2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by irobot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

The LED Numeric Score displays are all flickering. You can read the displays, but they're flickering noticeably.

Never had this problem before.

Any ideas what it wrong?

Thanks.

I'm referring to the LED displays in the photo, not LED light bulbs.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 2 years ago

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #3 2 years ago

irobot, all my Atlantis score displays just started flickering to!

After researching Pinside threads, Ray's Tech Tips, diagnostics, cleaning, checking for cold solder connections etc. and finding nothing obviously wrong, I'm thinking the displays are just old originals, likely degassing and needing replacement.

The only thing I noticed was a bit of blackening (oxidation) on the left side first digit and a bit on the right side last digit. According to Ray that is a sign of degassing and so to just bite the bullet and order new Led displays. This makes sense to me, as even if that is not the problem, I will likely need to replace the displays at some point anyways (my Atlantis is a keeper). He mentions not to buy and install old used ones as the problem will likely display itself again!

Hope that helps.

1 month later
    #4 2 years ago

Thanks

My Atlantis is a keeper too.

It's such a fun game considering how simple it is.

very "zippy"

#5 2 years ago

wait a second...

if the LEDs are failing, why would they all start flickering at the same time?

they can't all have failed at once

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-score-display-gizmo-is-flickering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.