably because it was still trying to reset the score reels to zero. Try manually resetting the score reels to zero and then try it again with the playfield unplugged.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bazaar-score-reels-wont-advance?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.