You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170708_150631 (resized).jpg
20170708_150635 (resized).jpg
20170708_150642 (resized).jpg
20170708_150711 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm currently looking after an Atlantis for a friend and have shopped out the playfield and mechanical bits to get it playing well, except for the center drain plug ( what's the correct name for this? ) which is giving me problems. The owner gave up on it a few years ago after spending time trying to make it reliable and just removed the 2 springs from the mechanism so it didn't pop up. The game plays completely differently when it's working so I'd like to sort it out. Those that are familiar with how these work, or at last how this one works, will know that a spring pops it up, a coil pulls it back down against the spring and a cam lock mechanism on the back locks it in the down position.

The cam lock is plastic and subject to wear and the combination of the correct 2 springs seems crucial to the success of the whole design. The cam on this machine doesn't look excessively worn but there must be just enough to make it unreliable. Spares don't seem to be available in the usual places. Others must have come across this problem with machines that have a similar mechanism, if so how have you sorted it?

Any help appreciated.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I can see spring tension being a big factor as I've already spent hours messing around with different springs ( originals are long gone. )

#5 9 years ago

Thanks wayout, I've contacted cattss13, awaiting a response.

2 years later
#7 6 years ago

Wow, old thread. Yes, I got it working 99% reliably by trying different spring tensions. I got to play it again recently ( I only had it for a few weeks 2 years ago to shop it ), awesome, fun machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-atlantis-center-drain-plug-problems?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.