(Topic ID: 190099)

Bally Bazaar Price Check: Would you walk away ?

By Ballypin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bazaar NOS Backglass.jpg
1.JPG
#1 6 years ago

Been looking for a 1966 Bally Bazaar for a few weeks and I checked out a lead. I only have the 2014 Mr Pinball price guide and it is at 525. Can someone post the current 2016 or 2017 guide price? Back glass has flaking in a lot of areas and is missing paint along bottom channel. Playfield has wear at inserts, planking and some good wear from planking right in center above the slings. Plastics intact with no breaks but some are warped. Game seems to play fine and no hacks visible. Cabinet is fair but solid.

So, the initial asking price was ridiculous and then came to a realistic price but we were still $ 100 apart. I came up $ 40 then another $ 30 but ultimately drove away over another $ 30 not wanting to fully bend because of the pf and bg issues.

Did I walk away from a unicorn and I need to go back with my tail between my legs or should I wait for a better deal to come along that may be farther away?

#2 6 years ago

The price guides don't mean a thing. Go with your gut feeling.

John

#3 6 years ago

My gut said leave and I did. Had a long drive home and kept re-weighing the decision. Just haven't see it available and maybe should have let emotions win over reason.

#4 6 years ago

$575 in above average condition, fully working.

I bought mine recently (actually I was offered the game on credit that I was owed) with a outstanding playfield (9/10), solid cabinet (7/10), and average (7/10) backglass for less than $400.
He was going to give it to me for $250, but I refused due to playfield quality.
The game is functional and complete, but unrestored.
The only way this game title is worth over $1000 is if the game is properly fully restored.
Basic restoration won't push the game higher than $850, and it has to be really sharp.
There is no sort of dealer pricing here.
If you need more details on this game title, feel free to contact me.

I really comes down to how much you like Ted Zale games.
Most of his export versions of his games are much much harder to find.

1.JPG1.JPG

This game is not a unicorn, yet, but it is rare, unless you own already a NOS backglass still in its factory box crate.
That is very rare.
It is also the hardest part of the equation, as parts are interchangeable with other titles of the era.
BTW, this particular shown backglass is being provided for future reproduction purposes with full 1200 dpi color scans of the front and back which I just completed on a high end flatbed scanner.

Bazaar NOS Backglass.jpgBazaar NOS Backglass.jpg

There is another Bazaar out on the West Coast as a project very close to me, and a couple of empty cabinets, but I do not think you would want any of them, as the playfield on the project game has too much damage.
I only know of 5 collection owned games in the PNW, and 2 in CA.

#5 6 years ago

Do you know what feeling is worse than wondering if you should have bought something?

The feeling of buying something and regretting the purchase. All the way home, setup, playing and eventually getting rid of it. You will dislike the game every time you see it when you feel it was a bad purchase.

Your gut feeling was probably best. Don't look back.

#6 6 years ago

I wish the game I saw had a pf as nice as yours, TBK, and MY starting point was 400.

Best way to double your money is to fold it in half and put in back in your wallet.

#7 6 years ago

Bad deal is a bad deal, you did the right thing by walking away

#8 6 years ago

Bravo for you. I have walked way a couple times from a game that was in significantly worse condition than the preliminary photos made it appear and it is difficult to do, but sometimes is the right choice.

I had a Bazaar a few years ago and mine had an outstanding PF (~9.5), but the cabinet paint was closer to a 7 and the BG had some minor flaking in the snake charmer's robes and just a tiny bit in the red lettering. Bazaar is a fun game, but a bit repetitive after a while. Someone contacted me out of the blue after finding my info in a search (I think I had mentioned owning the machine in an online forum) and wanted to buy it since the game had emotional significance from playing it a lot as a kid. I let it go.

I'd say the price is in the $500-600 range, depending on condition. Not a lot more unless it's collector quality.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bazaar-price-check-would-you-walk-away and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.