Atlantis worth (resized).jpg
IMG_2034 (resized).JPG
CAM00076 (resized).jpg
CAM00075 (2) (resized).jpg
CAM00072 (resized).jpg
CAM00074 (1) (resized).jpg
CAM00073 (resized).jpg
CAM00071 (1) (resized).jpg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Its one them pins that dont come up much and really hard to put numbers on.... id say between the 1-1800 depending on condition. Fun little pin with nice lighting .

#52 7 years ago

FYI... I sold mine for $1100 to start the summer... Full asking and priced to move... Had typical peeling decals on edges , few scratches, all LEDs, PF in good shape.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

but I've honestly seen this with a few titles now. You're not the only one who has noticed it.

really?, we have all noticed that bullshit with you Forceflow and now you want to flip it around... you dump on all the games you want (mainly rare and oddballs) and then things go quite once you own them.

Just because you dont want to believe the now 3 reputable pinsiders giving you real hard facts sales, does not make them go away and just makes you look stupid/ignorant.

I bought mine for 1250 over 2 years ago and it needed work. I am not an outlier.

Skypilot recently sold a player condition for 1300

Amkoemper recently purchased one for 1300

I have had multiple offers of 1500 plus for mine which is currently clean but on route.

now here is another data point

Quoted from danczaz:

FYI... I sold mine for $1100 to start the summer... Full asking and priced to move... Had typical peeling decals on edges , few scratches, all LEDs, PF in good shape.

Priced to move, sold at full asking (i.e. a deal that someone jumped on quickly), start of summer (always the best time to buy for a good price?).

The last 'documented' (which I guess in your world means Pinside sale) was for a water damaged game missing parts for $600 (and yes it is safe to assume it sold for close to that number since it sold quickly).

Yet you are so thick skulled and determined to be right in your evaluation that you are going to say a nice looking game with one minor issue is only worth $700. seriously laughable and wont happen.

Yet again, your price bashing is obvious and makes you look silly.

My assessment of 12-1300 is definitely closer than your low ball BS assessment of 700. I am not sure what more you need???

Oh wait... I know... You need to find a BLY Atlantis and then you will shut up and never comment again about it, LOL.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

between the 1-1800 depending on condition.

or more

IMG_2034 (resized).JPGIMG_2034 (resized).JPG

#55 7 years ago

WOW I'll take the "more" version please!! When I first started collecting I found a beater Atlantis that the guy wanted too much for.....since than this game has always been on my radar. I'm still looking for a "nice" example in my area to add to my line up.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really?, we have all noticed that bullshit with you Forceflow and now you want to flip it around... you dump on all the games you want (mainly rare and oddballs) and then things go quite once you own them.
Just because you dont want to believe the now 3 reputable pinsiders giving you real hard facts sales, does not make them go away and just makes you look stupid/ignorant.
I bought mine for 1250 over 2 years ago and it needed work. I am not an outlier.
Skypilot recently sold a player condition for 1300
Amkoemper recently purchased one for 1300
I have had multiple offers of 1500 plus for mine which is currently clean but on route.
now here is another data point

Priced to move, sold at full asking (i.e. a deal that someone jumped on quickly), start of summer (always the best time to buy for a good price?).
The last 'documented' (which I guess in your world means Pinside sale) was for a water damaged game missing parts for $600 (and yes it is safe to assume it sold for close to that number since it sold quickly).
Yet you are so thick skulled and determined to be right in your evaluation that you are going to say a nice looking game with one minor issue is only worth $700. seriously laughable and wont happen.
My assessment of 12-1300 is definitely closer than your low ball BS assessment of 700. I am not sure what more you need???
Oh wait... I know... You need to find a BLY Atlantis and then you will shut up and never comment again about it, LOL.

To be fair, i was skypilots buyer

#57 7 years ago

I bought mine while the Ohio show was going on (why are these all hoarded in Ohio?) Decent overall shape, plays 100%. Needs to be shopped.
$1150 + 150 to get it hauled back to me = $1300 I thought 1300 was a good price point for this pin just needing some minor cleaning etc

Its a damn fun game and very happy to have it now.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I bought mine while the Ohio show was going on (why are these all hoarded in Ohio?) Decent overall shape, plays 100%. Needs to be shopped.
$1150 + 150 to get it hauled back to me = $1300 I thought 1300 was a good price point for this pin just needing some minor cleaning etc
Its a damn fun game and very happy to have it now.

You paid 150 to get it to you. That should not be factored into what it sold for. What it costs to get a machine to you is luck of the draw but doesn't increase/decrease its value.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

You paid 150 to get it to you. That should not be factored into what it sold for. What it costs to get a machine to you is luck of the draw but doesn't increase/decrease its value.

I think he is saying that if it were local he would have paid the 1300 also.

Regardless, that is YET another example of 1150 to a seller showing your 700 offer is a lowball for a game just needing a sound board fix and a shop out.

I suggested you offer 1120 as a fair offer if you really want it.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And that's why I said it cost $1150 It was $1250 and seller worked with me to help offset getting it to me. Really nice guy.
You interpret/justify that however you like Dung.
I was good with the pin being 1300. Whether that was machine alone or included whatever it incurred to me to have it home.

#61 7 years ago

I feel a little bad for the few in here really wanting a nice Atlantis that are never going to get one for the $700 they are willing to pay.

It really is a great game and I feel lucky to have one.

I think the example from Matt will clean up really nice (good pf, still has color in the cab art, nice trans, complete with sub). I have emailed out to the people that have asked about mine and given them your info smileyMatt.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

And that's why I said it cost $1150 It was $1250 and seller worked with me to help offset getting it to me. Really nice guy.
You interpret/justify that however you like Dung.
I was good with the pin being 1300. Whether that was machine alone or included whatever it incurred to me to have it home.

To each their own, but you said you paid 150 for transport. That you worked out with the seller. You did not pay 1300. It did not sell for 1300 and the seller felt strongly enough to help you out to the tune of 150 in order to make the sale. If the seller felt strongly enough that he could get 1250 or 1300 he would have gotten it without helping you out.

#63 7 years ago

OP should make an eBay add....done.
Start at $1000.....let it ride from there.
I have owned 2 ; yes 2! Both needed tons of work and one new plastic set was enough for both. Flippers , led, rubbers and drop targets. The full shop job. Both had similar fade to cabinets ,but fade is apart of the age of this game.
I paid $1250 for one, plus NAVL shipping. Second was $1500 plus shipping.
Would do it again!
These went to a client and I miss them. Fun to work on and play.
Diver 1, Diver 2, multiball. Great pin , get this thing going and it's tons of fun.
I would buy a third and ship it to.
OP, please make an eBay add so I can bid!!!

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Examples?

Though, I do admit that I grumble at inflated prices, as do most collectors.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from amkoepfer:

To be fair, i was skypilots buyer

One sale had both the buyer & seller responding.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, now that a few others have chimed in, maybe it is worth a little more in its current state than I originally thought it was--however, I still think you're also over-inflating it.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I feel a little bad for the few in here really wanting a nice Atlantis that are never going to get one for the $700 they are willing to pay.

Just picked one up for $800. Fully functional, nice all around and clean boards. Guy I bought it from got it for $750 so I guess that's 2 sales below $1000 for this title.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I still think you're also over-inflating it.

They are. It's a nice game but I don't see what's that special about it. Maybe the extra money is for the world's most over-engineered pop bumper caps?

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Just picked one up for $800. Fully functional, nice all around and clean boards. Guy I bought it from got it for $750 so I guess that's 2 sales below $1000 for this title.

Utah? What's the market like there in terms of demand? Did you find a gem in the rough? Maybe.

#68 7 years ago

Just like everywhere else. Dog eat dog. Pins last minutes on the local classifieds. Mostly overpriced but some good deals like always.

This was a 2 for 1 deal that another collector snagged. Strange Science for $1000 and Atlantis for $800 or $1500 for both. He wanted the SS so I offered to take the Atlantis off his hands and gave him $800. We both got lucky. Turned out the SS has display issues though...

#69 7 years ago

Atlantis worth (resized).jpgAtlantis worth (resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago

I bought, played, & sold a fully working Atlantis last year for around 1k. The pf & decals weren't as nice as Matt's, but it was 100% working.

And I'm in the same town as Matt. If I had the room, I'd be looking to add Atlantis again. It's a fun, simple game.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I will be honest and say I offered 700. I asked around here from my fellow collectors one of who owns it. They felt that was fair given the condition. The expectation is that when done it would fetch between 800-1k. If someone wants to offer more and Matt decides to sell you know where to be at to come in ahead of me. I am just irked when people throw out numbers and have no data to back it up especially when they have a vested interest in increasing the value of their machine whether they are currently selling it or not.

That is more than fair given the condition. This game is on my short list and I feel your price of 800-1k fixed is spot on. There is just not enough game to justify paying more. To me it is only a fun game with a group of people so that of course factors in on my price as well.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, now that a few others have chimed in, maybe it is worth a little more in its current state than I originally thought it was--however, I still think you're also over-inflating it.

You may have missed it but I made clear my $1500 was because I wanted to influence Matt that he shuodl clean it up and keep it.

My realistic assesment is spot on. $12-1300 is fair based on the good bones and minor issues.

Depending on how much Matt wants to move it, an offer of $1120 is in line and he may just take it.

$700 is still laughable and pretty sure Matt would keep it and clean it up himself rather than bite on that offer.

#73 7 years ago

Saying it again....Ebay can settle this argument in 7 days...

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Depending on how much Matt wants to move it, an offer of $1120 is in line and he may just take it.

I'm offering more than that!!!

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

That sounds like a single sale to me? Guy picked it up in a pair deal and flipped it to you to get his SS for a bit cheaper.

You also live in BFE where pins are much cheaper when they pop up (just my experience)

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yeah, rational and logical people should offer more than a $700 low ball. My assessment is pretty spot on. This game falls in the same category of sys11 quality, ruleset, and keepability. The only reason it has not jumped to the upper teens is it is still rare enough that it is underplayed/appreciated. Over time it will continue to creep up as more get a shot to enjoy it.

If I wanted the game for myself I would offer 1200 and work from there.

#77 7 years ago

Saying it again....Ebay can settle this argument in 7 days...

yeah, but ebay is a waste of fees and hassles. I will never sell a pin on ebay.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$700 is still laughable and pretty sure Matt would keep it and clean it up himself rather than bite on that offer

Why is it laughable? Do you know what he paid for it? The offer could be well over what the purchase price was.

Some people are happy to break even or get slightly higher than what they have into it. It's not always about a race to the top to get the most ridiculous price you think you can get. That's just being greedy.

If a buyer and seller can agree on a price that they are both happy with, then there's nothing wrong or laughable about that.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You may have missed it but I made clear my $1500 was because I wanted to influence Matt that he shuodl clean it up and keep it.
My realistic assesment is spot on. $12-1300 is fair based on the good bones and minor issues.
$700 is still laughable and pretty sure Matt would keep it and clean it up himself rather than bite on that offer.

I'll offer $1 Bob.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That sounds like a single sale to me? Guy picked it up in a pair deal and flipped it to you to get his SS for a bit cheaper.
You also live in BFE where pins are much cheaper when they pop up (just my experience)

Boy, you are a stubborn son of a bitch aren't you?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why is it laughable?

It is laughable because others have already offered more for it. As in, I am laughing at you thinking you will get it for $700.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's just being greedy.

selling for the market rate is not being greedy and the market has clearly spoken that 700 is low. Bummer for you.

#82 7 years ago

I'm no expert on the title,41df1524bd6f8f622b76972313e9b0d3abd25510 (resized).jpg41df1524bd6f8f622b76972313e9b0d3abd25510 (resized).jpg but I did stay at a holiday inn express once.

Pricepoint can variey. If you can get a players for 7-800 consider yourself fortunate. The ones that float around here have not sold for less than 1K in the last 3 years as far as I have seen. The cleveland show in 2015 saw one sell at 1200. I know because I missed it.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Boy, you are a stubborn son of a bitch aren't you?

if you cant tell, I am just having some fun in this thread.

I do appreciate the personal attack. Will be interesting to see if it gets moderated or not...

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm no expert on the title, but I did stay at a holiday inn express once.
Pricepoint can variey. If you can get a players for 7-800 consider yourself fortunate. The ones that float around here have not sold for less than 1K in the last 3 years as far as I have seen. The cleveland show in 2015 saw one sell at 1200. I know because I missed it.

that picture is great!

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if you cant tell, I am just having some fun in this thread.
I do appreciate the personal attack. Will be interesting to see if it gets moderated or not...

Maybe. But since you seem to reply faster than you can read I'll reiterate. The Atlantis was listed ON IT'S OWN for $800 by the original seller. No, pins aren't any cheaper here than most other places. Here's a sample.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&sid=74268&cat=&search=pinball&zip=&distance=&min_price=&max_price=&type=&category=&subcat=&sold=&city=&addisplay=&userid=&markettype=sale&adsstate=&nocache=1&o_facetSelected=&o_facetKey=&o_facetVal=&viewSelect=list&viewNumResults=12&sort=1

And Salt Lake City isn't "BFE" by any stretch.

#86 7 years ago

Guys - I'm truly honored to be part of such a long Pinside Thread! We all love this hobby and love pins, but sometimes the money aspect of it can really sour the whole thing. I really try hard not let the financial part of this hobby ruin it. We all know it's expensive - games, parts etc to make these things as perfect as we'd want them. We all want a deal. It's just a pinball machine at the end of the day! We all hopefully still have loving familes, friends, pets, careers we love, work we do for others and hopefully we are all doing our part to help our fellow man, especially those in need. I'll step my pulpit now.

Okay - Atlantis. I had to drive 8 hours round trip to get this game (and two others) as part of a trade/fix up (it's a long story) - The other two games (Two Old Bally's) along with this one did not work. This game had been stored for quite a while. Power Board was bad, so sent it out (another pinsider fixed for me) and all rebuilt. I've been working on it now for a couple of weeks on and off. The game is in very nice shape overall, but does need more time to make it pretty.

As much as I would love to keep this, I'm truly about out of room (and time) and I've got lots of other projects. I'm up to almost 40 games now LOL. I could store it and drag it out later as well, so I don't *have* to sell it, and of course I can always find room. So, yes I could shop it, shine and it make it super pretty and then throw it up on CL for an inflated silly price. The reason I posted on here and haven't done that yet is I figured whomever buys it (collector, I'm assuming) will likely just take the whole thing a part and go through it and do it the way they want - LED's, rubbers, wax etc etc.

What's the thing worth? As my friend Scott always says - "Whatever someone is willing to pay for it." =)

If you have interest, PM message me and we can go from there, alternatively I can put it up on the marketplace if that's more in line with the rules on Pinside. I won't be going to expo, but I'm about 2.5 hours away and we might be able to figure out something with the help of a fellow pinsider. There are lots of good people on here and so many have helped me out a great deal as well, and I'm grateful!

- Matt

#87 7 years ago

when I made mine, I paid, $700 for one, $300 for the other to get one nice one together from the two. One had an unfaded cabinet which is very rare on this game. It wasn't until I restored mine and took it to shows, that people even gave a shit about this game.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

There are lots of good people on here and so many have helped me out a great deal as well, and I'm grateful!

Well said Matt.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It wasn't until I restored mine and took it to shows, that people even gave a shit about this game.

Not true, never saw yours and just happened upon this game at papa 5 or 6 years ago. Have given many shits from that point on. Just all of the 5-600 ones were 12 or so hours away. Appears I missed the boat there.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Not true, never saw yours and just happened upon this game at papa 5 or 6 years ago. Have given many shits from that point on. Just all of the 5-600 ones were 12 or so hours away. Appears I missed the boat there.

I found it at papa like 5 or 6 years ago as well. Played it purely on accident. Because there was a credit on it. Stopped played it. Couldn't figure out where the beeping was coming from. Won a match. Played again. Still couldn't figure out what the hell the beeping ment. Won a free game from points. Started to figure out the drops causes the beeping and figured out they are timed. Then I was intrigued to want to get all the prizes from the drops. Then I was hooked.

i'm just saying the pin demand on prices had a lot to do with my restoration. Before that. I had 10 offers to sell me one for $750 ish. After i won best in show at MGC and MPE, then I saw a flood of WTB ads and prices started creep up.

#91 7 years ago

Since this is still alive. Prices are interesting things and very subjective. I think op should update on what happened with this.

4 months later
#92 7 years ago

First of all, Bally Atlantis is a great game. It looks great and it is genuinely fun to play.

When I have people over, the Atlantis seems to get the most play of my pins.

Regarding price, there's always somebody buying a game for some super low price and always somebody paying way too much.

That means nothing.

If you were selling a nice Atlantis, there's no way you'd put it on craigslist and sell it for $800. Give me a break.

#93 7 years ago

I'd buy an Atlantis unshopped at $800-1000 all day... great game

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

First of all, Bally Atlantis is a great game. It looks great and it is genuinely fun to play.

Dolphinately.

I'd played 2 or 3 of them before I got mine, and I was concerned that it was going to be too easy. I put lightning flippers on mine, and replaced the outlane star posts/rubber with thin plastic posts. Its probably overkill, and ball times are pretty low now, but I'm OK with that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-what-to-do-with-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.