IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 9 years ago

I've been wondering how much Bally/Stern parts are interchangable - I know the boards are identical, but what about the pops, flippers, and slings mechs, for example? I too have been eyeing that Stern parts catalog, but it's hard to pay that much for info you're used to getting for free for other machines.

Marco has spoiled me on my other machines, it seems like little is linked to Seawitch and other classic Sterns in terms of these sorts of parts, even though I know that some common ones must be compatible.

1 year later
#268 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Looking for help with this today. I figured out which wires go where. Red and White go to GI, light blue goes to inserts, and Blue/white goes to flippers. Where would these go in the connector?
These are the diagrams I'm looking at but I'm still unsure how to read this. The schematic is not in the right order unless you go by the numbers in the box. Also with the two wires that go to the GI, which ones are the return and which are the "buss". When looking at a bulb socket, the red wire is attached to the bracket that's screwed to the playfield and the white wire is attached to the socket.
Untitled_(resized).png
2_(resized).png
My first impression is the red or white goes in the first hole and fifth hole. Then the blue/white goes in the 6th hole and the light blue goes in the 7th hole. Thanks.
Edit: I did test the pins on the board.

There's another page in the schematic for all the connectors. It will show the wires in order and each with a two digit number indicating the wire colors. There's a color key at the bottom. That should make it easier for you...

10 months later
#501 7 years ago

Anyone else notice that early SS Bally manuals never list the part numbers for the finned plastic posts? I was looking to see if I need the 1" or 1 3/16" posts for my machine and it looks like there's no documentation for any of them.

Obviously I can measure the ones on the game now, just thought it was strange when every other wire/post/target is documented.

2 weeks later
#524 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Anyone else notice that early SS Bally manuals never list the part numbers for the finned plastic posts? I was looking to see if I need the 1" or 1 3/16" posts for my machine and it looks like there's no documentation for any of them.
Obviously I can measure the ones on the game now, just thought it was strange when every other wire/post/target is documented.

Here's an original 1 3/16" post off a Black Jack next to a new Marco one. I know these fade, but were they originally anywhere near that shade of red? Would like to use replacements since so many originals have caked on rubber impervious to brushes and ultrasonic.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 99.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=westofrome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.