IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider farlander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Speaking of Globetrotters, I have a question about one. I purchased the replacement MPU board (mine was missing.) When I turn it on after a couple of days, it seems to start up correctly. I get a click from the solenoid board around the 4th flash of the MPU board LED, then I get a second click a couple seconds later when the MPU LED gets to the 6th flash and the MPU LED stays on dimly (normal for the new MPU board)
What is weird is that after a couple of minutes, when power cycling, the first click happens and then everything stops - the MPU LED is solid on with just 4 flashes. I don't get any more flashes or a second click. I'm not sure what is clicking or if that is a symptom or the problem. Does anyone know what to check? I could send the MPU board back for testing but I suspect its somewhere else, something that warms up and stops working, just not sure what to look for. I have replaced C23 on the solenoid board but thats all so far.
Mark

The "clicking" you hear is a relay or two coming on to provide power to other parts of the machine. This is perfectly normal.

The LED flashes have a meaning. For an OEM board, see attached:

MPU Test (resized).jpgMPU Test (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuckles37:

I apologize in advance if these questions aren't in the right place, or if I just need to dig around on pinside more to find the answers, but I am a complete noob to pinball. I've had my Lost World for a few days now, and I have a few questions:
1. Any recommendations on a good site to order replacement light bulbs? I need to replace a handful of burned out ones.
2. Any good recommendations for cleaning a dirty playfield? It seems like there are a lot of differences depending on the age of the machine.
3. The light inside the left slingshot goes out every time the flipper is pressed. Is this just a loose connection or something on the board?
4. Several of the lights in the playfield (extra ball, in lane bonus indicator) only work occasionally. Any idea what might cause those issues?
I appreciate any responses and I'll continue to look around Pinside for answers. I'm not looking to flip this game, I'd just like to know what sorts of things you'd do after buying a game to get it looking and playing well. Thanks.

For #2, I too recommend looking at Vid's gude (especially before I tried Windex, alcohol, battery acid or what have you...) :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide
For #3 & 4, check out Clay's Guide. Scroll down to the "Fixing Lamp Sockets" section:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#connect
In almost all occasions, this is much easier than replacing the socket, and might actually last longer. Seriously, it works like a charm!
It looks something like this:

gtblamp1 (resized).jpggtblamp1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 10.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider farlander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=farlander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.