IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#651 6 years ago

I'm a glutton for punishment. If I were looking to build a Bally KISS from parts, are there certain machines I should be looking for when trying to locate a donor cabinet/harness? It would need to be a non-widebody with a transformer in the head, but were there any production differences in cabinets between the games in the AS-2518-XX run? What are the earliest and latest games I could consider using? Boards are not an issue, as I don't mind using repros.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

What? Crazy talk. Can't be done. And why would you want to anyways... (One instance of unobtanium there as well - the ball gates at the top of the playfield are oversized and only came on KISS and I believe Paragon. Exceedingly hard to find.)

Good to know about the "unobtanium" ball gates. Since the machine would be a Frankenstein anyhow, I wouldn't mind experimenting with gates that would work make do (more than likely wire gates like the longer ones at the shooter entrance) until originals could be found. All this is just a fact finding mission anyhow. I just came back from Allentown where trashed Bally games from this era were plentiful...and only upon my return did I explore building my own Kiss. It was a missed opportunity.

7 months later
#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

(One instance of unobtanium there as well - the ball gates at the top of the playfield are oversized and only came on KISS and I believe Paragon. Exceedingly hard to find.)

If anyone is looking, a set of these KISS and Paragon ball gates have popped up on eBay. Left and right sold separately (of course).

ebay.com link: KISS 1979 BALLY PINBALL MACHINE PLAYFIELD RIGHT TOP BALL LAUNCH METAL GATE

ebay.com link: KISS 1979 BALLY PINBALL MACHINE PLAYFIELD LEFT TOP BALL LAUNCH METAL GATE

As an aside, I was digging through a parts bin at a swap meet in the fall, and sure enough I was able to find a set of these. I wasn't specifically looking for them, but I knew what I was looking at when I picked up the left gate...and with a bit of frantic digging, the right was there, too.

1 month later
#836 6 years ago

I found these blank operator test game reports mixed in with my Harlem Globetrotters manual and schematics. Check out the groovy self-sealing envelope! I highly doubt that my HGT was a test game given its serial number.

20180201_151749 (resized).jpg20180201_151749 (resized).jpg

20180201_151810 (resized).jpg20180201_151810 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=spiroagnew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.