IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#422 7 years ago

Looks good. You have to get that bumper cap replaced though. Definitely not the one that came with the machine. I personally enjoy playing this pin but it doesn't get a lot of love due to those out lanes..... Once its dolled up with LED's it really sounds!!! Enjoy it.

#423 7 years ago

... It really shines!!

2 weeks later
#442 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Anyone got a AS-2518-35 MPU for sale?
Not working is OK. Let me know, thanks.

I have one i took out of my spy hunter, as i upgraded to an alltek unit. It worked fine. Email me if you are interested.

[email protected]

3 months later
#544 7 years ago

Quoted from Whysnow:anyone upgrade their speaker/s in some of these classic Bally games?
I love some of the classic sounds and would like them to be even better. Suggestions are appreciated.

Installed a Pinsound speaker in my Elektra.... Vibrates the whole room on loudest setting!! A little pricey but definitely cool.

7 months later
#741 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Hey, I just repinned my solenoid board and now it works. High five!

Small victories are awesome, aren't they!!

6 months later
#889 6 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The latest line-up with a few system 7s thrown in....

I so want a Paragon...... some day....... great collection!!

1 month later
#981 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Jus picked up a Kings of Steel. Game boots, Leds are right in cpu, everything works in test....cannot get it to start a game? It worked at the prior owners home. What am I missing?

Do you have the balls in the game? My Elektra is the same way......

4 years later
#3179 1 year ago

Working on a Embryon and it has sound issues and no flashers.

I’m thinking the MPU is the culprit with the sound. Boot up the game, and go into the settings to the sound test option, the displays are blank and no sounds. Connectors are good going to the MPU, J4, and J1 on the sound board. If I do a sound test from the sound board, they come through the speaker loud and clear.

I haven’t dealt with the flashers yet. I’m thinking I have to do tests at the expander board under the playfield and the red drop targets associated with it?

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Check that sol bank select goes to HIGH when sounds are playing and no solenoids twitch when sound should be playing. (bank select low = solenoid, bank select high = sound)
Check that every solenoid fires and in the correct order during test.
If solenoid test is 100% good and still no sound make sure the bank select is actually reaching the sound board. Make sure the 4049 on the sound board input signals is not blown out. With a logic probe you can check that the signals are inverted properly through the 4049. That chip being attached to the connector seems to lead to it being more often bad than others.
Make sure the sound board fully boots up. It has been a while, but I seem to remember if the sound board speech -5v is missing it fails the last power on self test, yet may still make noise from pushing the sound board test button.
Make sure the sound board EE jumpers are set right.
Rotate the PIAs on sound board. Try a new AY-3-8910 chip if used in that game (input signals go there).

Forgot to mention… I’m using good aftermarket boards…. Even tried my Alltek MPU and still get blank displays during the sound test #4 in the game test mode…. No numbers at all. It should show a sound associated with 01…. Nothing. Just blank. I’m stumped….

1 week later
#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hi fellow bally enthusiasts!
I’m in need of some parts to bring an Embryon that was parted out back to life
Can you guys please help me source some parts to buy?
Backbox Lamp/display panel (with or without harness)
Backbox harness
4 popbumper mechs
(1x) 3 bank drop target mech
(1x) 1 bank drop target mech
Plastic Posts, screws, mini posts
Yellow and red targets
Thank you for any help

Go check out Marco Specialties. And pinball life.

2 months later
#3320 1 year ago

Embryon issues

Looking for some advise as to what the issue might be….

Working on an Embryon, and the second to the left pop bumper was working for a few hits then dead, constantly doing this. So I change out the diode with a fresh 1n4004. Pop bumper works awesome!! Well, thought I was done and after a few games, other things started to crop up…knocker knocks frequently, only the far left pop bumper light comes on at the beginning of the game.

Now, before I added that diode, the pop bumper to the far right, occasionally, when I pressed on the skirt, would pop but some of the playfield insert lights would come on and off, as well. I didn’t mess with it, because it was working fine and it only did it a few times.

Those are my dilemmas, any help appreciated. I’m assuming some kind of matrix issue involved - there are still older diodes and capacitors lingering on other switches. Don’t know if that could be part of the problem…all I know is that the gremlins are getting me good this time!

#3322 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You need to start isolating when the issues occur and try to get more specific in your post. I can’t tell from your post which lights come on or when, and what issues have been resolved and which are still occurring. Perhaps let’s take them one at a time. Insert light issues are very likely going to be different from switch issues. So, is there a switch issue, and if so, what specific switch and what is happening? Let’s start with that. If we resolve it, we’ll move on to the lights.

So, initially I was getting a closed 5 switch(outhole) in the switch test. There’s two in the trough, the left one was stuck and broken…so I have another ordered to fix that error.

They asked me to fix one of the pops because it’s not activating when the ball hits the skirt. I continuously tapped on the skirt, and eventually it would start popping for 5/6 times until it was dead again. So, I figured, clean switch the contacts and change the diode. They were original and I had to get under the hood anyways, so I did that. Pop bumper works awesome now.

When I was tapping the other pops, I noticed the far right one would pop, but 7/8 insert lights would turn on and off at the same time. I found that odd…but it didn’t do it all the time.

So, I left the machine for the day, everything seemed to be working okay otherwise. Later that evening, they contacted me to let me know that the knocker was firing multiple times during a game and that the left pop bumper light was coming on and staying on, but the other 3 pops were not.

I’m waiting for video to see the issues, and I’m not going back for a couple weeks to attempt a fix. Figured rattling some other brains besides mine might help me get a better idea what’s up. I can’t imagine changing a diode would cause any of these issues but I’m open to all ideas.

Hope that clarifies the issues I’m looking to resolve….

Thank you for any help.

3 months later
#3446 1 year ago

Interesting situation going on my Embryon project. I installed my Alltek solenoid driver board to see what was going on….

So my flippers die out, and I went into solenoid test mode…as the solenoids fire off, things are fine until the right sling triggers, which then causes the right Outlane flipper to show a short, which causes the flippers to not work any longer….. interesting, right?

Thoughts, ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 179.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=metalkatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.