• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Mistermoberg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Hey there.

Issue with the ball kicker immediately where a ball drains. It constantly fires. Obviously can’t play a game like that. Looked at the switch, it seems fine. Wiring is nice and tight. What would typically cause this?

Thanks,

Eric

#2 7 months ago

For me, I think it would have to be the switch.

#3 7 months ago

With the game off. Clip/disconnect one of the wires going to the switch (make sure the clipped end is taped and doesn't contact any high voltage). See if the coil keeps firing. If that stops it more than likely it is the switch. You can verify it with an OHM meter. If that doesn't do it disconnect the switch wiring harness to the mpu. if it continues to fire your problem is likely on the board. Good luck.

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from Mistermoberg:

Hey there.
Issue with the ball kicker immediately where a ball drains. It constantly fires. Obviously can’t play a game like that. Looked at the switch, it seems fine. Wiring is nice and tight. What would typically cause this?

Do you mean that when you turn the machine on without a ball sitting there it fires? If it fires and re-fires, it's the switch or something related to it - if it fires and stays locked on, it's likely something with a driver transistor for the outhole coil.

If you mean it continuously fires after it activates, moving the ball over, but then continuously firing, it's likely a switch adjustment.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Do you mean that when you turn the machine on without a ball sitting there it fires? If it fires and re-fires, it's the switch or something related to it - if it fires and stays locked on, it's likely something with a driver transistor for the outhole coil.
If you mean it continuously fires after it activates, moving the ball over, but then continuously firing, it's likely a switch adjustment.

It continuously fires with the game being turned on. It can stop for a moment or two, but then continues. Should I replace the switch and see how that works?

#6 7 months ago

Go into switch test and see if the switch reports as being stuck. Stick a piece of paper between the leafs to see if it stops.

#7 7 months ago

Doesn't the 6803 system show closed switches at startup or upon entering test mode for 3 cycles?

#8 7 months ago

Update - resolved.

My Atlantis is a prototype - under playfield is wired very poorly with little organization. There were a couple wires associated with that switch that were actually touching down the line - EEK! Luckily no damage as far as I can tell, wrapped them well in electrical tape.

Thanks for the input everyone - it took me a while to find as it was an unexpected issue.

Peace & Love,

Möbe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 137.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Charles Town, WV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 38.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside