After researching this Bally Atlantis peculiarity and finding no definitive answers, I found a remedy for ball lock(s) that are always lit (ramp down) at start of game and you want NO ball locks and ramp up at game start:
- Hit red test switch in coin door.
- Scroll through menu with either flipper button until "Game Status" is displayed.
- Press start button and scroll through Game Status file until "Clear Account" is reached.
- Set Clear Account to "Yes."
- Hit red test button, account will clear and for the next 50 games no ball locks and ramp will be up at start of game.
This resets the machine to game 1 of 50 and from the manual, page 2-16, item 5, the following will be applied:
"For the first fifty games, the player has to qualify for all orange, white, and yellow targets. Thereafter the game will check for the number of times Multi-Ball was earned. If this value is less than 16%, the game automatically qualifies the orange and white lock arrows. If the value is between 16% and 33%, it qualifies only the orange lock arrow. The system re-evaluates with every tenth game played."
If after 50 games enough Multi-Ball is not earned and ball locks / ramp down appear at start of game again and this is not desired, repeat above steps and Clear Account.