(Topic ID: 275985)

Bally Baby Pacman incorrect sound issue. Please help me find the Waka waka (Reso

By JT-Pinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201030_111659 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Don’t think it’s the dip switches. Do you get the start up tune when you power up the game?

#4 3 years ago

You might want to try changing the PIA at U7. I think the signal for the sound test from the coin door goes to the PIA, while the test button on the board doesn’t. Sometimes a port can be bad and it will still pass the self test at startup.

#6 3 years ago

The mpu signals are not all getting to the 6803 sound cpu. Usually it’s the connectors or the PIA. Slight chance it’s the cpu. When you press the test button on the Vidiot, do you get the sound(like a ray gun). ? Then two flashes, not three.

#9 3 years ago

Maybe one of the communication chips. I’ll look at the schematic tomorrow and get back.

#10 3 years ago

I think the switch data inputs to the 6803 on pins 9-12. Step 1: Best to use a logic probe to see if there is activity on these pins as switches are closed.

#15 3 years ago

I didn't realize the switch hits made sounds. Thought you said there was no sound on switch hits. Did you say the sound test doesn't work from the coin door switch? If it doesn't the mpu isn't communicating to with the 6803.

#17 3 years ago

There is a switch matrix on the Vidiot for those sounds. Seems like that is working. I think the sound test and other communication from the mpu come directly through one of the communication chips, maybe U6. I gotta look at the schematic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-baby-pacman-sound-issue?tu=jj44114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.