IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rocketfromtombs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 7 years ago

Well, I guess I am in this club. After being out of the hobby for 8 years or so, I'm getting back into pinball. Currently I have a Lost World and an Embryon (both projects) that qualify me for club inclusion. In the past I've had a few others - Mata Hari, Flight 2000, Space Invaders. And my want list includes a bunch of others - Xenon, Centaur, Catacomb, Fathom, Paragon, Meteor, Medusa, Black Pyramid... Between the machines I've had and those I've worked on for others, I'm pretty good with the solenoid driver boards, the light boards, transformer/rectifier boards, probably will be okay with sound boards. I haven't had great luck in the past with MPUs, but I've got three or four sitting around that had battery corrosion that I hopefully can get at least one good board out of for the Lost World. (I'll probably drop an Alltek into the Embryon.) I plan on picking up a programmer for EPROMs soon (I came across a stash of NOS 2716s at work that were about to be tossed) - any recommendations there? - I'll be using a slow old PC running Windows XP, as I've been running a Mac for a while.
I've ordered some stuff from GPE to get the Lost World up and running, minus the sound card. Don't have the right one, the one that was in the machine when I got it is a -51 with Mystic ROMs installed, and I don't think that works with this.
Anyway, I'll be popping up in here every now and then, and if I start any threads specific to a machine, I'll post a link here.

10 months later
#697 6 years ago

Replace BR2 on the rectifier board?

1 year later
#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm getting two blinks on powerup. I saw a little corrosion from the previous battery, so I removed the old socket, cleaned it up, put in a new socket, just in case. Still getting two blinks. OK, change the IC. Still two blinks. Grr, now what?

Do you have any sign of corrosion anywhere else on the board, particularly along the bottom near the reset section?

1 year later
#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Got in contact with swinks... I believe he is hinting at make reproductions of this part.

I contacted Swinks earlier this year about reproducing this part. I sent him an original to work from, and he finally received it a little over a week ago. So it's in the queue to get done...

2 weeks later
#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from RocketFromTombs:

I contacted Swinks earlier this year about reproducing this part. I sent him an original to work from, and he finally received it a little over a week ago. So it's in the queue to get done...

And today I got a surprise in the mail:
IMG_4115 (resized).JPGIMG_4115 (resized).JPG
IMG_4114 (resized).JPGIMG_4114 (resized).JPG

And here is one head trimmed from the little connector piece between them:
IMG_4117 (resized).JPGIMG_4117 (resized).JPG

I made a quick and dirty jig to support the kicker arm while I pounded out the roll pin and removed the old broken head. Then I put the new head on and pounded the pin back in. (I highly recommend using some sort of similar jig to support the kicker when you're pounding, and use the proper size center punch if you can!)
IMG_4122 (resized).JPGIMG_4122 (resized).JPG
IMG_4121 (resized).JPGIMG_4121 (resized).JPG
IMG_4123 (resized).JPGIMG_4123 (resized).JPG

And here it is all assembled:
IMG_4130 (resized).JPGIMG_4130 (resized).JPG
IMG_4124 (resized).JPGIMG_4124 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPGIMG_4128 (resized).JPG
IMG_4120 (resized).JPGIMG_4120 (resized).JPG

I sent some pictures and feedback to Swinks, and they are now available here:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksc-1062

Unfortunately, I am just starting a playfield swap, and won't be able to play test these for a while...
That said, the new kicker head seems to fit the same as the original, and I am very, very happy with how this turned out!

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Am I missing something. These are sold by PBR and Marco for half the price?

The Bally kicker heads have been “out if stock” for some time now. The last time I called in an order to PBR he said they were unavailable.

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Look upthread. Swinks(?) is making replacements now/soon.

Yes, he is. I am the person who approached him and asked him to do so. He sent me a pair to test out before he made them available to the public, and I got them a few days ago. They are now available here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/EYDX5QLAU/bally-sling-shot-arm-cover-plastic-c-1062-pair?optionId=156965939&li=shops

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rocketfromtombs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.