IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

figured out my main insert lighting issue. the connector was connected to the wrong header location on the board. love easy fixes! now i just have a few bulbs out but at least the correct ones are trying to light now!

Lol. Classic work from the previous owner

Glad you recued it and appears to be very solid!

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes for the price, it was a good acquisition. Thanks again for the guidance on that @whysnow!

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

It looks like John has them listed on his Ebay page though. Is the ROM file on IPDB the latest (Rev. 3) version? I have Rev. 2 as well and would like to upgrade.
ebay.com link

Late reply, but, yes; it looks like the ROMs from IPDB are rev3 as shown below:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#554 6 years ago

I can verify this. John burned the IPDB file and sent me a copy to test. It was the latest Rev.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I can verify this. John burned the IPDB file and sent me a copy to test. It was the latest Rev.

Thx, what kind of chips were they? Any idea? My friend has a ROM burner so we are trying to figure out what kind of chip is needed if we try to burn them on our own. The manual shows this:

Game U2 U3 Jumpers
Atlantis 2006-12601-0000 2006-12602-0000 2, 4, 6, 9, 10

But, those numbers do not look familiar. Are these 27xx EPROM chips?

#556 6 years ago

Ehh, I sold the game already but I may have the old set. Let me look and get a pic of them if I do.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ok I fixed the rest of the inserts that were not turning on! yay!!! Ended up being 2 fried transistors at q42 and q62. boo yah! flipper rebuild is next but this baby is already playing great!!!

2 weeks later
#558 6 years ago

Hi all, I am not receiving the extra ball award when hitting the lit VUK. Instead, I am getting awarded 75,000 points. I assume there is a setting somewhere but it is not clear when going through the menus or manual. Please help?

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hi all, I am not receiving the extra ball award when hitting the lit VUK. Instead, I am getting awarded 75,000 points. I assume there is a setting somewhere but it is not clear when going through the menus or manual. Please help?

Try Game setup/levels or Game setup/special. These two can be set for REPLAY, XBALL, POINTS or NOTHING. See if one of those needs to be set to XBALL. That's all I can see in the manual.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Try Game setup/levels or Game setup/special. These two can be set for REPLAY, XBALL, POINTS or NOTHING. See if one of those needs to be set to XBALL. That's all I can see in the manual.

Ok I will try this. I know I set them both to "points" but I thought this would not impact the xball function in the VUK during normal gameplay. I bet this is it. Thx for the suggestion. I will report back...

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Ok I will try this. I know I set them both to "points" but I thought this would not impact the xball function in the VUK during normal gameplay. I bet this is it. Thx for the suggestion. I will report back...

Nope, no luck...

#562 6 years ago

I have the machine set to xx-hard in the game settings menu. I found this highlighted note in the manual. I think the "popper" is the VUK, right? Maybe this means I have to get the VUK value by hitting the A and B rollover switches up to >35k before I can be awarded the xtra ball?

#563 6 years ago

that is correct

2 months later
#564 6 years ago

Hey guys...consider me a club member.

NOS cleared playfield installed. I've got cab decals but I'm going to wait to see if it's a long term keeper before I go to the trouble.

20170806_133446 (resized).jpg20170806_133446 (resized).jpg

#565 6 years ago

Here's a question for owners.

I found that after quite a few plays, the extra ball at the A-B rollovers would mysteriously be lit at the beginning of game. After reading the manual, i found the excerpt below that states the game will automatically adjust the game settings after 50 plays and make the extra ball (and multiball for that matter) easier to attain if hasn't been achieved as much as the game thinks it should.

Is there a way to turn this off? Am I missing a setting?

I tried to set the "Target Register" to "00" but that only deals with automatic high score adjustment I think. You can "Clear Account Register", but you'd have to do that every 50 games, and it erases high scores too. I've also jacked up the difficulty to XX-Hard but it still lites the extra ball earlier than it should based on the self adjusting settings.

20170806_133228 (resized).jpg20170806_133228 (resized).jpg
20170806_133239 (resized).jpg20170806_133239 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#566 6 years ago

I am now a member! I bought my first pinball machine last night and it was an Atlantis. It sat for over 15 years with little use in someone's home but it seems to be in very good working order. PF needs cleaning and I think that there are a few lights out so I guess I'm going to have to figure out what lamps to buy. I'll post pictures once I start working on it. I really need some new cabinet decals because the vertical portions are peeling up pretty bad. Wish me luck!

3 weeks later
#567 6 years ago

I sold a clear coated NOS playfield about 12 years ago. I was wondering if anybody hear bought it and installed it. I think I sold it for $450. If you did, do you have some pictures.

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I sold a clear coated NOS playfield about 12 years ago. I was wondering if anybody hear bought it and installed it. I think I sold it for $450. If you did, do you have some pictures.

Not yours but I put in a NOS playfield, clearcoated in one that I restored.

IMG_4992 (resized).JPGIMG_4992 (resized).JPG

IMG_4993 (resized).JPGIMG_4993 (resized).JPG

IMG_4994 (resized).JPGIMG_4994 (resized).JPG

#569 6 years ago

That looks great. I wonder if anybody used mine? It had a very small factory flaw in the blue right by the spinner.

1 month later
#570 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I seriously went through EVERYTHING tracing the GI issue and guess what...
KISS >> Keep It Simple Stupid.
Here was the culprit and the answer
Under pf on right hand side. Fuse buzzed out fine when in holder. Removed it and it would not buzz at all.
Sorry for the poor focus, but I think you can see the broken vertical in the fuse >>> just wanted to show how a fuse can buzz out when in circuit and look almost fine but still be bad upon further inspection.

Also posted a photo of where on the pf (mid way on right side when pf raised) you can find this inline fuse.

I had a flasher on atlantis not work because of a bad transistor

and another one not work because of a bad fuse.

I didn't realize the fuse was bad for like the first 3 years I owned the game. That's pretty doofy.

Just thought it had some weird problem that I couldn't figure out.

2 weeks later
#571 6 years ago

Anybody looking for a manual for Bally Atlantis? I have 1 that is missing the back cover. I bought it off e-bay from TNT Amusements and it is signed by Todd Tuckey. 22 bucks has it media mailed to you in lower 48. Would sell Internationally for 20.00 USD + actual shipping

2 weeks later
#572 6 years ago

Hello,
I just bought an Atlantis this past weekend and the lower GI is out in the backbox. It has the attached circuit board which looks in rough shape. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know where I can find a replacement board like this?
Thanks

IMG_20180107_221232 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_221232 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180107_221709 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_221709 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180107_221742 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_221742 (resized).jpg

#573 6 years ago

Try contacting this place. http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/ If you scroll down on products, and WMS system 11 parts it looks a lot like a solenoid/ GI relay board. Might be compatible?

1 week later
#574 6 years ago

Anyone in or around germany needs some space and wants to sell me his Atlantis?

1 week later
#575 6 years ago

Anyone know the different between ROM v2 and V3? Worth upgrading?

#576 6 years ago

I have just joined the club.
First I’m going to start on the cabinet. Does anyone know where can I get a set of cabinet decals from?
Or even download them?

Thanks

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

My friend has a ROM burner so we are trying to figure out what kind of chip is needed if we try to burn them on our own.

Quoted from wizard_mode:

Are you in any position to dump the V2 ROM that you have so we can document and preserve it?

#578 6 years ago

I've got an Atlantis last weekend (wich needs serious work) and I have one question:
Is the Speech really that much louder then the music? When I turn up the volume so I can take a good listen to the music the peech samples are so loud they blow my ears off.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I've got an Atlantis last weekend (wich needs serious work) and I have one question:
Is the Speech really that much louder then the music? When I turn up the volume so I can take a good listen to the music the peech samples are so loud they blow my ears off.

Focus on the connectors/cables between the boards first.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Focus on the connectors/cables between the boards first.

Thx, will definately reflow solder. Trying to get a new cable as well.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Are you in any position to dump the V2 ROM that you have so we can document and preserve it?

Maybe I should try since it seems like these changes are not documented anywhere. These reason I would like to upgrade is because everytime I play the game the first ball is automatically locked even though I have the settings set to hard and I get MB just about every time I play. I was hoping maybe the learning mode was dialed in a little bit better between rev2 and rev3 game ROM. Anyone else see what I am seeing where the first ball lock is always lit (ramp down) when launching ball one, even though MB is just about always achieved???

#582 6 years ago

I just checked and I'm running REV 2 as well.
Mine does not auto lock the 1st ball. FYI
I'd probably try a restore factory defaults to see if it clears a setting causing that 1st.

#583 6 years ago

Two other Problems, maybe someone can help.

First I'm missing complete GI. Red and White. Fuses are good and there's the correct voltage on the board up in the backbox, measured on the test points. Re-soldered everything on the relais with no effect. - Can anyone tell my what cables I have to measure (and how) to check if the relais even do get power?

Second I have a Problem with a Slingshot. Once it activates it does stay activated till I push it back manually!?! :-/

With my audio problems I could resolve some with re-soldering (sound went missing from time to time) and recrimping one cable but the voices are still way louder then the Music.

#584 6 years ago

If I remember correctly, there are two relay boards under the Playfield about in the midfle, one for red GI and one for white GI. Look for cracked header pins on those.

GI is AC, you need to make sure you are measuring with your meter across the AC legs and not between AC leg and common earth ground, like you would when measuring DC. Check GI supply and be certain that AC is passing through the fuse.

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Second I have a Problem with a Slingshot. Once it activates it does stay activated till I push it back manually!?! :-/

That's not good. You sure the slingshot switches are opening up? If they are hair triggered they will lock on..

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

If I remember correctly, there are two relay boards under the Playfield about in the midfle, one for red GI and one for white GI. Look for cracked header pins on those.
GI is AC, you need to make sure you are measuring with your meter across the AC legs and not between AC leg and common earth ground, like you would when measuring DC. Check GI supply and be certain that AC is passing through the fuse.

As I saidf I measured up in the backbox at the test points and the fuse and get around 6V. I resoldered the relays sub playfield with no effect but want to check if the voltage is coming in. But I dunno wich colored cables to measue to do this. *blush*

Will double check if the leaf switch opens up properly on the slings.

#587 6 years ago

They're wide open. :-/

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They're wide open. :-/

Do they lock on in test mode too?

#589 6 years ago

There are 2 relay boards, one for the red and one for the white. The pinout diagram that I made a long time ago is here, but I didn't get the detail complete. Does one of the GI work when in coil test mode, such as the red GI? I don't have an Atlantis anymore, making it difficult for me to help more. The relay covers often have diagrams which could be of help.

29b6be3eabcf3d2d7f6da9dd2c797e5baa664984 (resized).jpg29b6be3eabcf3d2d7f6da9dd2c797e5baa664984 (resized).jpg

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

There are 2 relay boards, one for the red and one for the white. The pinout diagram that I made a long time ago is here, but I didn't get the detail complete. Does one of the GI work when in coil test mode, such as the red GI? I don't have an Atlantis anymore, making it difficult for me to help more. The relay covers often have diagrams which could be of help.

Thx, your help is appreciated.

Saw this but since I don't know where (wich cable) to measure (but will look for the covers like you said). I'm kind of a noob.

And no, none of the GI works. Neither Red nor white. Switched the relais with each other same result.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thx, your help is appreciated.
Saw this but since I don't know where (wich cable) to measure (but will look for the covers like you said). I'm kind of a noob.
And no, none of the GI works. Neither Red nor white. Switched the relais with each other same result.

Your problem really sounds upstream then. Find the main power schematic and track GI illumination bus and GI illumination return. Sounds like the GI power is not even getting to the relay boards. Someone with an Atlantis should be able to chime in.

#592 6 years ago

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#593 6 years ago

Thanks for your hard work trying to hlp me!

I will check this as soon as I can.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thanks for your hard work trying to hlp me!
I will check this as soon as I can.

You're welcome.

#595 6 years ago

Would anyone happen to have the schematics for the relay board they could share? It's not in my manual, the part I see is 5768-12390-00.
Thank you

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Would anyone happen to have the schematics for the relay board they could share? It's not in my manual, the part I see is 5768-12390-00.
Thank you

You might check this thread... seems to have similar issue, and has some of the relay wiring/pinouts listed within the thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantisneed-a-little-help-please

#597 6 years ago

Thank you!

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Without knowing the V2 I can't say.
Maybe a rom dump can reveal something when tested in PinMame.
If yuo are able to read the rom, please do so.

Peter

#599 6 years ago

Hey all, I've joined this club as of this weekend.
Anyone know if classic arcades decal font is a good match for the original?
Id like to scan them for new water slides as I prepare to work on the playfield.
Any clear ramps available for this title?

20180203_201021 (resized).jpg20180203_201021 (resized).jpg

#600 6 years ago

Anyone know the proper colors for the cabinet artwork?
Also, What does everyone do to replace these sorry ass light sockets that fall apart just from swapping out light bulbs?

merged backbox (resized).pngmerged backbox (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.