Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by WalrusPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I picked up a Bally Bazaar add a ball version yesterday. It doesn't appear to be crediting extra balls. Also, there are lamps in the sockets where they would be in the replay version for end of game "MATCH". There is no credit wheel, but there is an "add a ball" stepper. I don't understand how you would use the match function with add a ball. All these issues but I don't find a schematic for the add a ball version on IPDB...only the replay version. Any suggestions/comments, or where I could get a schematic to understand and troubleshoot the circuitry for my version? Side note, I believe this was an early export model that was repatriated.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

From IPDB: An add-a-ball version was made for export to Italy. "Federico Croci, a collector from Italy, owns an Early Production Add-a-ball version with serial number 1003. Until he can send pictures, he describes its differences from those made later in production: "First of all, cabinet used had very different graphics, actually borrowed from Bally's 1965 'Blue Ribbon'. Other differences include the top section of the backglass, instead of the usual numbered half-moon, we have 'super bonus' from 100 to 900. Also, no kick-back on the left 'Special' exit lane. As usual [for an add-a-ball], no credit unit and no credit window in the backglass as well."

OK, well, maybe I don't have an export version. This is my second Bazaar I have owned. The previous one was a replay model, unlike my current ad a ball model. My previous one had a coin door with 3 slots...nickel, dime, and quarter. My current model has a much different door with only one slot. The mechanism is gone so I don't know what coin it accepted. I assumed it was a foreign coin, but perhaps it was for a dime. Also, the cabinet is painted "normal" and the back glass has crescents, not numbers 100-900. I also have a kick back lane with insert "special."

So let's assume now I don't have an export model. I have a USA version with a one slot door, (there are two different style doors shown in pics on IPDB). I still would like a schematic for the ad a ball version to troubleshoot why the ad a ball stepper isn't working.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

A funny looking L for lire?
I would check with PBR for a schematic. I think there is also a site somewhere that has links to foreign schematics, but I can't find it.

PBR does not have the schematic for the add-a-ball version. Any suggestions (a link maybe) where to find one?

#7 5 years ago

No. That is the replay version. There must be a different schematic for the add a ball model. Anyone??

4 weeks later
#9 5 years ago

Resolved. Got schematic from Pinhead in Italy. Corrected wiring and now game plays 100%.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

Good find. Bazaar AAB is listed as a separate machine in the parts catalog with list of different parts. This was just before the run of AAB (= Shoot Again) convertible models commencing Rocket III.
IPDB says King Rex was an Italian AAB model but the flyer is from an NYC reseller

Yes indeed. My AAB Bazaar has completely different parts than the replay version. It is not a conversion, but rather built as the AAB as you say. By the way, I have owned both Bazaar's....replay and AAB. It is interesting how Bally designed the added balls to be displayed using the numbers on the backglass that would otherwise indicate the "match number" of the replay version. But the backglass is different, in that there is no window for the credit wheel.

I searched Pinside and worldwide owners of Bazaar, found a total of 31, and only 3 are known to be the AAB version. I'd call that RARE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bazaar-add-a-ball-schematic?tu=JethroP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.