IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2504 3 years ago

I would use a rotary tool sander. Most new playfields need holes carefully cleaned out with a drill. Ron K sells a kit. Picture of 32 Seawitch in production. After cnc I prep them by numerous rotary tool attachments to clean up the cuts for lenses or GI & target banks, etc.

IMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0142 (resized).JPG
#2508 3 years ago

I keep spare parts from junked Bally games from years ago. Seen the same repair previously from operators.

10 months later
#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My Flash Gordon has hinges in the same direction. I'm not sure my Skateball has any hinges.
My Fathom has hinges in the opposite direction as well...wasn't sure if this was normal or not but it sounds like an operator request or install?

I have seen hinges on Frontier. Also saw many Bally pins with hinges that you could not slide the head off.

3 months later
#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Well, that's too bad but not totally unexpected. I'm seeing several different prices for what appears to be the same thing: a replacement AS-2518-18 board. When I see this I assume the components are the reason. Any recommendations here?
And thank you very much for your help on this!

If it was me I would ask the local guys if they had a free original varo bridge rectifier. Easy to de solder & replace with a old original. I have many over the years & more from new board installs where the originals were extremely bad shape. I also just give away a little heat sink compound (white) since I have a large tube still going on 20+ years.

IMG_0331 (resized).JPGIMG_0331 (resized).JPG
#3077 1 year ago

Yes all the new replacements are good if you do not mind doing the work for wires or doing a bare board. Over the hundreds of Bally & Stern pinball machines I have worked on. I look to see what option is the best for service of the old power systems.

#3100 1 year ago

Bally used cardboard fuse holders under the playfield which might need to be replaced. Also I have seen fuse clips become loose & just need to be squeezed closed a bit. Just had a Vector that would go dead during game play & needed it sqeezed.

10 months later
#3566 1 year ago

Just finished repairing & cleaning up a Cybernaut. A old guy died & the people looking to cover some funeral expenses unloaded the pin to the operator. Came out of a basement, & they decided to cut the wiring harness to the displays. One bad display, all rubbers bad & some missing. Wrong fuses, most of the lights burned out, & never cleaned in years. The operator is going to put it next to Vector on his mall arcade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.