image3 (resized).jpg
Image2 (resized).jpg
Image1 (resized).jpg
image.jpg
625x465_1590893_2788291_1399629198.jpg
625x465_1590885_2788238_1399626342.jpg
image.jpeg

#1 9 years ago

I have been working with 2 aussies to now make available the Bally - Ball Outhole Kicker Arms in a original version as well as a stronger version with larger radiis, braces and extra fill with the goal to last a long time. Below is a 3D printed version proving fit and function. The shapeways version is nylon and 100% filled and choice of a few colours.

now available at Shapeways

the original version
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1590885/bally-pinball-ball-outhole-kicker-arm-c-972-3.html?li=my-models&materialId=62

the upgraded version
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1590893/bally-pinball-ball-outhole-kicker-arm-c-972-3-u.html?li=aeTabs

image.jpegimage.jpeg

original version
625x465_1590885_2788238_1399626342.jpg625x465_1590885_2788238_1399626342.jpg

modded / upgraded version
625x465_1590893_2788291_1399629198.jpg625x465_1590893_2788291_1399629198.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Please help by adding any game names that this part is in to help others.

I know it is found in a
Fathom,
Embryon,
Elektra

#3 9 years ago

Very nice. I had mine break 2 days after I had my Fathom up and running. Was lucky enough to find some NOS on Ebay. These were becoming unobtanium. Like your reinforced version.

#4 9 years ago

little bump for the next time zone

1 month later
#5 9 years ago

Are they available to purchase?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Are they available to purchase?

Yes both options are available from shapeways

#9 9 years ago

see my first post for the links

otherwise type in pinball at Shapeways

#10 9 years ago

Cool! Thanks guys. I'll be getting one. Might get a few of the lamp shrouds too.

#11 9 years ago

Also Marco are know stocking the roll over buttons - purchasing from my store but marking up to the pinball community

The guys in Aus are happy with the modded shrouds with the screw down holes.

I also have a few more things to be released soon.

#12 9 years ago

Also does anyone recognise this part used in any other machine

4 months later
#13 9 years ago

I just ordered one. Thanks for making these available. If I ever see this part in another game, I'll let you know.

Have you ever considered making the plastic inner sleeve for the Bally shooter assembly?

2 weeks later
#14 9 years ago

I got mine. Fits nice and snug!

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#15 9 years ago

cool, thanks for the update, some how missed this post, thanks for sharing

I did to help a few mates, so just me know if you need something made to keep the classics running.

2 years later
#16 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Also does anyone recognise this part used in any other machine

Thread resurrection!

Add Vector to your list. Mine broke, just ordered the upgraded version.

#17 6 years ago

Thanks for the addition, hope it helps you

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Thanks for the addition, hope it helps you

Thanks! I'm sure it will! Have you had any documented failures of your upgraded version?

I was about to fabricate my own out of steel but then I found this thread!

#19 6 years ago

No a couple of friends have them with no issues as well as about 30 sold via shapeways and no reports back and Marco Specialities have bought a few of the regulars with new no issues reported

5 months later
#20 6 years ago

Another one to add... Gold Ball. Ordered one today.

#21 6 years ago

My Fathom had an original but the original when it launched a ball (with 2 other balls sitting in the trough) would knock them backwards out of the trough far enough to start the missing ball warning sound. I tried everything to prevent this issue with mixed results until I installed the reinforced blue kicker arm and problem solved!!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Another one to add... Gold Ball. Ordered one today.

thanks for the update and thanks for the support

Quoted from bonzo442:

My Fathom had an original but the original when it launched a ball (with 2 other balls sitting in the trough) would knock them backwards out of the trough far enough to start the missing ball warning sound. I tried everything to prevent this issue with mixed results until I installed the reinforced blue kicker arm and problem solved!!

great to hear

there has been a real run on these of late, somehow people have discovered them and glad it is keeping games going.

#23 6 years ago

here are some better photos I got from a mate

Image1 (resized).jpgImage1 (resized).jpg

Image2 (resized).jpgImage2 (resized).jpg

image3 (resized).jpgimage3 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

Yes thank you for these and just seeing the difference this made launching the ball on my Fathom I highly recommend your product!

#25 6 years ago

that was the goal, as the few broken ones that were sent to me they all broke in the similar area - hence the filling in and bracing added

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ball-outhole-kicker-arms-c-972-3-modded-versions-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.