IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ManyQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#685 4 years ago

Hi folks!

At long last...Atlantis, my first pin!

Thank You to all at Pinside for providing all the varied and helpful information I've been researching here over the past year and a half to make this happen.

From an early start as kid in the 1970's playing a well used Klondike in a busy KMart lobby to not being able to play too many 50 cent games of Black Hole at a University pub in the 1980's, I now have this great looking and playing machine in my living room/games room! Sure having fun with this pin, both playing and fixing it! These things are a tinkerer's dream!

9bb (resized).jpg9bb (resized).jpg
1 year later
#719 3 years ago

Hi Tallon, let me know if this helps.

Bally Atlantis Connectors 1 (resized).JPGBally Atlantis Connectors 1 (resized).JPGBally Atlantis Connectors 2 (resized).JPGBally Atlantis Connectors 2 (resized).JPG
#722 3 years ago

Good to hear, good luck with the MPU!

1 month later
#728 3 years ago

Sounds great and I would be interested in a set or two, especially if in different colours, aqua / teal / blue. Just a thought.

#731 3 years ago

It would be really interesting to see Atlantis with teal coloured ramps!

This pin, with its pleasing shades of aqua, is very amenable to colour enhancement. Over the last few years I've tinkered around with different coloured leds and posts etc. I'm still experimenting. Here's a few pics of blue and teal leds in the upper playfield for perspective. (The art blades made quite a difference, increasing the overall brightness and giving the playfield art a more near surface look).

1 - Atlantis blue Led's, no art blades (resized).jpg1 - Atlantis blue Led's, no art blades (resized).jpg2 Atlantis teal Leds with art blades (resized).jpg2 Atlantis teal Leds with art blades (resized).jpg
1 week later
#735 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Preview of the new Atlantis ramp!
[quoted image]

Nice work and looking forward to this! The teal colour looks sharp!

I would be interested in a couple complete sets, both clear and coloured, with all flanges and hardware, if possible.

(Sending a lift ramp over for fitting is a less desirable option for me due to shipping, waiting on customs, duty fees, machine down time and the deteriorating / frustrating 'courier service' that would be multiplied twice).

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from grantnel:

Just here to randomly post pics of our Atlantis. <3
Work done: All new rubbers, LED's, side blade art, added spotlights and trough light, added additional red lights for multi-ball mode as well as blue light inside submarine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting mods! Now I'm thinking about lighting up my sub!

(Btw: Watch out for art blade adherence! I lifted up the playfield then lowered it down and scrunched up both sides near the back. Fortunately straightened it out with no damage and fixed it with a little bit of mylar here and there.)

1 week later
#739 3 years ago

Awesome underrated pin that takes well to mods! My first pin too!
Took a little while but my sub is working very reliably now.

This whole sub area should be adjusted for optimum functioning:
- Initially, I was having similar problems then noticed that someone moved the forward ball gate post. I have since moved it back to the original location (like yours).
- Make sure ALL mounting hardware is tight and tweaked to just the right position. The two coil frame mounting screws loosen up over time and occasionally need tightening.
- Also a small rubber ring on the bare steel mini post helps.
- Included is a pic of an absolutely must have tool for Atlantis...bulb puller/placer!

Q 1- Coil sleeve flange faces aft on mine.
Try adjusting the coil frame mount by unloosening the two mounting screws and pushing the frame aft.

Q 2 - Hmm...Your gate wire may be facing the wrong way.
Try putting the washers below the gate frame instead of on top.
I have one thicker washer under the forward gate frame and none on the aft post.

Bulb remover (resized).JPGBulb remover (resized).JPGSub Gate 1 (resized).JPGSub Gate 1 (resized).JPGSub Gate 2 (resized).JPGSub Gate 2 (resized).JPGSub Gate 3 (resized).JPGSub Gate 3 (resized).JPG
#741 3 years ago

Great to hear that info is helping!

There's a lot going on in that sub area, what with the coil firing, coil sleeve, ramp exit, ball gate, switch, trough and posts all in about an inch and a half square...it's no wonder problems arise. Many an Atlantis has likely had crude fixes there when they were routed in the arcades.

- Also the wire bottom switch in front of the coil on my game has been bent numerous times in the past for same reasons as above. Adjusting that may help.
- I can't say for sure which is the correct position for the wire in the ball gate but mine works flawlessly and never needed adjustment. It seems there is just enough pressure to hold the ball in place but not so much to interfere with the coil when it fires. I'll guess and say that is how the factory intended it.

***Maybe other Atlantis owners can chime in on this to help form a consensus.***

- That little rubber ring on the metal post may not be factory but helps position the ball just right in the trough after the ball hits it. I tried a bigger ring and that didn't help.

The bulb pliers are awesome and sure save a guy from sore fingers, unnatural contortions and a whole lot of swearing!

Cheers

1 week later
#744 3 years ago

Cool sub! Love to hear the details on that!

#746 3 years ago

Your sub description sounds awesome!

This really needs to be done. The factory sub is flimsy and cracks easily. The bits of black duct tape holding my Atlantis navy together is just not in keeping with the otherwise sublime beauty of this game or the many hours I've put into refurbishing it. A sturdy, good looking and lighted sub would be most welcome.

Count me in on buying one if / when available!

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would also be interested in a sub.Atlantis is my wife's favorite game and has actually added a few mods on her own.

Cool to know what your wife's mods are!

What may get women interested in pinball need not be a mystery and can only help out with the cause.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

She added an octopus in the back right corner,a shark on the front pop bumber and the octopuses for a topper that over hang and look really cool imo she also affixed her trophies on top.i plan to get her some side blades for her birthday she's been eyeing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey great that your wife shows some fun and dedication to the cause! She will love the art blades and they really brighten up the playfield.

When my new girlfriend gets beyond the "You have how many games at your place now!?" and starts playing them...well I'll get more dedicated!

DSCF7121 (resized).JPGDSCF7121 (resized).JPG
#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Looks like you have a nice example too,I definitely need to order them side blades. Whats up with your pop bumper caps? They look cool.

Thanks! Really like this game, great player, what with the dual red - blue GI's, Williams sound board and flippers, Bally timed drop targets, outrageous lit pop up ball saver, Farrah Fawcett hair babes riding dolphins guarding a pile of underwater gold...Wow! Atlantis just begs for more than just a makeover!

My octopus pop bumper caps are from Fathom but in keeping with the dual red - blue GI I kept the bumper surrounds red and also installed blue bumper skirts. The upper playfield is lit with teal bendies and fades into blue led's midfield. I'm still experimenting and waiting for delivery of Jody's blue sub ramp but today installed new flipper mechs with clear green bats.

[Interesting to note the factory blue paint smudge on the playfield artwork, the right eye of the babe between the flippers! Kind of gives a little accidental edge to Her and the Machine! I like it!]

DSCF7371 (resized).JPGDSCF7371 (resized).JPGDSCF7374 (resized).JPGDSCF7374 (resized).JPGDSCF7378 (resized).JPGDSCF7378 (resized).JPGDSCF7382 (resized).JPGDSCF7382 (resized).JPGDSCF7388 (resized).JPGDSCF7388 (resized).JPGDSCF7392 (resized).JPGDSCF7392 (resized).JPGDSCF7410 (resized).JPGDSCF7410 (resized).JPGDSCF7414 (resized).JPGDSCF7414 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#762 3 years ago

Thank You to Blubboman for the awesome new sub. It fits perfectly and is much sturdier than the old flimsy (and duct taped) one. The blue green metallic paint is cool and the lighting effects really add to the playfield illumination. I wired a lamp socket plug in beneath the playfield from the closest pop bumper so that the sub is always lit.

Also, Thank You to JodyG for the new reproduction teal colored ramp bowl. It fits perfectly, looks great and is a huge improvement over the sorry state that mine was in. It had been repaired several times over the years, with rivets in the wrong place (joining the ramp with the bowl?), fatigued, broken and poorly shaped metal tabs and at some point black duct taped!

In addition to all the previous work, I've since added clear, blue lighted coin slots, clear flipper bands, a complete set of translucent rubbers and colour matching transparent star posts. The translucent rubber takes on the colour of the adjacent leds and star posts and allows more light to the playfield, with the clear bands enhancing the look of the green transparent flippers.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#766 3 years ago

Congrats Ron! Awesome, undervalued game and takes well to customizing!

The blue octopus bumper caps are from Fathom, mine were from Marco but are out of stock presently. Art blades are something to consider for Atlantis. Apron decals I haven't heard of but you can download nice apron cards for free:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/14#post-5294887

4 months later
#784 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How do I turn off the thing where it sometimes starts with the ones completed? I turned all the percentaging things down to 00.

I posted this Bally Atlantis forum post on the subject and it gives a step by step free factory remedy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ball-lock-lit-at-game-start-remedy#post-5652736

1 year later
#828 1 year ago

Bonjour!

Here are a few pics of Bally Atlantis underside A-B areas.
Note the later added self-mod wiring for star posts (red and black wires) and lighting for the 3D printed sub (red wiring with blue clip).
Otherwise, that area is stock.

DSCF8360 (resized).JPGDSCF8360 (resized).JPGDSCF8361 (resized).JPGDSCF8361 (resized).JPGDSCF8362 (resized).JPGDSCF8362 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#843 1 year ago

I have really enjoyed playing my Atlantis for five years now but last night's game became a very interesting new experience!

During multiball and with two balls left on the playfield, one of the balls somehow jumped back into the shooter lane? I just kept on playing the one ball without plunging the other one. All the red lights and multi ball features stayed on! For several minutes it was like playing a cool new feature of the game.

Multiball in Atlantis is usually pretty frantic, just trying to stay alive and I hardly even look at the upper half of the playfield or notice the red playfield lighting. However, that one stray game last night let me calmly look around at the whole playfield and play a really fun one ball but multiball mode game!

Now I'm thinking this could open up some interesting ideas to modify and enhance the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ManyQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome?tu=ManyQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.