(Topic ID: 185596)

Bally Backglass Plastic Trim

By loghome895

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ind222ex (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Greetings!

I'am putting the plastic backglass trim on a Silverball Mania CPR backglass. Should I cut it to 45 degrees so it fits at the corners? Or does it just slide on the glass? ( as is ) Also, the chrome channel that fits on the bottom of the glass. Should I put some tape or some type of material in the slot the glass sits on? The old chrome channel had rust in it where the glass sits.............. I just can't beleive that there is nothing protecting the glass from scratches. peeling ect.....Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

#2 6 years ago

Just get a new channel:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-hardware-vids-review

The glass is protected from the metal by friction/hockey tape.

ind222ex (resized).jpgind222ex (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the info Vid! I did get a new channel from Marco. Should I put the friction tape on the inside of the channel or put it on the glass itself? Should I tape the three plastic u channel's to the glass?............ Also, do I cut the plastic u channel peices at a 45 degree so it will fit on the corners better or just leave it as is?.......Sorry for all the questions......... LOL

#4 6 years ago

Plastic channel does not need tape.

Metal channel gets tape, so non sticky side goes to the glass.

Up to you on mitering the corners.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Vid you the man!...........

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-backglass-plastic-trim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.