IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#378 9 years ago

Does anyone have a playfield for sale? NOS, old but restorable, or something in between is fine.

I am interested.

#384 9 years ago

Can someone confirm what is the correct drop target for bally Atlantis?

I think this is it but not sure?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3944-BL

I would prefer to order from marco since I also need the new decal set and they seem to be the only ones with it

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That's the target. Decals have the seahorse on them.
Model i'm using is a new Nautilus model that came out with a giant squid stand. But the sub and stand are separate. Sub has clear windows in it as well which will be nice to light up.

can we get a link to the see/purchase please

#395 9 years ago

Don't take me off this list just yet... I picked one up but it is going to take some work to bring it back to life. (Yet another project I have taken on with 1 too many projects already). With a little luck and some time I will bring it back to life.

#398 9 years ago

no, I meant a link for your sweet new submarine.

#406 9 years ago

pretty sweet!

#411 9 years ago

looks great! gonna look even better when done!

1 week later
#415 9 years ago

trying to decide between orange or yellow flippers

Thinking yellow with Red bands will look best.

PB281097.JPGPB281097.JPG

#418 9 years ago

Can I get some assistance from an owner please.

1. Where does this ground braid connect to?

Specifically where is it supposed to attach? I am use to there being a post in the bottom of the backbox with a wingnut to attache it to or on other games on the back of a backbox speaker post. However I do not see anything on this game and the speakers are in the top of the head and the lead is too short.

PB291133.JPGPB291133.JPG

#419 9 years ago

2. I have an extra orange wire that is ziptied in with the bundle leading to connector J4 but not pushed into any location and it does not appear there is a spot for it?

I checked and all current wires in J4 are the correct colors (there is an orange already in pin 3). Looks like the loose orange was originally pushed in somewhere???

Any ideas?

Do you have an extra orange in this bundle also?

PB291134.JPGPB291134.JPG

#421 9 years ago

Thanks.

Anyone else?

I have spent 6 hrs today trying to track down a GI issue >> i.e. I have NO GI, either white or read. Also the lights in pop bumpers do not work either.

I have gone through everything I can and then found this non connected ground and the stray orange wire. Wondering if the ground is the issue?

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

Your orange wire is slotted like if it was in a connector? I check for you the wire and ground.

the loose orange wire is slotted as iff it were in a connetor at one point. It is a smaller gauge wire like al the other switch wires. There is also not much extra length so I am assuming it goes somewhere in the immediate area. (not to J1 as those are thicker wires and too far away based on length available).

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

I found your ground it connect with other ground in bottom of backbox rear right display, i will put a pics if you need later.

pics would be great. I still can't see to find it.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

And I never saw a ground braid... Quick examination and I found the ground braid... Unhooked like yours... I'd like to see what others say because I don't see a wing it either..

image.jpg 143 KB

very interesting

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Mine was doing the *exact* same thing and I didn't notice any disconnected wires. No bad fuses either. I was guessing it was related to the two relays mounted on the underside of the playfield. I didn't get to test much further though, because the machine I picked up had mold in the MDF and was making me sick. That is why it is folded up until I retheme it in the spring. But I'm inclined to believe if we have the same issue it is probably a common failure point and something that isn't on a lot of other machines. Which makes think "relays". I know its probably not the help you were looking for, but I figure I'd share in case it helped.

My Bbox lights are all working so I swapped relay with the white string below the pf and no good. My relays all appear fine.

#434 9 years ago

I tracked my loose orange wire all the way back the wire harness and it ends in the center lug of the microswitch on the ball trough (switch which registers for the trough kicker into shooter lane).

PB291137.JPGPB291137.JPG

#435 9 years ago

I am guessing that is not stock and some sort of hack (this game has had lots of oddball stuff).

If someone can check for me to see if you game is similar that would be appreciated.
I need to pull out the manual and see if it helps.

#438 9 years ago

loose orange wire is not stock.

From switch matrix, ball through 3 should only have black and white/violet (this is the yellow white comes off white/violet in the above picture) going to it.

Game was working fine (kicking out balls) before w/o the loose orange so I took it out.

I am guessing it was just another odd hack that is not needed.

Confirmation from someone else's game would still be nice.

Mainly would like to see where that ground braid is supposed to attach or if meant to be loose like in mine and dancazaz games are?

#439 9 years ago

side question, how do you progress the lights in the backbox from 1/2million to 4 million?

These lights work in all lamps and single lamp test modes but I can't figure out how to progress them in a game. Only 1/2 million will light up.

Edite: Answered my own question. The backbox lights on the right side (1/2 mil on up to 4 mil) are a carryover jackpot it appears. Each time you start multiball but do not collect the jackpot it grow and lights up another light.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

On mine this ground is connected with a screw in the bottom with other ground wire in the panel backbox.i put pics today.the ground is important.

Can you please post pics of this?

my loose ground braid with plastic cover comes from the base cabinet.
PB301138.JPGPB301138.JPG
PB301139.JPGPB301139.JPG

#443 9 years ago

The plastic cover makes me think it is to protect it as it goes into the backbox and connects somewhere.

I am guessing at one point a previous owner removed it because they took off the head and then forgot to put it back on.

#446 9 years ago

thanks Neo for confirming.

#448 9 years ago

perfect!

I really appreciate the visual confirmation!

I figured that is where it was suppose to go, but since no previous hole I was second guessing myself.
I always get nervous when dealing with things like a ground and often have found that even from the manufacturer things are not always as expected.

THANKS!

#450 9 years ago

I am completely stumped on my complete lack of GI issue.

Hoping I am convince one of the locals with more diagmosing knowledge than I to come over and led a hand while teaching me a few things.

#452 9 years ago

I seriously went through EVERYTHING tracing the GI issue and guess what...

KISS >> Keep It Simple Stupid.

Here was the culprit and the answer
Under pf on right hand side. Fuse buzzed out fine when in holder. Removed it and it would not buzz at all.

Sorry for the poor focus, but I think you can see the broken vertical in the fuse >>> just wanted to show how a fuse can buzz out when in circuit and look almost fine but still be bad upon further inspection.

PB301146.JPGPB301146.JPG

Also posted a photo of where on the pf (mid way on right side when pf raised) you can find this inline fuse.

PB301145.JPGPB301145.JPG

#453 9 years ago

My game is now alive. This was my project for the holiday weekend.
Full tear down of topside 100% and bottom ALL mechs torn apart, cleaned, resleeved, and put back together. New flipper rebuilds and upgraded to outside spring rather than conical one. Comet no-ghost frosted LEDs in entire game but flashers all standard

I had to replace LOTS of stuff and fix all sorts of hacks in this game. Lots of oddball stuff that a previous owner or 2 had done.

I was so frustrated until finally figuring out the GI issue. Just played my first game (and then 10 more). What a fun game > may need to put in smaller outlane posts? game is way to easy with the bigger flippers, barely any outlane, and up post to help out. FUN game but I will need to make some tweaks to make it tougher to my liking.

A few shots.

PB301142.JPGPB301142.JPG
PB301143.JPGPB301143.JPG
PB301144.JPGPB301144.JPG

Danczaz > I can be officially taken off your dibs

#454 9 years ago

In regards to the under pf fuse will someone check to see if it is supposed to be a 15amp 250v fast blow or a slow blow please?

My game had an 8amp sloblow which obviously was not correct.

Based on the fact that the power driver board has a 15amp FB at FU7 for the GI circuit I am assuming the under pf one is also supposed to be the same?

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

The GI has two 15A standard blow fuses, one on each leg of the power on the main power supply board. The feature lights have two 8A fuses, one on each leg of the power as well. The under the playfield fuses are for the solenoids - a 2A SB for the slings and pops, and a 1A SB for the other coils.

IMG_20141201_053815692.jpg 200 KB

I am not sure what 'standard blow" are? Does standard mean, fast or slow? Just want to make sure we are speaking the same language

What is this under pf fuse in the picture supposed to be? Sticker says 15amp but no idea if "slow" or "fast"/(standard?) is intended? Can I you check and shoot a pic for me please?

thanks in advance for anyone that can help out. Fuse is on right side of raised playfield about mid way down (you can see the edge of the pf pivot bracket for reference in my photo).
PB301145.JPGPB301145.JPG

#460 9 years ago

THANKS wayout!

much appreciated for both the info and the knowledge!

#462 9 years ago

I can't seem to find much info online, what is the most recent ROM version? Have there even been any updates?

#463 9 years ago

This game ROCKS!!!

Really enjoying it now that it is all cleaned up. Outlanes are definately very closed no matter what post setting so I may need to put in smaller posts instead of the big star posts? Anyone else feel this way?

#465 9 years ago

does your game also have star posts in the outlanes? see my photos a few posts up for reference.

Do you also have the standard longer/ ribbed flipper bats installed?

#467 9 years ago

ribbed are 1/8inch longer (for your pleasure) so that also obvioulsy impacts diffciulty.

#476 9 years ago

I like the ribbed ones much better just because it makes it different than the majority of other games and because that is the originallt intended design/geometry of the game.

I am sticking with ribbed.

BTW, cool video

1 month later
#495 9 years ago

very cool.

If anyone wants to sell a second of the one over the drops, I am your guy.

The rest of mine are currently nice.

6 months later
#503 8 years ago

congrats. GREAT game!!! Classic fun and the right amount of challenge.

I have asked my wife to dress up as one of the backglass chicks for halloween some year.

#505 8 years ago

I was thinking I would dress up as the dolpin

2 weeks later
#518 8 years ago

got any good pics of the shipping damage?

1 year later
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

figured out my main insert lighting issue. the connector was connected to the wrong header location on the board. love easy fixes! now i just have a few bulbs out but at least the correct ones are trying to light now!

Lol. Classic work from the previous owner

Glad you recued it and appears to be very solid!

3 weeks later
#563 6 years ago

that is correct

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.