IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danczaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 9 years ago

Joined the club as an owner today

#187 9 years ago

Ok shape... Super dirty on inside kind of like some photos in here... I cleaned a lot of the dirtiness off in this photo..,got to figure out about that duct tape on ramp...

image-315.jpgimage-315.jpg

#189 9 years ago

I noticed the chrome grill needed fixing up top but I didn't even notice side rails til I got home... Not sure how I missed it.... The ramp with duct tape bothers me... It is still functional but need to review.

#191 9 years ago

And the ramp that goes up and down... Any leads? Hopefully I can take apart tonight and see if it is just that piece or whole assembly cracked.

#193 9 years ago

Funny you offer because I might be driving up to fond du lac Saturday morning to visit some family and come back Sunday... Are u available Saturday??? Thanks! Dan

#194 9 years ago

And you were right... Ramp looked like it cracked off a little too but it could be covered by springsteel flap.

image-575.jpgimage-575.jpg
image-80.jpgimage-80.jpg

#196 9 years ago

Love duct tape residue!!!! Got the main ramp in ultrasonic cleaner ( half at a time )... Got duct tape off main ramp... I'll focus on ramp that goes up and down tomorrow.

image-166.jpgimage-166.jpg
image-380.jpgimage-380.jpg

#197 9 years ago

I lucked out on battery... It was ready to go...
image-829.jpgimage-829.jpgimage-303.jpgimage-303.jpgimage-774.jpgimage-774.jpg

#198 9 years ago

What is this bolt for in the ramp??

image-670.jpgimage-670.jpg
#200 9 years ago

Under ramp area wasn't too bad.. Always afraid of those hidden areas...
image-793.jpgimage-793.jpg

#201 9 years ago

So everything seems to be working except... The red light when you get into multiball mode... Have not looked into this at all but is there a fuse just for this GI??

#205 9 years ago

Did anyone change out flashers behind tram slight for LED. If so, colors please...

image-507.jpgimage-507.jpg
image-278.jpgimage-278.jpg

#209 9 years ago

I assume there should be a connector and those green wires should not go directly to board?

#211 9 years ago

I guess to rephrase my question. It came from the factory with a connector instead of being soldered directly to board.

#215 9 years ago

Big Thanks to CaptainNeo!!! Ramp is fixed! I saw/played his Atlantis and it was super sweet!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#216 9 years ago

Got a little work done... Need to clean and get her back together...
image.jpgimage.jpg

#218 9 years ago

Best part of tearing this down was the screw that broke for one of the posts by the drop targets. T-nut had come loose and of course this was like the one T-nut that was buried under that molded piece of plastic for one of the pop bumpers. What a pain in the ass.. Luckily those two holes by the pops where earlier versions had posts and a rubber were not used on my playfield but they had T-nuts in them so I don't have to go get a 10 cent T-nut.

#220 9 years ago

Could someone take a photo of the wiring of the relay I have screwed up in the above photo... Does it match the one on the left in terms of spacing (open positions). Maybe you could list wire colors from left to right too. Thanks All !!! Got a LED finally in every PF GI. Time to get her back together.

#222 9 years ago

Thanks!

One question... If you see my photo above; the right relay is the one that is hacked up. My red lights do not work. I thought the hack was probably why they did not work. You labelled the right really "white" and the left relay "red"... Were you sure on that ? Just ask b/c that means I have another problem causing red lights not to work.

Thanks
Dan

#224 9 years ago

And here was my progress from last night...
image.jpgimage.jpg

#225 9 years ago

Ahh.. So you drawing is a top down view like if a playfield was upside sitting in a rotisserie. Gotcha! Thanks
Dan

#229 9 years ago

Got her back together! Wow this plays fast! Atlantis rocks! Still need to do dome work but playfield has been cleaned up and LED'd. Still have to LED out under playfield and figure out the red light and add batteries.. I don't see this game going anywhere anytime soon!!!

#232 9 years ago

Wanted to look at my relays again.

The pictures are with the playfield standing vertical in the game.

The right relay-white (the one that is hacked up) looks like this. ( not these photos are not up side down)
image-716.jpgimage-716.jpg

The left relay - red ( not hacked ) looks like this and from photo actually looks wired correctly.
image-361.jpgimage-361.jpg

#233 9 years ago

So the white GI works perfect but looks like the two green-white wires are in position 4-5 instead of 6-7

#234 9 years ago

Are the relay boards upside down compared to others?
image-799.jpgimage-799.jpg

#236 9 years ago

Alright I see why you said my photo was upside down now.. So my new question is if the 2 wires (white/ green) are in the wrong position is this why the red lights do not work? Is there two GI fuses that control just the above playfield lights? Just seems funky that the hacked relay for white lights is working ok and the relay for the red lights which looks untouched has issues...

#240 9 years ago

Thanks Wayout... I have not had much time to look at relays.. Have been trying to get a game plan.. I think I'll try what you said above first. I think I am going to flip then around as well to match your orientation. I do not think they will reach (blue/green) with that orientation. I did fool around with test mode last night to find the red lamps so I know what to do.

I finish last night with the under playfields LED's. Game looks awesome. Fun game. Very satisfying when you lock three balls and hit the jackpot!!!

Happy Friday Atlantis Club!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!

Dan

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

First verify you are getting the trigger signal for the lamps from the mainboard. The yel/blk wire at J2 is the trigger for the white lamps, the blue/green is for the red. Swap them and run test mode. Remember now that when the red are supposed to turn on, instead the white lamps will turn on.
Have you pulled off the relay board to inspect both sides? There might be cracked header pins, or something else, on the non working board.

So... Interesting day...
1- had family over and they like to play my pins. This morning the right slingshot was doing like a double/rapid fire. I figured it just needed to be adjusted because of new rubbers and. The switch was too close together. Did that. It worked. Played 20 games and it was fine... Family comes over. First game we play it stops working. Put it in test mode and it doesn't fire either... Arghhhh

2- while family was over they kept playing even though right slingshot doesn't work. I get a "hey dan" the ball fell through the playfield and into the back box.. Ummmm??? Impossible... Guess not... Never saw that the plunger cover had one of the two tabs on either side of plunger tip broken off. So if you plunged a ball and does not go through gate and comes back and I guess maybe you pull plunger or for some reason still have it pulled out the ball can fall through... Gotta find a new plunger cover...

3- next post below

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

First verify you are getting the trigger signal for the lamps from the mainboard. The yel/blk wire at J2 is the trigger for the white lamps, the blue/green is for the red. Swap them and run test mode. Remember now that when the red are supposed to turn on, instead the white lamps will turn on.
Have you pulled off the relay board to inspect both sides? There might be cracked header pins, or something else, on the non working board.

3- cont... So I turned the relays 180 degrees... Here is back of white relay...

image-920.jpgimage-920.jpg

"wayout" I swapped wires at J2 on relay boards and no luck. I de soldered the hack on white relay board and matched them to your drawing... Now nothing worked.... I looked at your photo and I think your green/white wires are at 4 and 5 not 6 and 7 like drawing.... So I re-hacked to board and got white working again... I tried to move red wires to 4 and 5... No luck... Now I took 4 and 5 out on red and put one wire into 7... Boom right side of PF red works!!!! But if I put wire back into 6 then nothing works....?????

Ok that's my story for today...

#253 9 years ago

So pinball 101... Always trust that the hack is working/correct and something else is screwed up!!!!
image-614.jpgimage-614.jpg

#254 9 years ago

Found the gremlin... I had done a once over a few days ago and must have slipped my eye
image-558.jpgimage-558.jpg
image-76.jpgimage-76.jpg
image-534.jpgimage-534.jpg

#255 9 years ago

So I now have every light/lamp working except the 5x multiplier up top... Here is still to do list...

- wtf happened to my right sling shot... Does not work in coil test mode.

- need a new battery

- bullet proof- recap boards??? I have only worked on WMS system 3-7 boards. Probably followed vids guide on these 10-15 times with great success... Is there something I should be doing to bulletproof?

Thanks
Dan

#257 9 years ago

I'll check the coil the hopefully tomorrow might... I forgot that I had bought a NVRAM battery eliminator. I had to snap a few pieces of plastic off the plastic socket to get it to fit but it seems to work. (Stayed in free play 20 minutes later)

#258 9 years ago

Also anyone have one of the shooter cover/apron.. Can I buy anywhere? See the broken tab... Yes that's the spot ball can fall through into cabinet...
image-178.jpgimage-178.jpg
image-131.jpgimage-131.jpg

#261 9 years ago

I can probably rig something up temporarily... Was just hoping someone on this thread might have one. I haven't looked at other games from this era from Bally to see if this was unique or shared over several games...

#263 9 years ago

So I can use a little help getting slingshot going. I bought a Atlantis manual on eBay today. That should help because I can not read the photo copied original in my game. (Schematics are blurry)

image-855.jpgimage-855.jpg

Coil does not fire in test mode. Measured resistance on both slings and they are the same.

What's up with the three transistors here. From what I can make out one of these are for sling.

image-714.jpgimage-714.jpg

#265 9 years ago

I couldn't see in game where Q18 was and couldn't make out on manual. Think it is very bottom one.. Not sure where q17 is... I have not had to use a multimeter very often. Could you please elaborate on how to check these. I really did a lot of shot gunning on my WMS because there was so much info out there on what was wrong most of the time.

#267 9 years ago

No problem. I am work as well.. I can see we are both very good multitaskers... I usually do not have time on weekdays to look at pins until late at night anyways.

#270 9 years ago

Houston we have a problem... Ahhhh... so I grounded wire and touched transistor for left sling.. Boom she fired. I touched a random one accidentally as I brought wire down to try to touch transistor for right sling and it fired too. Touched transistor for right sling and nothing.

BUT now the right sling, left sling and popper for right ramp do not work... AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Need help

Were those heat sinks suppose to be on there.

Thanks
Dan

#272 9 years ago

I can check tomorrow night but I've been playing the game still without right sling working and it was playing fine...

#273 9 years ago

Also had just gone through test mode to check all coils before I started and all were fine...

#275 9 years ago

No those three don't work now in test mode and they won't fire when grounded.

#277 9 years ago

Did yours have those heat sinks like fine in photo? Was the third heats ink transistor on my board the popper? I can't read my blurry schematic

#280 9 years ago

Ok... Just blew a fuse under playfield and that's why those 2 solenoids did not work. Those two are working again. Still can not ground transistor to get her to fire but firing circuit check seems to be same on right slims and left sling.. Going to investigate some more...

I do not see in manual what the three playfield fuses are called out to be... Anyone.

Thanks
Dan

#281 9 years ago

Alright I think I found culprit... I momentarily jumper that burned out resistor and the right sling fired... Think this is culprit?

image-110.jpgimage-110.jpg

#282 9 years ago

Think that is r168 but can't make out

#284 9 years ago

Just to confirm for this weekend...

330 ohm resistor is third component from bottom in that row of diodes and transistors. Also while it's out I should pull that heat sink transistor and add a tip 102

Thanks
Dan

#285 9 years ago

I read you post wrong... Got the 330 resistor on order... Hopefully that does the trick...

Could someone tell me the the amps of the fuses under the playfield.

Thanks
Dan

#287 9 years ago

Why would that resistor burn up?

1 week later
#294 9 years ago

Yup... I PM that to someone who wanted mine... Interested to see what it goes for... Also got my goodie bag from GPE.. Hopefully this week I'll pull board and put new resistor in and she be perfect...

#296 9 years ago

At $669... Guesses any one on what she goes for???

I'll say $1111

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

This Atlantis is in very good shape, the playfield is very nice!

So what's your guess at eBay auction price?

#308 9 years ago

On eBay in Ohio and currently at like 669

#309 9 years ago

Well that 330 ohm resistor literally went up in smoke in 3 seconds... Hmmm

#311 9 years ago

So I didn't put in a tip 102 for that heat dunked transistor. My sling switch is not closed. I did not cut a leg of diode to measure put resistance across that sling matched that of other sling... So looking for next step here.. Thanks dan

#312 9 years ago

Would a bad slingshot coil diode cause that 330 ohm resistor to burn up in 3 seconds

#314 9 years ago

neo- 7.5 ohms.. So if I disconnect the single wire on the one lug then Turn on; if it's a bad diode the resistor should be fine.. If it still burns up then what am I looking at?

#317 9 years ago

It's a keeper for sure

image.jpgimage.jpg
#320 9 years ago

Welcome to the club!!! Awesome pin!

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

then it's something on the board, because the coil is out of the loop. Another way would be to unplug the plug for the solenoids. That takes them out of circuit. 7.5 is good for that coil, but can read good and short out under load. You have to be having high voltage going through that line to blow that resistor like that. Check for shorts in that circuit on the board, on the backside. Make sure nothing is jumpered half ass.

I pulled the connector at CJ9 on control board and no smoke at that resistor... Removed one wire and put back in CJ9... No smoke. Gonna replace diode

image-968.jpgimage-968.jpg

#322 9 years ago

Pulled diode... Tests fine.

Check resistance across coil... Fine

????

Ideas?

Thanks
Dan

#325 9 years ago

Going to replace the driver transistor tonight... Let's take it from there

#327 9 years ago

And for the second time... Everything works on Atlantis!!!! Just amazes you sometimes that all the work I did to tear down top side of playfield and then LED everything under playfield then game played 15 games and then the transistor blew for the sling. You would think it was playfield related after all that work you did...

Happy, Happy

Dan

#330 9 years ago

One of the transistor legs was cracked if that helps..,

#333 9 years ago

Once I got the transistor out I could not get a good reading. I believe the leg was cracked. When I bent it to cut the legs one leg may have already been broken just under the base of transistor.

#335 9 years ago

All done last night... She plays perfect!!!

#337 9 years ago

Also, If anyone runs across a plunger cover please let me know!

Thanks
Dan

2 months later
#342 9 years ago

FYI this plunger cover works in game... Finally my balls won't dissappear

image-172.jpgimage-172.jpgimage-399.jpgimage-399.jpgimage-183.jpgimage-183.jpg

#344 9 years ago

Congrats! Did rebuild mine since they worked well so I'll let someone else chime in... Share some photos..

#353 9 years ago

Tommy... Look at my old posts. It ain't a fuse

#356 9 years ago

My was hacked up and works... U might be able to do something temporarily

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Nisan:

1. How does one access the bulbs under the playfield inserts? The sockets are soldered in, and the inserts are under the mylar so they don't pop out. So I am baffled as to how one pulls the bulbs - I have a few dead ones.

1st welcome to the club... Do you lift the playfield up so you can access underneath??? It's hinged...

Dan

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Nisan:

Sorry I sounded like a newbie, but yes I have extensively worked on the pin - top and bottom of the play field, and everywhere else. As I mentioned, the lamp socket below the insert is soldered to the ground wire stapled to the underside of the pf, and the socket is rigid up against the underside of the insert. The manual has no info on how to replace the bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Which insert... I'll look at mine for you and take a photo... I replaced every bulb with a LED and I remember a few being a pain in ass but no major issues...

#381 9 years ago

Someone took her at $700... Wonder if it was a pinsider... We'll have to wait and see!

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I planned on putting in an aftermarket sub so it didn't bother me. I just didn't want people who didn't notice bidding me up. I'm in da club now baby!

welcome to the club!!!

I had a feeling someone might jump at $700!!! Well worth it in my opinion!!!

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can someone confirm what is the correct drop target for bally Atlantis?
I think this is it but not sure?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3944-BL
I would prefer to order from marco since I also need the new decal set and they seem to be the only ones with it

Hilton did you get an Atlantis??? Can I take you off the list if I ever sell it? (Not going anywhere anytime soon)

image-54.jpgimage-54.jpg

#396 9 years ago

Sounds good... Your still 1/1 on list but no plans to get rid of her... If you get a chance throw some photos up so we can see what you are working with...

#402 9 years ago

Looks cool Neo! You going to make me one! LOL.. J/K

#414 9 years ago

Just wish I realized all the sockets were 555's on this game before I ordered a whole mess of LEDs

DSCF1361.JPG 269 KB

No comment if I made this mistake....

Glad you found sub... Have fun with GI... That seems to be a common theme on this pin...

1 week later
#422 9 years ago

I'll take a look now for you..

#423 9 years ago

Orange wire?

image-690.jpgimage-690.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#424 9 years ago

And I never saw a ground braid... Quick examination and I found the ground braid... Unhooked like yours... I'd like to see what others say because I don't see a wing it either..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#436 9 years ago

I'll be back later tonight... If no one posts a photo I'll get it for you...

#449 9 years ago

Yes thanks as well... I never even saw that ground wire since it was never attached when I bought game!

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am completely stumped on my complete lack of GI issue.
Hoping I am convince one of the locals with more diagmosing knowledge than I to come over and led a hand while teaching me a few things.

Look back at my posts.. My red GI was out it was a simple short that took me forever to track down...

1 month later
#485 9 years ago

Neo where did you get the model?

7 months later
#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats. GREAT game!!! Classic fun and the right amount of challenge.
I have asked my wife to dress up as one of the backglass chicks for halloween some year.

Make sure she does not try and get away with not riding a dolphin

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was thinking I would dress up as the dolpin

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

2 weeks later
#513 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Why wait til halloween?

article-2739730-20F71AAC00000578-284_634x423.jpg

My periscope is rising...

6 years later
#810 1 year ago

Has anyone installed cabinet decals. If so from who? Classic Arcades? Pinball decals EU? Any feedback?

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I can attest the decals are nice and hold up since I'm the caretaker of that pin until death.

thank you!

1 month later
#824 1 year ago

I’m all in! Bought and picked up and NOS PF with additional Clearcoating…Stay Tunes

8E7DE57D-797D-4F7E-B46F-0F91B6931BD5 (resized).jpeg8E7DE57D-797D-4F7E-B46F-0F91B6931BD5 (resized).jpeg9E94E39F-D54A-44D5-89E7-3421EC550D41 (resized).jpeg9E94E39F-D54A-44D5-89E7-3421EC550D41 (resized).jpegFCCBEA05-47B2-48BE-9973-B176E1DC7CA3 (resized).jpegFCCBEA05-47B2-48BE-9973-B176E1DC7CA3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danczaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome?tu=danczaz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.