IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 2 years ago

Mu underplay field is 15 amp in the lower right corner.

Pix of the gate. Appears to be about 2.5" wide between screws. Very dirty i know...

My 6 amp is fast, 5 amp slow, 8 amp slow - seems to be a mix so not sure.

My flipper power is 5 amp slow, matching the label.

I was lucky enough to be able to make a gate for ScoobaDoo for the submarine lock so there may be something out there that would work?

IMG_0485 (resized).jpegIMG_0485 (resized).jpegIMG_0490 (resized).jpegIMG_0490 (resized).jpeg
#803 2 years ago

You da man Blubboman! Really appreciate the info!

3 weeks later
#804 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

So who has the rom…

Tournament Rom. Anybody ever get one made/know where?

3 weeks later
#805 2 years ago

I have a couple replacement subs available. These are interchangeable with the original thin one that breaks. The replacement is lighted as shown with color shifting paint. You can plug into one of the nearby lamp sockets. $100 shipped in the US. I can ship internationally but would need to check current prices and restrictions. See pictures.

IMG_0577 (resized).jpegIMG_0577 (resized).jpegIMG_0578 (resized).jpegIMG_0578 (resized).jpeg
#806 2 years ago

Anyone that hasn't bought the sub upgrade is really missing out!!!

1 week later
#807 2 years ago

I just received my blubboman sub in the mail today and it looks great, looking forward to finishing the restore on this game. Thanks a lot blubboman.

#808 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! Please post pix of your restored game - love to see another Atlantis looking great!

4 months later
#809 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Tournament Rom. Anybody ever get one made/know where?

Also curious about this.

2 weeks later
#810 1 year ago

Has anyone installed cabinet decals. If so from who? Classic Arcades? Pinball decals EU? Any feedback?

#813 1 year ago
Quoted from danczaz:

So one vote for Pinball Decal EU

I can attest the decals are nice and hold up since I'm the caretaker of that pin until death.

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I can attest the decals are nice and hold up since I'm the caretaker of that pin until death.

thank you!

2 weeks later
#815 1 year ago

Bought a populated playfield that had this plastic cage? Can't for the life of me find where it goes or even an example online with this attached. Any clues? The wiring matches the flashers.

PXL_20220828_194616186 (resized).jpgPXL_20220828_194616186 (resized).jpg
#816 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Bought a populated playfield that had this plastic cage? Can't for the life of me find where it goes or even an example online with this attached. Any clues? The wiring matches the flashers.
[quoted image]

Ah nevermind- found a topic thread about it. It's an unofficial mod- playmobile.

1 week later
#817 1 year ago

Another question as I am currently taking two dead populated playfields and making one good one, how exactly does the locking mechanism work for multiball? Am I missing something?

PXL_20220830_132748131 (resized).jpgPXL_20220830_132748131 (resized).jpg
#818 1 year ago

The first ball sits in front of the coil plunger and the other two sit behind it. Switch is what determines how many balls are in there.

#819 1 year ago

After installing the ramp-o-matic ramps I'm having a lot of ramp shots turn into airballs that reject on the left ramp. I think they're catching air off the rivet on the right side of the flap. Can anybody send me a photo of that area? It doesn't look like an adjustment I can easily make but maybe moving the metal guide a little bit to the left might keep the ball from impacting the rivet.

Edit: upon reviewing some thread photos it seems I may be able to close the ramp guides in by having a larger post here which may help. Anyone else having / solved this issue?

Also those switches do not do anything other than tell the game that a ball has passed through. No idea why there are two there instead of just one as the third ball doesn't rest anywhere close to that switch.

20220905_110801.jpg20220905_110801.jpg
#820 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Also those switches do not do anything other than tell the game that a ball has passed through. No idea why there are two there instead of just one as the third ball doesn't rest anywhere close to that switch.[quoted image]

Awesome! Yeah that's where I was confused. My issue now is the balls won't stay locked- how the hell does this gate work? Can someone take a video of the locking mechanism? I'm just totally lost here lol

#821 1 year ago

Looking at the image gallery it seems that the gate in front of the sub should have a piece of spring steel on it that is either stopping the ball itself, and the ball is forced through when the coil fires, or the gate is kept closed by it under normal "rolling ball" conditions and forced open when the coil fires. I'll see if I can take a look at my game later and figure out which.

#822 1 year ago

That's correct. there is a steel flap riveted to the gate that holds the ball. When the solenoid fires to release the ball, it pushes the ball through that flap. In the picture above, the rivet is there but maybe the flap has broken off?

4 weeks later
#823 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone can help me with a GI issue.

Was working on something unrelated and now that it's done all of my GI is out.

I have proper voltages on the power supply and the fuses are good.

Found these unattached 2 wires down near the far rear of the PF. I'm assuming this is why the GI is out but where did this come from? Any ideas?

Thanks.

310482990_871152673882896_4012747785324421968_n (resized).jpg310482990_871152673882896_4012747785324421968_n (resized).jpg
Added 18 months ago:

Solved

#824 1 year ago

I’m all in! Bought and picked up and NOS PF with additional Clearcoating…Stay Tunes

8E7DE57D-797D-4F7E-B46F-0F91B6931BD5 (resized).jpeg8E7DE57D-797D-4F7E-B46F-0F91B6931BD5 (resized).jpeg9E94E39F-D54A-44D5-89E7-3421EC550D41 (resized).jpeg9E94E39F-D54A-44D5-89E7-3421EC550D41 (resized).jpegFCCBEA05-47B2-48BE-9973-B176E1DC7CA3 (resized).jpegFCCBEA05-47B2-48BE-9973-B176E1DC7CA3 (resized).jpeg
#825 1 year ago

Wow nice!!

1 month later
#826 1 year ago

Ive been able to acquire the tournament rom for this machine. Well actually it's a patch file to patch the original rom. I don't have a programmer. Can anyone help me out with getting these on a couple 27128 eprom? Separate U2 an U3 patches.. I have specific instructions on how to perform the patch using LunarIPS.

Thanks

#827 1 year ago

Hi

I own a Bally Atlantis for like 2 weeks now and it really needed some work. Already fixed a lot of things. but some dodgy repairs where made. does someone have a picture of the bottom side of the board especially the A and B lanes. these lamps have some problems and i think things are very wrong.

Thanks in advance

#828 1 year ago

Bonjour!

Here are a few pics of Bally Atlantis underside A-B areas.
Note the later added self-mod wiring for star posts (red and black wires) and lighting for the 3D printed sub (red wiring with blue clip).
Otherwise, that area is stock.

DSCF8360 (resized).JPGDSCF8360 (resized).JPGDSCF8361 (resized).JPGDSCF8361 (resized).JPGDSCF8362 (resized).JPGDSCF8362 (resized).JPG
#829 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Not yours but I put in a NOS playfield, clearcoated in one that I restored.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

5 years old... but using your build as a map while I rebuild one. Beautiful. The blue bits looks so good. Would love to see more build pics if you have them somewhere. Thanks!

3ed82b73540e4050c7b37dcf1b86af8b5c307731 (resized).jpg3ed82b73540e4050c7b37dcf1b86af8b5c307731 (resized).jpg
#830 1 year ago

Can anyone help me with this fuse ? Im not sure why I cannot find FU8 in the pinwiki.

3/16 fast but what size? 25mm?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#831 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

3/16 fast but what size? 25mm?

It's an "8AG" fuse package - very difficult to find now. Common practice is to modify the fuse holders to accept a longer standard size 3AG fuse.

Some discussion of it on PinWiki here:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern#Modify_the_Display_Fuse_holder

#832 1 year ago

Anybody else's game consistently hit the jackpot shot when the ball is resting on the right flipper and center post? It's like cheating.

1 week later
#833 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else's game consistently hit the jackpot shot when the ball is resting on the right flipper and center post? It's like cheating.

Yeah, mine does. Get the tourney ROM I'm about to link up. You can change the jackpot to not light until all 3 balls are launched or until special is lit.

#834 1 year ago

Tournament ROM!

I sent a patched file to be programmed and can confirm it works. This is a must have, the main things are it gets rid of all the percentaging, extra ball from A/B, and progressive jackpot. Jackpot builds a lot quicker and is a per player basis.

Go to pinballrom.com. Tell him you want the Atlantis tourney Roms I sent him and he will program. I think it was $22 or 24 shipped to US. He shipped right away but it did take a couple weeks. He knows the guy that did the coding I think. I'm not even sure who to give credit to for making the patch that I was given but I'm very grateful!

PXL_20221207_215038392 (resized).jpgPXL_20221207_215038392 (resized).jpgPXL_20221207_215144811 (resized).jpgPXL_20221207_215144811 (resized).jpg
#835 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to reset HSTD? Not to the factory setting, but to the score you can put in set up mode. Having a tournament with mostly newbies and would like to drop the high scores very low. Thanks

#836 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

Tournament ROM!
I sent a patched file to be programmed and can confirm it works. This is a must have, the main things are it gets rid of all the percentaging, extra ball from A/B, and progressive jackpot. Jackpot builds a lot quicker and is a per player basis.
Go to pinballrom.com. Tell him you want the Atlantis tourney Roms I sent him and he will program. I think it was $22 or 24 shipped to US. He shipped right away but it did take a couple weeks. He knows the guy that did the coding I think. I'm not even sure who to give credit to for making the patch that I was given but I'm very grateful!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You are a fucking GOD!! Thank you!!!

Such a great game and these fixes were all it needed!

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Thanks for that but I'm just sharing someone else's hard work. All I did was reach out to a tournament director for the patch. I wish I knew the proper person to thank. It really is a must have for the game.

1 week later
#838 1 year ago

I have some extra pop bumper red cap and collars if anyone needs a replacement. PM me...

2 weeks later
#839 1 year ago

Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me out. I still have problems with the A and B lane and im starting to think it has to do something with the ground wire. does anyone know to what pin it goes on the J10/11/12 connector? also replaced the 2N5060. In the test mode it sometimes works and other times it doesn't it acts really strange.

Thanks in advance

#840 1 year ago

Just joined the club yesterday! Cool pin! I ordered some tourney roms to make it more my playstyle

95B77463-9EF4-4935-88E9-886EAB1710E4 (resized).jpeg95B77463-9EF4-4935-88E9-886EAB1710E4 (resized).jpeg
#841 1 year ago

Did you check your connectors? Had the same issue

Quoted from DaCrazyPeanut:

Hi guys,
Maybe someone can help me out. I still have problems with the A and B lane and im starting to think it has to do something with the ground wire. does anyone know to what pin it goes on the J10/11/12 connector? also replaced the 2N5060. In the test mode it sometimes works and other times it doesn't it acts really strange.
Thanks in advance

2 weeks later
#842 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What did you change in the settings to make the game more “balanced” for each player?

1 week later
#843 1 year ago

I have really enjoyed playing my Atlantis for five years now but last night's game became a very interesting new experience!

During multiball and with two balls left on the playfield, one of the balls somehow jumped back into the shooter lane? I just kept on playing the one ball without plunging the other one. All the red lights and multi ball features stayed on! For several minutes it was like playing a cool new feature of the game.

Multiball in Atlantis is usually pretty frantic, just trying to stay alive and I hardly even look at the upper half of the playfield or notice the red playfield lighting. However, that one stray game last night let me calmly look around at the whole playfield and play a really fun one ball but multiball mode game!

Now I'm thinking this could open up some interesting ideas to modify and enhance the game!

#844 1 year ago

Text below is copied from the patch file readme. I've got mine set up so that there is a delay before jackpot is available otherwise using tourney ROM as is. I am considering switching to having to hit all of the targets before jackpot is available as I still find it too easy to get. I'd probably raise jackpot to start at a million then.

TOURNAMENT ROMSET DIFFERENCES
========== ====== ===========

The tournament romset seeks to address these points:

All auto percentaging difficulty adjustments have been eliminated.
The drain plug timer will still 'ramp up' as a player accumulates
more and more millions of points however, as stock.

The ability to collect the percentaged extra ball from A-B lanes
has been eliminated.

The ability to earn an extra ball (via the drop bank) now has an
adjustment setting, on/off. If set to off, a variable amount of
points selectable by the tournament director can be awarded when
collecting an extra ball, or none at all.

The top saucer score advanced via each A-B completion has been been
reduced from 500k to 150k. This reduces the strategy of maxing the
saucer and repeatedly shooting it (a very safe shot to the top).

The jackpot will now start and build for each player during the
game, and will advance as before with completed lock
qualifications, as well as via various targets around the
playfield and for selected combo (quick shot) shots.

The minimum and maximum jackpots are now included in the new
adjustment settings, and can be set to any range 0-9.9 million. If
the minimum and maximum are set the same, each player will get the
same jackpot value.

The bonus X saucer now has a setting to disable lock spots. If set
to off, no standup lock target qualifying will occur on saucer
shots. If set to on, it will spot a flashing standup lock target
the same way the stock rom does, left-right-center. As with the
stock rom, the center saucer will no longer spot targets after the
first multiball has been acheived.

The left loop (jackpot shot) now has an adjustment to turn off
qualifying an entire lock via the quick shot inlane. Players
skilled at this shot could have multiball qualified in as little as
3 shots.

Each of the timed features in the game (spinner, drop bank, left
loop, drain plug) now have the ability via a menu adjustment to
have their timers tweaked. Set the timer option to 'custom' to
unlock the individual settings of each feature. Values you enter
will 'stick' if you set back to a preset option for casual play the
next time you enter custom, so if you need to change your machine
setup for location/home play, you will not lose your tournament
timer settings.

Additionally, the drain plug can be disabled entirerly via a new
adjustment specifically for this purpose, and the time the drain
plug is up from the top popper is fixed.

Completion of the A-B lanes while the drop bank target timer is
active will add a small amount of time to this timer (only) to
allow a ball to return to the flippers for possible completion of
the drop bank.

Hitting the spinner while its timer is active will add a short
amount of time to the spinner timer.

All combo shots that advance jackpot are started when the ball
travels through an inlane. A short time is availble to do a
'quickshot' to either hold bonus lane, the bonus X saucer, and ????
(hidden 4 way combo). Many 10k point targets will also add to the
jackpot value. The jackpot value does NOT reset on collection.
Only one jackpot per multiball can be collected.

Finally, there are 2 new options relating to collecting the
jackpot: A time delay, where the jackpot collect will not be lit
until all 3 balls have exited the submarine ("JACKPOT IS LIT" on
display), and a skillful based lighting of the jackpot requiring
all 9 lock targets to be made in multiball before the jackpot is
lit ("FINISH ALL 123 LIGHTS JACKPOT" on display). As with stock
there is a grace period timer after multiball ends to collect a lit
jackpot, but you must have the jackpot lit to do so (you cannot
complete the 9 qualify targets during the grace period).

1 month later
#845 1 year ago

Does any one have a bulb count list for this game? Trying to save a bit of time counting each individual type and color. Thanks!!!

3 months later
#846 9 months ago

Well I recently joined this club as I acquired this title in trade with Pinsider joshjowen. He did an excellent job on restoring the game, but I decided to take it a step further, so stay tuned as I'll post my progress here.

20230701_160413 (resized).jpg20230701_160413 (resized).jpg20230701_160421 (resized).jpg20230701_160421 (resized).jpg20230701_160428 (resized).jpg20230701_160428 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#847 9 months ago

Okay, today I did some wiring repairs on connectors before I removed the playfield. Here are some before pictures as what the machine looks like today.

IMG_0034 (resized).jpegIMG_0034 (resized).jpegIMG_0035 (resized).jpegIMG_0035 (resized).jpegIMG_0036 (resized).jpegIMG_0036 (resized).jpegIMG_0037 (resized).jpegIMG_0037 (resized).jpegIMG_0038 (resized).jpegIMG_0038 (resized).jpegIMG_0039 (resized).jpegIMG_0039 (resized).jpeg
#848 9 months ago

Okay make more progress this last week and today. Pulled all parts out, cleaned the cabinet and taped off ready for painting.

IMG_0055 (resized).jpegIMG_0055 (resized).jpegIMG_0056 (resized).jpegIMG_0056 (resized).jpegIMG_0057 (resized).jpegIMG_0057 (resized).jpegIMG_0058 (resized).jpegIMG_0058 (resized).jpeg
#849 9 months ago

Finished up today with the inside cabinet painting. Was able to start on reinstalling parts. Mounted the coin door trim as a teaser as what’s to come.

IMG_0062 (resized).jpegIMG_0062 (resized).jpegIMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0064 (resized).jpegIMG_0064 (resized).jpegIMG_0065 (resized).jpegIMG_0065 (resized).jpegIMG_0066 (resized).jpegIMG_0066 (resized).jpegIMG_0067 (resized).jpegIMG_0067 (resized).jpeg
#850 9 months ago

Getting close to the finish line.
I put the wiring harnesses coming out of the cabinet into the head into a wiring loom to make it so that they are protected and easier for when the head is dropped for transportation.

IMG_0124 (resized).jpegIMG_0124 (resized).jpegIMG_0125 (resized).jpegIMG_0125 (resized).jpegIMG_0126 (resized).jpegIMG_0126 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.