IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#770 6 years ago

I did something similar with my Lost World, only I cut a piece of plexi to fit in the "insert coin" window for the switch to mount to.

Anyone have an idea why my lost world boots with 40 credits added and the default high score all of a sudden? It just developed this problem out of the blue. Molex connectors are all new. It is kind of nice that it's essentially free play, but I would like to save the high score. Off board mounted batteries are fresh as well.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Check your switch settings on MPU relating to the 40 credit thing. I thought the max was 35??

If I recall, I think you can set it to 40, although I could be mistaken. I'll check the switches, but I'm not sure the issue is related to that. You can drain the credits playing games, but as soon as you turn it off/on, they reset to 40 and the high score gets wiped out. It's pretty odd.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Your onboard 5101 RAM should hold this data, assuming your battery is working. Using NVRAM allows you to remove batteries & still retain data.

I'll take a look at that. Thanks

2 months later
#832 6 years ago

That's interesting about the caps on the bumpers, as mine are clipped as well. Do you recall the value of the caps?

2 months later
#896 6 years ago

Had an issue crop up out of nowhere with my lost world. The left saucer, right pop bumper and B target switches stopped registering (switches 23, 31, 39). They are all on the same circuit it seems. I traced the wire back to the mpu and have no breaks, confirmed with a MM. All of the molex connectors were replaced in the last year. Any ideas of what to look for?

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Check the solder joints on the header pins?

Yep, solder joints are good

2 months later
#1028 5 years ago

Have an ongoing problem with my lost world. A while back, the B rollover, middle pop bumper and left saucer switches stopped working. In the midst of trying to figure it out, they started working again and i put aside trying to find the problem. Recently, they went back out. These are switches 23, 31 and 39 and are daisy chained together under the playfield. So far, I've reflowed solder on all pin connectors, crimped on new molex connectors and checked for continuity going from the switches to the back box and have found nothing. Any ideas where to look next?

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Have you checked the diodes on each switch? cleaned them and made sure they make good contact?

I'll try that and report back

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Have you checked the diodes on each switch? cleaned them and made sure they make good contact?

Unsoldered an end of each diode. They all checked out with a mm.

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

your MPU is in good shape? No corrosion?

Nope. Zero corrosion, no Cold solder joints that i could see.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Nope. Zero corrosion, no Cold solder joints that i could see.

With glasses and a glass, i couldn't see any. course, that doesn't mean they're not there. Reflowed the pin connectors all around, so hopefully i can rule them out

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

maybe this will help. would be where I would start if troubleshooting. There's a section on "row failure" that sounds like what you're experiencing.
http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/repair-guides/146-switch-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting

Thanks!

1 year later
#2148 3 years ago

Had the same issue. Cleaning up the shaft with a metal file did the trick.

4 months later
#2344 3 years ago

Anyone know off hand what size flipper coil sleeves Lost World uses? Marco doesn't have any listed and i don't have the manual nearby.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Bally OEM coil sleeves for Bally products are 1/2" X 1-11/16"
Wico #56-073400

Awesome, thanks.

4 months later
#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I am trying to figure out my sound issue on Lost World. I am getting very low audio from the speaker. You can hear the bonus countdown if the door is open and nothing else is making noise in the background.
I pulled the board and reflowed all of the solder joints on the headers. I was actually getting good voltages prior to this, but there were several cracked headers so it was needed. I also replaced both pots.
Reading through pinwiki I get good voltages at the + side of C17, U9 pin 2, .8V on R3 as mentioned, and all TP’s register proper values.
Anything else I can check out?

I had issues with my sound board when one of the electrolytic caps went bad. Recapped and all was fine.

3 months later
#2637 2 years ago

I'll be damned. I thought I just had to live with the hum. Worked like a charm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

£ 195.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 959.00
$ 169.00
$ 99.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.