0091CEB3-69C1-4EA6-B6DE-EABBDC51CDEB (resized).jpeg
F4426B13-B438-4C7B-8B53-602F2EBA3EFD (resized).jpeg
B56F3AEA-679F-4B15-86E1-D1C6B4CE112A (resized).jpeg
100_2427 (resized).JPG
64367899720__54F5CE16-3566-485B-8B8A-F57CCEF1122A (resized).jpeg
9 (resized).JPG
7 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#701 1 year ago

My friend is considering selling his NOS Bally Atlantis playfield. What would the value be on this?

#702 1 year ago

Details in "Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decal" (BALLY) artworks restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos. Ready to print with diecut vector (precut) and Bleedings.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Atlantis%20Submarine%20Pinball%20Decal.%20Restord%20Mikonos2.jpg
Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decal. Restord Mikonos2.jpg
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, for to avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary).

1 week later
#703 1 year ago

Well, I get my restoration printed. I show it:

"Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Atlantis%20Submarine%20Pinball%20Decals%20print1.JPG
Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals print1.jpg
"Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Atlantis%20Submarine%20Pinball%20Decals%20print2.JPG
Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals print2.jpg
"Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Atlantis%20Submarine%20Pinball%20Decals%20print3.JPG
Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals print3.jpg
"Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals" (BALLY) printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamination and precut (photo 4).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Atlantis%20Submarine%20Pinball%20Decals%20print4.JPG
Atlantis Submarine Pinball Decals print4.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, for to avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary).

Greetings

1 month later
#704 1 year ago

I’ll try this here as I believe the part is the same as in my big guns, and that club doesn’t respond :

How does one raise the ball save popper so that it’s flush w the pf while in the down position while still keeping those two little nuts tight?

Does the popper screw into the plunger?

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Does the popper screw into the plunger?

If I recall correctly, Yes, and the two nuts tighten together to prevent undesired adjustment.
In the image the two nuts are lowered, but in operation one nut is tightened to the plunger shaft putting pressure on it, the second nut is tightened to the first nut to put pressure on it. This pressure should prevent both up and down movement.

pasted_image (resized).png
#706 1 year ago

Thanks Atari. I did tighten the two nuts down together against the coil plunger. However, the popper is sitting too low, and balls catch on the wood edge of the pf up top.

I haven't taken it apart, but i'm wondering if the "plunger assembly" spins into the coil plunger, increasing or decreasing the height. Or if the two are welded together?

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I haven't taken it apart, but i'm wondering if the "plunger assembly" spins into the coil plunger, increasing or decreasing the height. Or if the two are welded together?

It should be threaded to allow for proper adjustments. Again, just going from memory, and what appears to be a threaded shaft seen on that part diagram.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

It should be threaded to allow for proper adjustments. Again, just going from memory, and what appears to be a threaded shaft seen on that part diagram.

Hey there is only room for one Atari in this thread!

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey there is only room for one Atari in this thread!

One can be 2600 and the other 7800!

#710 1 year ago

The only real Atari was the 2600.

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

One can be 2600 and the other 7800!

LOLOL!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

The only real Atari was the 2600.

2600 is OG for sure but 7800 is awesome too!

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

2600 is OG for sure but 7800 is awesome too!

I never had the pleasure, I held onto my 2600 (well still have it actually) and jumped to the first NES about 2 years after it was released.
Slow to upgrade!

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I never had the pleasure, I held onto my 2600 (well still have it actually) and jumped to the first NES about 2 years after it was released.
Slow to upgrade!

Nice! I somehow skipped NES all together. Went from Vic 20 to C64 to Atari 2600 to 7800 then SNES and then PS1!

#714 1 year ago

I wish we could get a ramp replacement!

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I wish we could get a ramp replacement!

Look something like this. talk to Freeplay40

pasted_image (resized).png

and your welcome

#716 1 year ago

I meant the whole thing - but I need this too!!

Quoted from Tallon:

Look something like this. talk to Freeplay40
[quoted image]
and your welcome

#717 1 year ago

I've asked JodyG if he could do the Atlantis ramp as I need the whole ramp as well.
I think he needs someone to send him one so he can take a mould of it.
This is his thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

1 month later
#718 1 year ago

Been digging thru ALOT of pictures and still have not come up with what I need. Bought a basket case from an operator (I know, I know). No transformer, No coindoor, missing the lift ramp, and the wiring to the Z connectors on the backbox light board looks to have caught on fire. Fixed, repaired, or replaced everything else so far but can't find any pics of the wiring and the schematic is only partially helpful. Can anyone take a couple pics of the z connectors in particular the smaller one as thats the one they " tried" to fix.

#719 1 year ago

Hi Tallon, let me know if this helps.

Bally Atlantis Connectors 1 (resized).JPGBally Atlantis Connectors 2 (resized).JPG
#720 1 year ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Hi Tallon, let me know if this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, had to go grab a game on my day off and have not had a chance to get back to atlantis. My game has a second z connector for the square plug. Not a big deal but I need to know if I'm seeing it right as a double black red wire on the game side and single black red on the board side and so on. My guess is this is correct as wires look like a pass thru on the other z connector.

#721 1 year ago

Your small connector appears to be a replacement also. I back traced a couple wires and with your pics and a couple blurry ones on the internet I got it working. We have GI lighting now.

Next problem would be the MPU apparently not booting.

#722 1 year ago

Good to hear, good luck with the MPU!

1 month later
#723 1 year ago

Atlantis owners- I am going to be running the ramp for this very soon...working on the mold this week. Is there demand for new lift ramp assemblies? I was looking into having the entire assembly remade and available, but the more timely option would be to send me your lift ramp, and i'll swap and rivet the stainless hardware over to a new piece of plastic with new flaps.

I will also be making the clear protector over the ramp available as well.

If you are interested in either the ramp, protector, or lift ramp refurb, please PM me your email address, and I will make sure I have enough made for everyone. Pricing on the ramp will be around $65.

#724 1 year ago

Are you planning on making the sub as well?

#725 1 year ago

Great news! I’m in desperate need of the ramp

Quoted from JodyG:

Atlantis owners- I am going to be running the ramp for this very soon...working on the mold this week. Is there demand for new lift ramp assemblies? I was looking into having the entire assembly remade and available, but the more timely option would be to send me your lift ramp, and i'll swap and rivet the stainless hardware over to a new piece of plastic with new flaps.
I will also be making the clear protector over the ramp available as well.
If you are interested in either the ramp, protector, or lift ramp refurb, please PM me your email address, and I will make sure I have enough made for everyone. Pricing on the ramp will be around $65.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

I don't even have Atlantis anymore but would be in on one of these!

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

Not at this time...I am not sure I can pull that one off, and I don't want to damage an original trying.

#728 1 year ago

Sounds great and I would be interested in a set or two, especially if in different colours, aqua / teal / blue. Just a thought.

#729 1 year ago

Sounds great and I would be interested in a set or two, especially if in different colours, aqua / teal / blue. Just a thought.

Teal is absolutely doable, and the shade I have would really look perfect in this machine if you are into that!

#730 1 year ago

I'm not in need of a ramp but if it was teal I may want to mod mine

#731 1 year ago

It would be really interesting to see Atlantis with teal coloured ramps!

This pin, with its pleasing shades of aqua, is very amenable to colour enhancement. Over the last few years I've tinkered around with different coloured leds and posts etc. I'm still experimenting. Here's a few pics of blue and teal leds in the upper playfield for perspective. (The art blades made quite a difference, increasing the overall brightness and giving the playfield art a more near surface look).

1 - Atlantis blue Led's, no art blades (resized).jpg2 Atlantis teal Leds with art blades (resized).jpg
1 week later
#732 1 year ago

Preview of the new Atlantis ramp!

20201228_174707 (resized).jpg
#733 1 year ago

Great work!

Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

#734 1 year ago

Just here to randomly post pics of our Atlantis. <3

Work done: All new rubbers, LED's, side blade art, added spotlights and trough light, added additional red lights for multi-ball mode as well as blue light inside submarine

IMG_5578 (resized).jpgIMG_5863 (resized).jpg
#735 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Nice work and looking forward to this! The teal colour looks sharp!

I would be interested in a couple complete sets, both clear and coloured, with all flanges and hardware, if possible.

(Sending a lift ramp over for fitting is a less desirable option for me due to shipping, waiting on customs, duty fees, machine down time and the deteriorating / frustrating 'courier service' that would be multiplied twice).

#736 1 year ago
Quoted from grantnel:

Just here to randomly post pics of our Atlantis. <3
Work done: All new rubbers, LED's, side blade art, added spotlights and trough light, added additional red lights for multi-ball mode as well as blue light inside submarine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting mods! Now I'm thinking about lighting up my sub!

(Btw: Watch out for art blade adherence! I lifted up the playfield then lowered it down and scrunched up both sides near the back. Fortunately straightened it out with no damage and fixed it with a little bit of mylar here and there.)

#737 1 year ago

Interesting mods! Now I'm thinking about lighting up my sub!
(Btw: Watch out for art blade adherence! I lifted up the playfield then lowered it down and scrunched up both sides near the back. Fortunately straightened it out with no damage and fixed it with a little bit of mylar here and there.)

Thanks for the heads-up. So far so good after quite a few months on there, but will for sure double check it every time I lift the playfield.

1 week later
#738 1 year ago

Hiya, folks! Quick question about the submarine eject solenoid sleeve. Is the flanged end supposed to face forward or towards the backbox? It was facing forward when I received the machine but just wanted to be sure because it does sorta stand in the way of balls coming in from the ramp, although they do get by okay. Pictures from the same perspective would be greatly appreciated.

Quick question #2: For my sub gate assembly I have to unscrew the right-side mounting screw a few turns to give enough height for balls to enter. Can anyone see anything wrong with my configuration or share any mods they did to get it to work reliably?

Thanks so much! First pin and having a blast restoring it so far!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#739 1 year ago

Awesome underrated pin that takes well to mods! My first pin too!
Took a little while but my sub is working very reliably now.

This whole sub area should be adjusted for optimum functioning:
- Initially, I was having similar problems then noticed that someone moved the forward ball gate post. I have since moved it back to the original location (like yours).
- Make sure ALL mounting hardware is tight and tweaked to just the right position. The two coil frame mounting screws loosen up over time and occasionally need tightening.
- Also a small rubber ring on the bare steel mini post helps.
- Included is a pic of an absolutely must have tool for Atlantis...bulb puller/placer!

Q 1- Coil sleeve flange faces aft on mine.
Try adjusting the coil frame mount by unloosening the two mounting screws and pushing the frame aft.

Q 2 - Hmm...Your gate wire may be facing the wrong way.
Try putting the washers below the gate frame instead of on top.
I have one thicker washer under the forward gate frame and none on the aft post.

Bulb remover (resized).JPGSub Gate 1 (resized).JPGSub Gate 2 (resized).JPGSub Gate 3 (resized).JPG
#740 1 year ago

Awesome underrated pin that takes well to mods! My first pin too!
Took a little while but my sub is working very reliably now.
This whole sub area should be adjusted for optimum functioning:
- Initially, I was having similar problems then noticed that someone moved the forward ball gate post. I have since moved it back to the original location (like yours).
- Make sure ALL mounting hardware is tight and tweaked to just the right position. The two coil frame mounting screws loosen up over time and occasionally need tightening.
- Also a small rubber ring on the bare steel mini post helps.
- Included is a pic of an absolutely must have tool for Atlantis...bulb puller/placer!
Q 1- Coil sleeve flange faces aft on mine.
Try adjusting the coil frame mount by unloosening the two mounting screws and pushing the frame aft.
Q 2 - Hmm...Your gate wire may be facing the wrong way.
Try putting the washers below the gate frame instead of on top.
I have one thicker washer under the forward gate frame and none on the aft post.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply! Those photos are superb!

* My coil frame screws are tight and pushed as far back as they'll go so no worries there.
* I do see an alternate mounting point for (I think) the left side of the gate bracket but I think it's further out of the way. Sounds like a lot of machines have had people drilling new holes for the gate.
* I think you may be correct about the gate wire facing the wrong way. I spent a ton of time staring at the diagram in the manual and hunting down photos to see how it's supposed to be. Mine is currently set so that balls could travel freely "up" into the ramp from the front (obviously impossible) and restrict balls going the intended way. I thought perhaps this was the correct orientation because it stops balls from dropping down to the playfield but lets them through when the coil fires. How does your gate apply enough force to stop balls if it's setup to allow them through?
* Great tip for the metal post! Is the idea for that post that it'll halt balls coming in through the ramp?
* Great tip on the washers! (Kinda amazed you noticed that!)

Oh, and I've never seen a pinball repair gadget that I didn't order right away so the exact pliers in your pic are already on the way!

Cheers!

#741 1 year ago

Great to hear that info is helping!

There's a lot going on in that sub area, what with the coil firing, coil sleeve, ramp exit, ball gate, switch, trough and posts all in about an inch and a half square...it's no wonder problems arise. Many an Atlantis has likely had crude fixes there when they were routed in the arcades.

- Also the wire bottom switch in front of the coil on my game has been bent numerous times in the past for same reasons as above. Adjusting that may help.
- I can't say for sure which is the correct position for the wire in the ball gate but mine works flawlessly and never needed adjustment. It seems there is just enough pressure to hold the ball in place but not so much to interfere with the coil when it fires. I'll guess and say that is how the factory intended it.

***Maybe other Atlantis owners can chime in on this to help form a consensus.***

- That little rubber ring on the metal post may not be factory but helps position the ball just right in the trough after the ball hits it. I tried a bigger ring and that didn't help.

The bulb pliers are awesome and sure save a guy from sore fingers, unnatural contortions and a whole lot of swearing!

Cheers

#742 1 year ago

Hi folks, just letting you know I have placed some Atlantis main ramps on my site for sale, as well as replacement ramp covers. You can order from www.rampomatic.com if you are in the USA.

1 week later
#743 12 months ago

I got my new blue ramp from Jody. A couple sorry pix on my beater Atlantis below. So awesome to have a new ramp. Jody also fixed/rebuilt my lift ramp - that is a massive improvement. The lighting is terrible as I haven't really shopped this game or installed new lamps or anything - sorry about that.

Thanks for doing these Jody!

IMG_1049 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG
#744 11 months ago

Cool sub! Love to hear the details on that!

#745 11 months ago

Thanks! That is many many hours of 3D modeling - pretty excruciating to get something that fits and that has an actual fin on top! It's lit with two LED strips and colored film to kind of match how the decals look on the original. I just use a 555 adapter so it's plugged into a nearby light socket. I'm doing a little testing and fitting but it seems to fit ok. It snaps onto the two clips that hold the original.

I'm actually making three more of these now that i will probably try to sell. I'm sanding them to smooth them out and then paint so they will look a little better. My topcoat is one of those color shift paints that looks green or blue - kind of to shimmer like the translite sub appears. It is 3D printed so it doesn't come out perfect (too much oddly oriented geometry) but it looks pretty good.

#746 11 months ago

Your sub description sounds awesome!

This really needs to be done. The factory sub is flimsy and cracks easily. The bits of black duct tape holding my Atlantis navy together is just not in keeping with the otherwise sublime beauty of this game or the many hours I've put into refurbishing it. A sturdy, good looking and lighted sub would be most welcome.

Count me in on buying one if / when available!

#747 11 months ago

I would also be interested in a sub.Atlantis is my wife's favorite game and has actually added a few mods on her own.

#748 11 months ago

Interested in a sub if they are made available

#749 11 months ago

That sub blows the original out of the water!

#750 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would also be interested in a sub.Atlantis is my wife's favorite game and has actually added a few mods on her own.

Cool to know what your wife's mods are!

What may get women interested in pinball need not be a mystery and can only help out with the cause.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside