IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizard_mode.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#541 6 years ago

Hey all, fun group! Just became a member this weekend! Here she is. Spent the weekend shaking out a ramp microswitch wire that rattled loose on the drive back with the machine. Now it seems to be playing 100% except for some insert lights that will not light. The weird thing is that some of them flash in attract mode. One example is the left outlane special light which does not light in test mode, but it does light in attract mode but when the orange flashers are flashing (not when the inserts are flashing like it is supposed to be). Realy weird. Anyways, very happy to be a member. This game is awesome!

output (resized).jpgoutput (resized).jpg

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Congrats. is an awesome game. For your weird lamp problem, this is what I'm thinking. The lamps are arranged in a biphase circuit that allows one set of circuitry to control 2 lamps. In the event that you see a lamp not working in test mode, it's possible that you see it turn on in attract mode because it's partner elsewhere is turning on attract mode. When you look at the controlled lamps, pay particular attention to brightness between lamps - if any are a little brighter than the others, that's a clue. In the single lamp test, make sure the proper lamp is coming on for each single lamp assignment. Great info on troubleshooting the biphase lamp circuit on pages 4-3 to 4-8 in the manual. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! I will go through the manual procedure as you recommend. "Tough Dog" lamp issues. Lol!

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I finally got around to and finished my restoration this spring.Anyone at the Ohio show got to play the finished product.

That looks absolutely unreal! Nice work! Did you put new cabinet decals?

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Yes , new cab decals.

Awesome, I will have to keep an eye out for those. At some point, I would like to redo my PF and cabinet.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

Just got mine up and running. I have a couple of questions. The ball saver seems to be up most of the time. Is this correct? Also, when the ball lands in the up kicker for the right ramp/rail.. it sits there for almost a minute before it fires. Its almost like the ramp tries to reset... I dont know what the expected behavior is.

Have you tried a switch test to make sure your switch for the up-kicker/saucer registers? As far as the ball saver drain plug, mine is up and down with game play. Could be another switch issue...

#550 6 years ago

figured out my main insert lighting issue. the connector was connected to the wrong header location on the board. love easy fixes! now i just have a few bulbs out but at least the correct ones are trying to light now!

20170503_220331 (resized).jpg20170503_220331 (resized).jpg

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. Classic work from the previous owner
Glad you recued it and appears to be very solid!

Yes for the price, it was a good acquisition. Thanks again for the guidance on that @whysnow!

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

It looks like John has them listed on his Ebay page though. Is the ROM file on IPDB the latest (Rev. 3) version? I have Rev. 2 as well and would like to upgrade.
ebay.com link

Late reply, but, yes; it looks like the ROMs from IPDB are rev3 as shown below:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I can verify this. John burned the IPDB file and sent me a copy to test. It was the latest Rev.

Thx, what kind of chips were they? Any idea? My friend has a ROM burner so we are trying to figure out what kind of chip is needed if we try to burn them on our own. The manual shows this:

Game U2 U3 Jumpers
Atlantis 2006-12601-0000 2006-12602-0000 2, 4, 6, 9, 10

But, those numbers do not look familiar. Are these 27xx EPROM chips?

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. Classic work from the previous owner
Glad you recued it and appears to be very solid!

Ok I fixed the rest of the inserts that were not turning on! yay!!! Ended up being 2 fried transistors at q42 and q62. boo yah! flipper rebuild is next but this baby is already playing great!!!

2 weeks later
#558 6 years ago

Hi all, I am not receiving the extra ball award when hitting the lit VUK. Instead, I am getting awarded 75,000 points. I assume there is a setting somewhere but it is not clear when going through the menus or manual. Please help?

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Try Game setup/levels or Game setup/special. These two can be set for REPLAY, XBALL, POINTS or NOTHING. See if one of those needs to be set to XBALL. That's all I can see in the manual.

Ok I will try this. I know I set them both to "points" but I thought this would not impact the xball function in the VUK during normal gameplay. I bet this is it. Thx for the suggestion. I will report back...

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Ok I will try this. I know I set them both to "points" but I thought this would not impact the xball function in the VUK during normal gameplay. I bet this is it. Thx for the suggestion. I will report back...

Nope, no luck...

#562 6 years ago

I have the machine set to xx-hard in the game settings menu. I found this highlighted note in the manual. I think the "popper" is the VUK, right? Maybe this means I have to get the VUK value by hitting the A and B rollover switches up to >35k before I can be awarded the xtra ball?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

7 months later
#575 6 years ago

Anyone know the different between ROM v2 and V3? Worth upgrading?

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Are you in any position to dump the V2 ROM that you have so we can document and preserve it?

Maybe I should try since it seems like these changes are not documented anywhere. These reason I would like to upgrade is because everytime I play the game the first ball is automatically locked even though I have the settings set to hard and I get MB just about every time I play. I was hoping maybe the learning mode was dialed in a little bit better between rev2 and rev3 game ROM. Anyone else see what I am seeing where the first ball lock is always lit (ramp down) when launching ball one, even though MB is just about always achieved???

5 months later
#631 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still stretching,... some before/ after pics.

Wow looks awesome! Where did you get the cab decals???

2 months later
#657 5 years ago

Re: building the jackpot, I have been paying particularly close attention while playing lately. I have noticed that *sometimes* a saucer shot will increase the jackpot. I tried counting how many times you have to hit it to increment the jackpot. I got to 11 the last time I played and nothing. I refuse to increment by hand at this point since I am trying to beat a GC that a buddy put up and I do not want to give him any reason to contest it WHEN I do so. Seems like the number of saucer hits carries over game to game since I got it off the ball 1 plunge on a new game yesterday...

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Anyone is in possesion of that goregous prototype plastics abouve the pop bumpers? I want to reproduce it!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
And there is an additional lane a bit down the right Pop Bumper. The game doesn't have this but my playfield protector has a hole for it: WTF?!
So they had that protoype when they made the playfield protector?!

That plastic looks interesting but I am not seeing the extra lane you mention. Any chance you could take a pic of the area where the protector is cut out to give a better idea of where you are referring to on the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizard_mode.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome?tu=wizard_mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.