IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Cool to know what your wife's mods are!
What may get women interested in pinball need not be a mystery and can only help out with the cause.

I'll take some pics later but this is the beautiful example I bought for her. I'm lucky she loves pinball and even plays tournaments with me,in 2019 she played around 90 ifpa sanctioned tournaments.

#752 3 years ago

She added an octopus in the back right corner,a shark on the front pop bumber and the octopuses for a topper that over hang and look really cool imo she also affixed her trophies on top.i plan to get her some side blades for her birthday she's been eyeing.

20210124_213930 (resized).jpg20210124_213930 (resized).jpg20210124_213959 (resized).jpg20210124_213959 (resized).jpg20210124_223942 (resized).jpg20210124_223942 (resized).jpg20210124_224026 (resized).jpg20210124_224026 (resized).jpg20210124_224230 (resized).jpg20210124_224230 (resized).jpg

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

She added an octopus in the back right corner,a shark on the front pop bumber and the octopuses for a topper that over hang and look really cool imo she also affixed her trophies on top.i plan to get her some side blades for her birthday she's been eyeing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey great that your wife shows some fun and dedication to the cause! She will love the art blades and they really brighten up the playfield.

When my new girlfriend gets beyond the "You have how many games at your place now!?" and starts playing them...well I'll get more dedicated!

DSCF7121 (resized).JPGDSCF7121 (resized).JPG
#754 3 years ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Hey great that your wife shows some fun and dedication to the cause! She will love the art blades and they really brighten up the playfield.
When my new girlfriend gets beyond the "You have how many games at your place now!?" and starts playing them...well I'll get more dedicated! [quoted image]

Looks like you have a nice example too,I definitely need to order them side blades. Whats up with your pop bumper caps? They look cool.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Looks like you have a nice example too,I definitely need to order them side blades. Whats up with your pop bumper caps? They look cool.

Thanks! Really like this game, great player, what with the dual red - blue GI's, Williams sound board and flippers, Bally timed drop targets, outrageous lit pop up ball saver, Farrah Fawcett hair babes riding dolphins guarding a pile of underwater gold...Wow! Atlantis just begs for more than just a makeover!

My octopus pop bumper caps are from Fathom but in keeping with the dual red - blue GI I kept the bumper surrounds red and also installed blue bumper skirts. The upper playfield is lit with teal bendies and fades into blue led's midfield. I'm still experimenting and waiting for delivery of Jody's blue sub ramp but today installed new flipper mechs with clear green bats.

[Interesting to note the factory blue paint smudge on the playfield artwork, the right eye of the babe between the flippers! Kind of gives a little accidental edge to Her and the Machine! I like it!]

DSCF7371 (resized).JPGDSCF7371 (resized).JPGDSCF7374 (resized).JPGDSCF7374 (resized).JPGDSCF7378 (resized).JPGDSCF7378 (resized).JPGDSCF7382 (resized).JPGDSCF7382 (resized).JPGDSCF7388 (resized).JPGDSCF7388 (resized).JPGDSCF7392 (resized).JPGDSCF7392 (resized).JPGDSCF7410 (resized).JPGDSCF7410 (resized).JPGDSCF7414 (resized).JPGDSCF7414 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#756 3 years ago

Delete post

AtlantisMountingLeg (resized).JPGAtlantisMountingLeg (resized).JPG
1 week later
#757 3 years ago

Hi all. I made 3 illuminated Atlantis subs and have sold two so one is left. It is $85 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

These are 3D printed, sanded and painted and then illuminated from inside. I do my best to sand these for painting but they aren't perfect. I use the two color green and blue color changing paint so it is kind of irridescent looking. It fits on the existing clips so no new hardware needed. It includes a #555 so you can plug it into a nearby socket. It also has an actual fin on top!

IMG_1060 (resized).JPGIMG_1060 (resized).JPGIMG_1062 (resized).JPGIMG_1062 (resized).JPG
#758 3 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

Hi all. I made 3 illuminated Atlantis subs and have sold two so one is left. It is $85 plus shipping if anyone is interested.
These are 3D printed, sanded and painted and then illuminated from inside. I do my best to sand these for painting but they aren't perfect. I use the two color green and blue color changing paint so it is kind of irridescent looking. It fits on the existing clips so no new hardware needed. It includes a #555 so you can plug it into a nearby socket. It also has an actual fin on top!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I decided to put the one I bought in the wife's machine for valentines day and SHE LOVES IT!!! I didnt realize until after install it matches the sub on the translite.

#759 3 years ago

This 3rd one is sold!

I may make more if there is enough interest. I'd like to get at least three so I can make a batch for painting, etc. They are a pain to make!

Dan

#760 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can find the tourney rom for this? I saw on a video that there is one out there that locks the progressive jackpot in to make it balanced for tourney play. Thanks in advance!

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Anyone know where I can find the tourney rom for this? I saw on a video that there is one out there that locks the progressive jackpot in to make it balanced for tourney play. Thanks in advance!

As far as I know there is only one file available.
Atleast there is only one file in PinMame.

3 weeks later
#762 3 years ago

Thank You to Blubboman for the awesome new sub. It fits perfectly and is much sturdier than the old flimsy (and duct taped) one. The blue green metallic paint is cool and the lighting effects really add to the playfield illumination. I wired a lamp socket plug in beneath the playfield from the closest pop bumper so that the sub is always lit.

Also, Thank You to JodyG for the new reproduction teal colored ramp bowl. It fits perfectly, looks great and is a huge improvement over the sorry state that mine was in. It had been repaired several times over the years, with rivets in the wrong place (joining the ramp with the bowl?), fatigued, broken and poorly shaped metal tabs and at some point black duct taped!

In addition to all the previous work, I've since added clear, blue lighted coin slots, clear flipper bands, a complete set of translucent rubbers and colour matching transparent star posts. The translucent rubber takes on the colour of the adjacent leds and star posts and allows more light to the playfield, with the clear bands enhancing the look of the green transparent flippers.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#763 3 years ago

I’m in. Tks

#764 3 years ago

Thanks for add, I really like the bumper caps, are they still available somewhere? Mine are all red. Ron

#765 3 years ago

New to the group, just got a Atlantis and cabinet is in rough shape. From what I see it has all the common issues. I have not read all the posts/ replies but is anybody doing the apron decals? Thanks Ron

#766 3 years ago

Congrats Ron! Awesome, undervalued game and takes well to customizing!

The blue octopus bumper caps are from Fathom, mine were from Marco but are out of stock presently. Art blades are something to consider for Atlantis. Apron decals I haven't heard of but you can download nice apron cards for free:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/14#post-5294887

#767 3 years ago

Thanks Manyquarters for welcome and info. I’m looking forward to this project. I’ve already ordered a Sub from Dan, this going to be a challenge for sure. Ron

1 month later
#768 2 years ago

Looks like I have the same light relay board problem also, since both wires at 1 and 2 can I solder them together and on the back of the board also? Tks Ron

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Just picked one of these up, man what a fun pin!

abagwell Did you ever find the tourney rom? And how to install it?

Would love to be able to hard code the jackpot and divide scoring by 10.

1 week later
#770 2 years ago

I have two more sub mods together. These are a direct swap for the production sub but are lighted. I'm still trying to improve the overall quality of these - not quite what I want yet but getting there. Still $85 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

64367899720__54F5CE16-3566-485B-8B8A-F57CCEF1122A (resized).jpeg64367899720__54F5CE16-3566-485B-8B8A-F57CCEF1122A (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#771 2 years ago

I had a plastic cam break for my Atlantis Saucer Kicker mechanism, so the ball would get stuck in the hole during play. I could not find the plastic cam for sale anywhere so I designed one using CAD SW and 3d printed it. So far it is working fine. Anyway, I thought that I would share with the group. If anyone is interested I could get the .stl file to you so that you can print your own cams. In the image, the black cam is the original (hairline crack) and the blue one is the 3d printed one.

100_2427 (resized).JPG100_2427 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#772 2 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

This 3rd one is sold!
I may make more if there is enough interest. I'd like to get at least three so I can make a batch for painting, etc. They are a pain to make!
Dan

I would be interested in a submarine, that thing looks awesome!

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from Thoth:

I would be interested in a submarine, that thing looks awesome!

It is

#774 2 years ago

I have two subs available. $85 plus shipping. Let me know if interested.

1 month later
#775 2 years ago

How do I turn off the thing where it sometimes starts with the ones completed? I turned all the percentaging things down to 00.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How do I turn off the thing where it sometimes starts with the ones completed? I turned all the percentaging things down to 00.

You can't without the tournament ROM from Papa.

#777 2 years ago

Is that available anywhere?

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

You can't without the tournament ROM from Papa.

Interesting... do you know what all was changed for the PAPA revision? Stock this game has basically zero options for configuring rules.

#779 2 years ago

I was originally thinking mine was the papa rom because I thought that the jackpot was staying the same after collected by the first player. I'll have to verify.

If anybody has the ROM files or is willing to send it off to be copied I'm sure Matt's Basement Arcade would be down to rip / burn it.

#780 2 years ago

I think by default the jackpot only ever increments during a game, regardless of how many players there are. This includes continuing to increment after a jackpot has been collected. This is how mine works anyway and I’m assuming it has a standard rom revision in it.

It would be better if the jackpot value was tied to the player and reset after a collect. I also kinda wish the million from the drops could be re-lit on the same ball by completing the bank sequence over again.

#781 2 years ago

Jackpot increases at game start and when locks lit IIRC in the stock romset.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Jackpot increases at game start and when locks lit IIRC in the stock romset.

What does the "PAPA" romset do?

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

What does the "PAPA" romset do?

Levels the playing field as much as possible for tournament play. I suppose there's still lock stealing because it's a physical ball lock.

From the old tournament tracking website:
https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/tournament-rom-mods

Elimination of auto difficulty adjustments to lock lighting. (All locks must be earned, either through left loop spot (if enabled), saucer spot (if enabled), or hitting standups)
Jackpot minimums and maximums settable.
Jackpot advances by lighting locks (as factory) as well as various scores around the playfield.
Added setting to hold off on jackpot collection until all 3 balls launched.
Added setting to require completion in multiball of all 9 lock targets to allow jackpot collection.
Added setting to eliminate extra balls if desired.
Extra ball can award points from 0-9.9million as desired.
No lighting extra ball from A-B, drop bank only.
Added setting to stop spotting of lock targets from middle saucer.
Top saucer maxes out at 150k instead of 500k.
Added custom game setting to allow individual tweaking of timings on million shot, left loop spot timer, drop bank, drain plug, and spinner.
Spinner now resets timer as long as its hit within time period (no more timing out in the middle of a spin).
Added ability to turn off the million shot.
Added ability to turn off all lock spotting on the left loop.
Added ability to turn off the drain plug.
A-B completion will extend drop target timer slightly (if running)

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I posted this Bally Atlantis forum post on the subject and it gives a step by step free factory remedy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ball-lock-lit-at-game-start-remedy#post-5652736

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Levels the playing field as much as possible for tournament play. I suppose there's still lock stealing because it's a physical ball lock.
From the old tournament tracking website:
https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/tournament-rom-mods

Thanks so much for sharing this link! I need to get this ROM for mine. It fixes EVERYTHING that needed to be fixed. Awesome.

#786 2 years ago

So who has the rom…

Quoted from jay:

Thanks so much for sharing this link! I need to get this ROM for mine. It fixes EVERYTHING that needed to be fixed. Awesome.

1 month later
#787 2 years ago

Working on my Atlantis restoration right now- Does anyone reproduce the back playfield plastic? Mine is definitely faded to oblivion.

#788 2 years ago

I wish I need one as well

Quoted from truemagoo102:

Working on my Atlantis restoration right now- Does anyone reproduce the back playfield plastic? Mine is definitely faded to oblivion.

1 month later
#789 2 years ago

Hello all! I am proud to say I am officially in the club. I just purchased an Atlantis a week ago. I picked it up from a guy who was in the process of restoring it. I feel like I got a good deal. Of course, there are things left to do and some minor problems I’ve encountered while thoroughly going through the game. So of course I’m gonna definitely lean on the experts! I’m sorry I’m advance if I barrage this thread with multiple questions and pics.

**Disclaimer** I am relatively new to the hobby. This is my 1st machine not NIB. I have some general knowledge about how these SS machines work and I’m willing to learn more. Please have patience on this newbie!!

B56F3AEA-679F-4B15-86E1-D1C6B4CE112A (resized).jpegB56F3AEA-679F-4B15-86E1-D1C6B4CE112A (resized).jpeg
#790 2 years ago

Problem #1: Where does this connect to? It is located near the coin door and left flipper assembly. Is it a ground?

F4426B13-B438-4C7B-8B53-602F2EBA3EFD (resized).jpegF4426B13-B438-4C7B-8B53-602F2EBA3EFD (resized).jpeg
#791 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Is it a ground?

That is indeed a ground.
Can't tell from pics where it goes but the plastic on it makes me think it's the coin door ground strap.
If no one else replies, I'll check my Atlantis pics In the morning.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

That is indeed a ground.
Can't tell from pics where it goes but the plastic on it makes me think it's the coin door ground strap.
If no one else replies, I'll check my Atlantis pics In the morning.

Maybe so…my coin door is in bad shape too!!

0091CEB3-69C1-4EA6-B6DE-EABBDC51CDEB (resized).jpeg0091CEB3-69C1-4EA6-B6DE-EABBDC51CDEB (resized).jpeg3F99CB34-7D65-4B67-BCB8-8BE26AB49487 (resized).jpeg3F99CB34-7D65-4B67-BCB8-8BE26AB49487 (resized).jpeg
#793 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#794 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Here is one of my before images, can't quite see where on the coin door but it is the door grounding strap.

20180205_195432 (resized).jpg20180205_195432 (resized).jpg
#795 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Here is one of my before images, can't quite see where on the coin door but it is the door grounding strap.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help!! Of course…I have other issues too. In the service menu, my left flipper button works but my right flipper button doesn’t. So I can’t advance into the sub menus and change any settings. Would this be associated with my broke ass coin door?

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Would this be associated with my broke ass coin door?

I don't think so but might be wrong. Haven't worked on a 6803 in a while.
Obvious question though is Are you certain that switch is actually closing?

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I don't think so but might be wrong. Haven't worked on a 6803 in a while.
Obvious question though is Are you certain that switch is actually closing?

I can’t be certain that it is. The right flipper works fine during gameplay but not when using it with the service menu

#798 2 years ago

Can anyone help me find the gate that belongs in the submarine to hold the balls when locked? The guy I bought it from out a submarine mod that blubboman made but the gate is missy. Anyway I can find one?

33AF7220-7A58-4E59-90E3-7AC45D55BAAD (resized).jpeg33AF7220-7A58-4E59-90E3-7AC45D55BAAD (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#799 2 years ago

1)Need the shooter lane gate #B-12623 if anyone has a spare, knows where to get one or can measure the dimensions for me.

2) Are you guys running Fast Blow or Slow Blow for the 5, 6 and 8A fuses on the power supply board? There's confusing info. Manual and fuse kit from marcos shows FB but pinrepair and pinwiki both say slow blows???

3)Also can someone please confirm what the under PF fuse by the bracket value is ( not my game in picture, just used for reference) ...my label fell off.

thanks !

2f85b9116eca50f0cd2f430ca0e791887c78b88b (resized).jpg2f85b9116eca50f0cd2f430ca0e791887c78b88b (resized).jpg
#800 2 years ago

Also flipper power supply board has a sticker for 5A S.B. fuse but tech chart and manual both call for 4A S.B. ????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome/page/16?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.