IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thrillhouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#685 6 years ago

If you cut some tinfoil or similar material about an inch wide and wrap it around the base of the mech it will effectively shim the bottom of the targets to playfield level. I did that on both of my bally's after the playfield protector was causing stuck balls.

2 weeks later
#703 6 years ago

I had a quick question: On my Lost World I have a remote battery pack but no batteries installed while im repairing the boards. I loaded some credits into it to play test and when I power cycle the credits remain on the machine. As the game is new to me and the seller knew nothing about it is it normal for the credits to stay in the memory or is there an nvram installed?

#708 6 years ago

Thanks all for the response. Im not seeing any nvram or cap so I think this is just like what a few of you are saying and that there is some residual memory left on the chip for a bit. The mpu will be out of the machine for another 3-4 days so I'll see what happens.

1 month later
#722 6 years ago

I'm getting alot of feedback from my speaker when the displays switch back and forth in attract mode and a constant buzzing also. It got much louder after I had replaced C23 & C26 on my SDB. I tried adjusting both pots on the sound board to no effect. Anyone have any idea on where to get started?

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Try removing the ground screws on the soundboard and see if that helps.

Removed the left side screw on the soundboard and its quiet as a mouse. Thanks for the help!

4 months later
#812 6 years ago

Does the game start when you manually add a credit? If yes there's an additional dip switch (#30?) In the settings that needs to be turned off for free play to work if I remember correctly.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#829 6 years ago

There's a tilt switch on the bottom of the playfield that may be set a little to conservatively. Try opening it up and see if your tilts go away, vibration from the coils firing may be causing the issue. Most switches will have the caps on them that have long failed and cause funny behavior which is why they are clipped or removed. They are pretty cheap, I would replace those and the spoons on the pops at the same time. The game will work just fine with the caps removed/clipped though.

1 month later
#852 6 years ago

Anyone have a 2518-54 rectifier board they'd like to sell or a link for a good price on a new one?

1 week later
#861 6 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

barakandl, are you ever going to offer a -54 rectifier board? Your -18 board is awesome.
The -54 board is fairly straight-forward to rebuild if it isn't burned up.

Agreed that -18 board Andrew makes is awesome and a breeze to put together. I'd be in for a pair 54's if they do get made.

5 months later
#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Asked on the Seawitch thread but haven't gotten any replies yet...
My middle drop target bank is sitting about 1/16" above the playfield and causing massive airballs. I don't see an adjustment on the Stern banks like the bally's have. Is there a way to adjust the drop target height that I'm missing or do I have to shim the whole mech? They appear to be the original drops but I'm not positive.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can use some washers and folded tinfoil to shim your mech as much as you need. Buy a pack of #8 washers from your local hardware store and lay one next to your targets when their in the down position to see how much of a gap remains. If the washers are not tall enough to bridge the height of the target then add layers of folded foil until it matches what you need. If the washers are to tall use lengths of folded foil to match. The mech will have 4 screws holding it to the playfield. Place the washers/foil in between the mech and the playfield at the mounting points to properly have it lay flush.

6 months later
#1525 5 years ago

The S33 switch on my mpu doesn't work and I want to change some sound settings on my medusa. According to the schematic there are only 2 points for the switch on the mpu but looking at back side of the board there are 4. Does anyone know what 2(?) points I would bridge to bypass the switch?

Screenshot_20190404-003617 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190404-003617 (resized).png

7 months later
#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Isn't there a new MPU replacement board out there that custom ROM can be used with? Alltek are definitely out, and so are Weebly board right?

Check w barakandl but the weebly mpu's do have an extra socket to run external roms

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haverhill, MA
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thrillhouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=Thrillhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.