IMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 8 years ago

Hi folks - have an Atlantis tech question. I have several lamp sets on my Atlantis, like the CJ11-11 and CJ11-4 (Extra ball and One Million) that both go on together when the first of the set is selected in Test mode, and neither go on when the second lamp of the set is tested. I am an electronics engineer, but was hoping someone could give me some direction as to where to start to troubleshoot this. Does not appear to be a wiring problem. If one of the control SCRs is bad would it cause this behavior? Thanks!

3 months later
#502 8 years ago

I am now part of the club since I just bought an Atlantis yesterday. It's a very fun game and saved my from being a pin-free home.

#503 8 years ago

congrats. GREAT game!!! Classic fun and the right amount of challenge.

I have asked my wife to dress up as one of the backglass chicks for halloween some year.

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats. GREAT game!!! Classic fun and the right amount of challenge.
I have asked my wife to dress up as one of the backglass chicks for halloween some year.

Make sure she does not try and get away with not riding a dolphin

#505 8 years ago

I was thinking I would dress up as the dolpin

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

AH! A halloween costume with porpoise

wow.jpgwow.jpg

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

I am now part of the club since I just bought an Atlantis yesterday. It's a very fun game and saved my from being a pin-free home.

One issue I am having right now is the right flipper sticks up when activated. Usually the ball hitting it makes it fall back down (or sometimes it just goes down by itself). It stays up when the machine is powered down, so I assume it is mechanical. What would be the best things to check out?

#509 8 years ago

I am looking for the L3 Roms for Atlantis. According to John Wart's website, he doesn't currently offer this era of Bally Roms. Anyone else have them that I can purchase?

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

I am looking for the L3 Roms for Atlantis. According to John Wart's website, he doesn't currently offer this era of Bally Roms. Anyone else have them that I can purchase?

Action Pinball sells them...
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS16

Or maybe give your general location and someone local can help you out.

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

One issue I am having right now is the right flipper sticks up when activated. Usually the ball hitting it makes it fall back down (or sometimes it just goes down by itself). It stays up when the machine is powered down, so I assume it is mechanical. What would be the best things to check out?

Lack of vertical play in the bat most common. Try loosening bat shaft and readjust linkage if binding.
Weak return spring. Return spring worn out? (or otherwise binding, lack of "spring")
Coil sleeve and/or coil shaft dirty/worn
Bushing cracked/worn

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why wait til halloween?

article-2739730-20F71AAC00000578-284_634x423.jpgarticle-2739730-20F71AAC00000578-284_634x423.jpg

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Why wait til halloween?

article-2739730-20F71AAC00000578-284_634x423.jpg

My periscope is rising...

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Lack of vertical play in the bat most common. Try loosening bat shaft and readjust linkage if binding.
Weak return spring. Return spring worn out? (or otherwise binding, lack of "spring")
Coil sleeve and/or coil shaft dirty/worn
Bushing cracked/worn

Yeah, I ended up taking everything apart, cleaned the coil sleeve and re-assembled. It has been working good since.

I have another issue where occasionally a game will end in the middle of a ball (flippers go dead, lock balls release, etc.). In a multiplayer game it ends all games regardless of what ball everyone was on. I just installed an NOS MPU and the problem still will occur occasionally. I'm still trying to figure it out.

#515 8 years ago

Sounds like a hard reset if it is ending a multiplayer game, do you get a total reboot? I would suspect a power supply problem in that case. Check power rail for +5VDC logic within a couple tenths of a volt and make certain AC ripple is well under a volt, or even less than half a volt, when the game is at operating temp.

*edit*
...or a cable problem.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Sounds like a hard reset if it is ending a multiplayer game, do you get a total reboot? I would suspect a power supply problem in that case. Check power rail for +5VDC logic within a couple tenths of a volt and make certain AC ripple is well under a volt, or even less than half a volt, when the game is at operating temp.
*edit*
...or a cable problem.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I found a website that goes over some things to look for on the power supply when this happens. I will do some more investigating.

#518 8 years ago

got any good pics of the shipping damage?

2 weeks later
#519 8 years ago

can someone tell me the pinouts to the wire connector that goes to the backback gi relay? pix would be great as well.

#520 8 years ago

also, even if i put target setting at 0, it still always has the first 2 locks already lit upon game start. any other way to make it start out with no locks lit?

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

also, even if i put target setting at 0, it still always has the first 2 locks already lit upon game start. any other way to make it start out with no locks lit?

If multi-ball is earned under 16%, the game automatically qualifies the orange and white lock arrows. If the value is between 16% and 33%, this qualifies only the orange lock arrows. The system re-evaluates this every 10 games

Set the target percent option to "00" disables self percentaging.

#522 8 years ago

the above doesnt work, even with normal factory percentage on, i played 50 games in a row with glass off and got multiball each game. no change at all.

#523 8 years ago

I have rev 2 ROMs

IMG_20150921_204743814.jpgIMG_20150921_204743814.jpg

#524 8 years ago

ill check this one for code... and thx so much for the help.
display 1 says: 2006 rev 3
display 2 says: usa 31 mar 89

#525 8 years ago

You're welcome. I seem to be the only one out here at the moment. I just don't have any solid answers for you on the start percent issue. I'll have to go through all my settings one at a time and see how they compare first, thinking this is a software problem and not a hardware problem.

#526 8 years ago

The ramp flap is not complete on left ramp. Ball gets stuck sometimes between broken flap and ramp b alls enter to go into lock. When I install new flap, does flap 20150924_114355.jpg20150924_114355.jpggo OVER the next ramp OR UNDER the next ramp it goes to?20150924_114407.jpg20150924_114407.jpg

#527 8 years ago

Metal ramp flap sits over the plastic curved corner ramp.

1 month later
#529 8 years ago

I read real good and accidentally ordered a Bally Atlantis rubber kit instead of gottlieb. Anyone want to buy this thing off me?

10 months later
#530 7 years ago

Just became a member last night. Really enjoying this pin!

IMG_0560 (resized).JPGIMG_0560 (resized).JPG

IMG_0561 (resized).JPGIMG_0561 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#531 7 years ago

Just got mine two days ago.

IMG_20161009_102804034 (resized).jpgIMG_20161009_102804034 (resized).jpg

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

Quoted from Timerider:

Action Pinball sells them...
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS16
Or maybe give your general location and someone local can help you out.

It looks like John has them listed on his Ebay page though. Is the ROM file on IPDB the latest (Rev. 3) version? I have Rev. 2 as well and would like to upgrade.

ebay.com link: bally atlantis cpu rom set pinball

#533 7 years ago

Check out the thumbnail on the right hand side of the eBay screencap. It was the result of a search for "pinball cabinet decals".

Atlantis art must be "available" in the form of overseas, off-licence knockoffs--but I can't find them on eBay for the life of me. Maybe they are like those Mousin' Around decals from Serbia that appear once and a while...

Just have to catch them before they get pulled?

000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg

1 week later
#534 7 years ago

Can someone please post a pic of their center drain plug assembly, can't figure out how this is supposed to assemble... diagram isn't overly helpful.

IMG_0629 (resized).JPGIMG_0629 (resized).JPG

IMG_0628 (resized).JPGIMG_0628 (resized).JPG

#535 7 years ago

20161025_212118 (resized).jpg20161025_212118 (resized).jpg

#536 7 years ago

Thanks! That part is not listed in the diagram, the L-shaped bracket which sits between the two posts... I have the rest, just not that bracket....

Time to see what parts I can dig up...

1 week later
#537 7 years ago

If someone has insert decals for this pin can they please pm me. Thanks in advance.

4 months later
#538 7 years ago

I just became a member yesterday. I'm really looking forward to fixing up this game and getting it playing again!

Would anyone know where I could buy a new ramp flap from? Thanks!

IMG_3454 (resized).JPGIMG_3454 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#539 7 years ago

Would anyone have a rubber ring list for Atlantis?

#540 7 years ago

I missed the rubber list in the manual but have them on order now!

2 weeks later
#541 6 years ago

Hey all, fun group! Just became a member this weekend! Here she is. Spent the weekend shaking out a ramp microswitch wire that rattled loose on the drive back with the machine. Now it seems to be playing 100% except for some insert lights that will not light. The weird thing is that some of them flash in attract mode. One example is the left outlane special light which does not light in test mode, but it does light in attract mode but when the orange flashers are flashing (not when the inserts are flashing like it is supposed to be). Realy weird. Anyways, very happy to be a member. This game is awesome!

output (resized).jpgoutput (resized).jpg

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hey all, fun group! Just became a member this weekend! Here she is. Spent the weekend shaking out a ramp microswitch wire that rattled loose on the drive back with the machine. Now it seems to be playing 100% except for some insert lights that will not light. The weird thing is that some of them flash in attract mode. One example is the left outlane special light which does not light in test mode, but it does light in attract mode but when the orange flashers are flashing (not when the inserts are flashing like it is supposed to be). Realy weird. Anyways, very happy to be a member. This game is awesome!

Congrats. is an awesome game. For your weird lamp problem, this is what I'm thinking. The lamps are arranged in a biphase circuit that allows one set of circuitry to control 2 lamps. In the event that you see a lamp not working in test mode, it's possible that you see it turn on in attract mode because it's partner elsewhere is turning on attract mode. When you look at the controlled lamps, pay particular attention to brightness between lamps - if any are a little brighter than the others, that's a clue. In the single lamp test, make sure the proper lamp is coming on for each single lamp assignment. Great info on troubleshooting the biphase lamp circuit on pages 4-3 to 4-8 in the manual. Hope this helps!

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Congrats. is an awesome game. For your weird lamp problem, this is what I'm thinking. The lamps are arranged in a biphase circuit that allows one set of circuitry to control 2 lamps. In the event that you see a lamp not working in test mode, it's possible that you see it turn on in attract mode because it's partner elsewhere is turning on attract mode. When you look at the controlled lamps, pay particular attention to brightness between lamps - if any are a little brighter than the others, that's a clue. In the single lamp test, make sure the proper lamp is coming on for each single lamp assignment. Great info on troubleshooting the biphase lamp circuit on pages 4-3 to 4-8 in the manual. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! I will go through the manual procedure as you recommend. "Tough Dog" lamp issues. Lol!

#544 6 years ago

I finally got around to and finished my restoration this spring.Anyone at the Ohio show got to play the finished product.Bally Atlantis 007 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 007 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 063 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 063 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 241 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 241 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 250 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 250 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 206 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 206 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 265 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 265 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 260 (resized).jpgBally Atlantis 260 (resized).jpgatl (resized).jpgatl (resized).jpg

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I finally got around to and finished my restoration this spring.Anyone at the Ohio show got to play the finished product.

That looks absolutely unreal! Nice work! Did you put new cabinet decals?

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

That looks absolutely unreal! Nice work! Did you put new cabinet decals?

Yes , new cab decals.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Yes , new cab decals.

Awesome, I will have to keep an eye out for those. At some point, I would like to redo my PF and cabinet.

#548 6 years ago

Just got mine up and running. I have a couple of questions. The ball saver seems to be up most of the time. Is this correct? Also, when the ball lands in the up kicker for the right ramp/rail.. it sits there for almost a minute before it fires. Its almost like the ramp tries to reset... I dont know what the expected behavior is.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

Just got mine up and running. I have a couple of questions. The ball saver seems to be up most of the time. Is this correct? Also, when the ball lands in the up kicker for the right ramp/rail.. it sits there for almost a minute before it fires. Its almost like the ramp tries to reset... I dont know what the expected behavior is.

Have you tried a switch test to make sure your switch for the up-kicker/saucer registers? As far as the ball saver drain plug, mine is up and down with game play. Could be another switch issue...

#550 6 years ago

figured out my main insert lighting issue. the connector was connected to the wrong header location on the board. love easy fixes! now i just have a few bulbs out but at least the correct ones are trying to light now!

20170503_220331 (resized).jpg20170503_220331 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 865 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-ownerss-club-fans-welcome/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.