IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2093 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2852 (resized).JPG
IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2849 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canadianpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Anyone have a red paint match for Viking cabinet?

Molotow Signal Red

1 month later
#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Anyone have a spare transformer/rectifier laying around? Bought a frontier without a head key and was surprised to find mine missing once I drilled the lock at home... [quoted image]

Keep your eyes open, these are getting harder to find. E122-125 is what you are looking for in regards to the transformer, harness and rectifier are easily purchased.

3 weeks later
#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I needed to replace a U2 chip in the MPU as I broke off a leg on the original chip. I bought this chip set and replaced both U2 and U6.
ebay.com link » Bally Flash Gordon Pinball Mpu 35 Chip Set
The game wouldn't boot. I replaced the new U6 with the original U6, and in the process broke a leg on the new U6 (I know, I suck at removing ICs). Boots up fine.
I asked the seller to replace the U6 chip, since it didn't work and he did so without hesitation. I tried the second new U6 chip and it still won't boot. I just get a flicker on the MPU, then nothing. Replaced with the original U6 chip and it works fine. I specified 2532 EPROMs for direct replacement without jumpering.
Any thoughts on why the new U6 chip won't work? I have no way to test the chip.Auction is for 2732, did you actually receive 2532?

3 months later
#1643 4 years ago

My game boots up into audit mode all of a sudden. Sometimes it gets as far as the light test other times it's the displays. Should I suspect the coin door audit button/switch?

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

unplug mpu j3, the lower right plug, and see if it still does it. If it stops the switch is closed or the wire going to MPU J3 Pin is getting grounded. If the problem persists something is wrong on the MPU.
Also Stern games will boot to test mode if all dip switches are set to OFF.</blockquote

It was a MPU problem, I burnt a new set of ROMS and all is good

1 month later
#1684 4 years ago

hobbyroms.com

5 months later
#1974 3 years ago

The factory had an EK cab lying around

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

That makes sense. It why wouldn’t they just put it below the first one??

Factory doesn't stamp the cabs, the outsourced builder does.

2 weeks later
#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks, I see where I screwed up. The two wires I thought. Now I’ve got other problems coils aren’t working now. Fuses are good too. Damn might of messed something else up.

Check the fuse under the playfield

1 month later
#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

So why are there two numbers stamped on the head?
I know what the top one is, and it matches the cab and boards.
The lower one is not a sequence I’ve ever seen before.
[quoted image]

Either an OP had their own serial numbers or the factory used an existing head and redid it as a Fathom

1 year later
#2867 2 years ago

Had a local pinhead 3d print them, worked out well and 2 years later they are fine. Use them on my Firepower

IMG_20200109_145216 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_145216 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_145222 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_145222 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_145238 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_145238 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canadianpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=canadianpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.