IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippersaurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#343 7 years ago

I just picked up my first two AS-2518 games and have a few noob questions. I've always had NIB till now, so I'm new to restoring/fixing older games.

1. Is the battery soldered on? Or does it just seem that way from the leakage, corrosion?

2. Does it require a battery to run? Or, can I take it out for now and just not worry about saving scores and such?

I ask because I have a Xenon that the last owner says worked fine, but hadn't turned it on in a while, and now it doesn't start up. I can see the battery is old and a little leaky.

#348 7 years ago

A few pics of my SBM playfield. Can I get rid of that black swirly cloud looking stuff? Not sure whether to try and restore it at all, or just try and stop the wear and tear. Any thoughts?

SMB_playfield_(resized).JPGSMB_playfield_(resized).JPG

SBM_close_up_playfield_wear_(resized).JPGSBM_close_up_playfield_wear_(resized).JPG

#352 7 years ago

I have a -54 rectifier board that reads 3.8VDC at TP1. It should be ~6.5VDC. But on the other boards, my 5VDC test points seem fine. Should I be concerned?

#354 7 years ago

With the connector to the playfield disconnected, I still get 3.8VDC. So that points to BR1 or maybe a bad solder joint or something?
Somewhere, I saw a guide to replacing bridge rectifiers. I'll look into it and post what I find. Thanks for the help.

1 week later
#357 7 years ago

6.5 degree pitch for these old Bally's?

The two I bought were at around a 3 degree pitch, I raised it some right away. Now, I need new levelers on one to go any further. I was just wondering if 6.5 is standard for all games from all eras? Or, what?

#361 7 years ago

Ya, I guess I'll play around and see what works for me.

Quoted from dothedoo:

All of my early SS games are set at 5.5 to 7 degrees. All of them. I may be a little aggressive on a couple of them....Xenon and Meteor come to mind, but these two are normally easy games and now they are very challenging and have that 'one more game' appeal.

I imagine the ball my not land in the saucers as easily on Xenon with a higher pitch. That may be a limiting factor.

2 weeks later
#377 7 years ago

Anyone know of a guide to re-pinning/re-working the connectors?

#386 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Redoing connectors will be next after replacing many light sockets, which comes after building a playfield rotisserie.

3 months later
#507 7 years ago

Is there a way to stand up the playfield in the game on these old Ballys? Right now all I can do is prop up the playfield like a car hood. I'd like to open it further like the way the new Sterns do. Where the playfield leans against the back box. I have a few repairs that I think I could do without taking the playfield all the way out. The games in question are Xenon and Silverball Mania. Do most people just remove the playfield from the cabinet when working on the underside?

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There should be notches in the slide rails for you to stand it up on, then lean against the head.

Thanks! The right side is a notch, the left is more of a step with a drop off on one side. I saw those before and thought they might be used for that. But when I tried it I got resistance and so I backed off. Turns out the wiring is a little tangled and that's the resistance I felt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 12.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippersaurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=Flippersaurus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.