Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

New_Back_box_inside.jpg
Cabinet_side_by_side.jpg
PICT0897.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Avatar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

In the middle of working on a Bally Evel Knievel (my first restoration ... hooray).
The backbox has these sheets of foil under the PCB's, that I figure are some sort of 70's EMC-screening.
Is there anything against replacing these foils with just one metal sheet in the back like in the WPC-machines ?

#4 8 years ago

Thx for the feedback. I'm not going purist on this restore, so out with the foil and in with the sheet-metal.
BTW: Real nice looking backbox there. I can just hope to achieve the same level.

#7 8 years ago

I remember that he was looking to make these stencils, but stil needed decent scans at that time. These stencils are not yet on his website, so I figured these are still a work in progress.

If needed, I can have access to a scanner. I just need to talk to a friend, offer him some fancy Gin 'n' Tonic's, and scoop the scanner from his desk. He doesn't use it that much, so he won't miss it for a week. The worst part is getting that old HP-beast working under Win 10.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 179.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Avatar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-backbox-foil-replacement?tu=Avatar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.