IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 9 years ago

Thank you very much!!!!

#352 9 years ago

Ok got her set up. My white GI is out. The red is working. Connectors look fine so I am assuming a fuse but have no idea which fuse. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Tommy

#353 9 years ago

Tommy... Look at my old posts. It ain't a fuse

#355 9 years ago

Found it

image-633.jpgimage-633.jpg
#356 9 years ago

My was hacked up and works... U might be able to do something temporarily

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Here's your chance

Heavily faded, sub cover missing. Needs some work but not too bad, especially if if you can get it under the BIN price.

#359 9 years ago

Hi Guys - just bought an Atlantis pin and was real pleased to find this forum! Machine I bought was in pretty poor shape - dirty as all hell. I am an electrical engineer, and I cleaned it all up (major job - took 4 days) and it seems all the mechanicals are working OK. The problem is with the lights, of which there are several. Hopefully one of you experienced folks can share a few pointers? Two questions:

1. How does one access the bulbs under the playfield inserts? The sockets are soldered in, and the inserts are under the mylar so they don't pop out. So I am baffled as to how one pulls the bulbs - I have a few dead ones.

2. I have three pairs of lamps which act as if they are tied together - when I run the individual lamp test, they blink together when one is selected, and when the next in line is selected they are both off. Example: #68 and #69, both DT related. Can't be a short in the wiring, as then they would both go on when either is selected. Seems the two different PIO chips that drive these lamps, which both use output on pin 4 to drive these two lamps, are both being selected. But the other lamps on these PIO chips behave properly, so I am stumped. Any suggestions as to where to look?

Thanks! Looking forward to working with you guys!

#360 9 years ago

So balls keep falling out of sub when I hit ramp hard, any tips?

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Nisan:

1. How does one access the bulbs under the playfield inserts? The sockets are soldered in, and the inserts are under the mylar so they don't pop out. So I am baffled as to how one pulls the bulbs - I have a few dead ones.

1st welcome to the club... Do you lift the playfield up so you can access underneath??? It's hinged...

Dan

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So balls keep falling out of sub when I hit ramp hard, any tips?

Make sure the gate is in there and the spring metal is there... see this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome/page/2#post-1621549

#363 9 years ago

Thank you. I just tried the link and that didn't bring it up, nor did search for the part number. I have a wire gate there but no spring metal it seems.

#364 9 years ago

Sorry I sounded like a newbie, but yes I have extensively worked on the pin - top and bottom of the play field, and everywhere else. As I mentioned, the lamp socket below the insert is soldered to the ground wire stapled to the underside of the pf, and the socket is rigid up against the underside of the insert. The manual has no info on how to replace the bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Nisan:

Sorry I sounded like a newbie, but yes I have extensively worked on the pin - top and bottom of the play field, and everywhere else. As I mentioned, the lamp socket below the insert is soldered to the ground wire stapled to the underside of the pf, and the socket is rigid up against the underside of the insert. The manual has no info on how to replace the bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Which insert... I'll look at mine for you and take a photo... I replaced every bulb with a LED and I remember a few being a pain in ass but no major issues...

#366 9 years ago

Ok so I'm a moron, spring steel there. Adjusted it and playing great now with the exception of that White GI. Hopefully get that relay board fixed in a few days.

#367 9 years ago

Danczaz, replacing the insert bulbs is a pain on this game for sure. The only way I could replace them is to bend back the sockets. Sometimes things are in the way, and it's a real challenge to twist and contort your fingers, or wrap a hemostat or curved pliers with tape and get them under there. It's even worse if you are putting LEDs in, because then you need to put a lot of pressure on the socket and you'll need two hands so that one can support the back of the socket. I have no easy answer there.

As far as the multiple lamps lighting up together, that's a quirck of the design that allows two lamps to be controlled by one SCR. Check pages 4-4 to 4-8 of the manual that describes how the bi-phase lamp circuit operates. It looks like you may have a short of one of the diodes to a lamp socket or the cold side of the lamps to ground. That will cause both lamps to light. If one lamp is slightly brighter than another that is another clue.

biphase.jpgbiphase.jpg
#368 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Which insert... I'll look at mine for you and take a photo... I replaced every bulb with a LED and I remember a few being a pain in ass but no major issues...

Thanks!

Quoted from wayout440:

. It looks like you may have a short of one of the diodes to a lamp socket or the cold side of the lamps to ground. That will cause both lamps to light. If one lamp is slightly brighter than another that is another clue.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look at the schematics again and keep you posted.

Thanks again to you both! I'll post pictures next - you wouldn't believe that the guy who maintained this system before I got it figured he could cure everything with wood screws and nails...

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Ok so I'm a moron, spring steel there. Adjusted it and playing great now with the exception of that White GI. Hopefully get that relay board fixed in a few days.

Glad you got the sub launching correctly... sorry the link was busted (I didn't re-check it). I'm guessing they must have sold out.

#370 9 years ago

Looking at this game. Does anyone know if the original game had a translight or did it have a real screened backglass?

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

Looking at this game. Does anyone know if the original game had a translight or did it have a real screened backglass?

Translight

#372 9 years ago

Atlantis lives!

image-150.jpgimage-150.jpg image-322.jpgimage-322.jpg
#373 9 years ago

Has anyone installed Williams flipper bats? Pros vs cons?

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Has anyone installed Williams flipper bats? Pros vs cons?

I have white Williams flipper bats in mine. I didn't install them though, it was that way when I bought it. The yellow grooved bats are supposedly the correct ones, and Neo says that they are slightly longer. The game does play fine with the Williams and I have no problems.

#375 9 years ago

Mine have a standart williams, shorter than ribbed but it work fine because this game is easy.d&d need ribbed flipper...

#376 9 years ago

Yeah I installed them. Held them side by side and it was shorter but didn't have any Bally ones on hand and wanted to play.

#377 9 years ago

Would love this game if one pops up around MD.

#378 9 years ago

Does anyone have a playfield for sale? NOS, old but restorable, or something in between is fine.

I am interested.

#380 9 years ago

^^^ too bad the decals are peeling and the irreplaceable submarine is missing

#381 9 years ago

Someone took her at $700... Wonder if it was a pinsider... We'll have to wait and see!

#382 9 years ago

if the sub is missing it's not a big deal because it looks like shit anyway. I just got a model in the mail that i'm planning on using in my machine. I will post pictures soon of it. Size is a good size. very excited about this project. Pics coming soon.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Someone took her at $700... Wonder if it was a pinsider... We'll have to wait and see!

I planned on putting in an aftermarket sub so it didn't bother me. I just didn't want people who didn't notice bidding me up. I'm in da club now baby!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if the sub is missing it's not a big deal because it looks like shit anyway. I just got a model in the mail that i'm planning on using in my machine. I will post pictures soon of it. Size is a good size. very excited about this project. Pics coming soon.

Please share! I'm not really sure where to start with a model.

#384 9 years ago

Can someone confirm what is the correct drop target for bally Atlantis?

I think this is it but not sure?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3944-BL

I would prefer to order from marco since I also need the new decal set and they seem to be the only ones with it

#385 9 years ago

My sub is actually really nice on mine. Is it something that could be easily scanned and 3d printed?

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would prefer to order from marco since I also need the new decal set and they seem to be the only ones with it

That's the target. Decals have the seahorse on them.

Model i'm using is a new Nautilus model that came out with a giant squid stand. But the sub and stand are separate. Sub has clear windows in it as well which will be nice to light up.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Is it something that could be easily scanned and 3d printed?

I don't think so. The plastic is really, really thin, so I think you would have to go with a different design.

#388 9 years ago

it is really thin vacuum formed plastic, but it could be 3d printed as there is a lot of play room inside that is just empty air.

#389 9 years ago

Well, I think most of them are broken or missing. So if someone could come up with something it would be great

The one on mine was broken as well.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That's the target. Decals have the seahorse on them.
Model i'm using is a new Nautilus model that came out with a giant squid stand. But the sub and stand are separate. Sub has clear windows in it as well which will be nice to light up.

can we get a link to the see/purchase please

#391 9 years ago

My original sub was pretty beat. Brittle with age, it would pop off in the middle of games or cause ball hang ups. The sub I replaced it with is 100% home made. I designed it based around a frame of 2 plastic drink bottles glued end to end. This sub is much stronger, while still being flexible to fit around the frame properly. It never falls off or hangs up the balls. To me the classic sub shape looks more like a submarine the the triangular shaped original.

156149.jpg156149.jpg
#392 9 years ago

Come to think of it, there are probably shampoo/soap containers that resemble the shape of the submarine.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I planned on putting in an aftermarket sub so it didn't bother me. I just didn't want people who didn't notice bidding me up. I'm in da club now baby!

welcome to the club!!!

I had a feeling someone might jump at $700!!! Well worth it in my opinion!!!

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hilton did you get an Atlantis??? Can I take you off the list if I ever sell it? (Not going anywhere anytime soon)

image-54.jpgimage-54.jpg

#395 9 years ago

Don't take me off this list just yet... I picked one up but it is going to take some work to bring it back to life. (Yet another project I have taken on with 1 too many projects already). With a little luck and some time I will bring it back to life.

#396 9 years ago

Sounds good... Your still 1/1 on list but no plans to get rid of her... If you get a chance throw some photos up so we can see what you are working with...

#398 9 years ago

no, I meant a link for your sweet new submarine.

#399 9 years ago

yeah! please share the submarine!

#400 9 years ago

I have to put it together first. I don't know how well it's all going to come together, so let me get the project moving first, then i'll post pictures to make sure it's going to work. It's actually a very complex and detailed model, so will take me a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.