Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1D725318-1D71-423E-B5C8-EC85FAC94321 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hi
I need some help with ball in play 1-5 on my Fireball 1972.
I have testet all relays checked all contacts in the diagram for Ball step up relay, but the Ball in play changes periodic most of the time it is free play with endles Ball after Ball one ore sometime Ball 2 but it Almost never goes forward to game over.
Anyone have had this problem ?

Thanks in adwance

#2 4 years ago

It sounds like your stepper unit is gummed up. Read up on how to take it apart and clean the rotating assembly. Take lots of pictures as you go through the steps. Each activation of a coil should result in a crisp, quick ratcheting of the unit.

#3 4 years ago

On Ballys that's usually a combo of Outhole and Ball Index relays, with a score motor sw. sometimes thrown in.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Ospdk:

the Ball in play changes periodic most of the time

I have no idea what you mean. Can you explain better or post and link to a youtube video?

#5 4 years ago

The fun in having an EM... note the glases
Now i finaly got the Ball in play to advance after every Ball in outhole. But when i play 2 player after player 1 loses Ball one it goes to player 2 who have 5 balls and the game over.

1D725318-1D71-423E-B5C8-EC85FAC94321 (resized).jpeg1D725318-1D71-423E-B5C8-EC85FAC94321 (resized).jpeg
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Ospdk:

when i play 2 player after player 1 loses Ball one it goes to player 2 who have 5 balls and the game over

If the Player Reset relay never activates, check the End of Stroke switch on the Ball Count unit

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 4 years ago

The player reset relay triggers fine, but if more than one player, always the last player gets to play all 5 balls, they other only the first ball it never go back to first player

#8 4 years ago

If the Player Reset relay doesn't activate the Player Up Unit Reset solenoid when it should, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9 4 years ago

Howardr, Thanks for your reply.
Since the player up works fine, i assume that part worked fine, so looked after where the system found out of it is the last player in that round and must reset, the player up and go to player on and next Ball, but can't figure out that part.
Problem in basic.
One player : no problem
Multi player : All players get the first ball, when last player has lost ball 1, it doesn't go to player one again but last player get to play all the balls and then game over, same problem with 2,3 ore 4 players.
When game over and new game players reset fine.

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

How dos the player up find out that a round is finish and goes to another round

#11 4 years ago

Ospdk the round is finished when the ball count advances to the next ball. The ball count end of stroke switch pulls in the player reset relay. You stated that the player reset relay is actuating therefore the fault is in the circuit that Howard R posted, outlined in red.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ball-in-play-periodic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.