IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#877 6 years ago

Hello everyone. I'll chime in.

I have a Meteor, Kings of Steel, Harlem Globetrotters, and just got a Six Million Dollar Man. Great to see a group around these machines!

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

1. Typical slope for this era was 5.5 to 6.0 degrees, but don't take that as gospel. Set it where you like it best.

I'll second this. I never actually checked my slope until recently, I just put it where it felt good. Recently got an angle app for my phone and checked. They were all nearly spot on 6 degrees. I have however seen in one of my manuals, either Harlem Globetrotters or Six Million Dollar Man, it was set at 3.5 degrees from the factory. I don't know if that is what they recommended or if it was just their default back then.

1 month later
#974 5 years ago

Can any MPU gurus out there confirm something for me? I'm working on a -17 and having trouble getting it to boot. Should pins 15 and 16 have continuity on U1-U6? Every socket has continuity between 15-16. This normal for a -17?

Thanks

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

no. all data pins should be isolated always everywhere on the MPU. You have a short somewhere. Double check your previous rework everywhere D5 and D6 butt up next to each other.

Strapped for 2732s, removed U1-U6 sockets, put in new U2 and U6. Followed traces down to U11 so I replaced U11 too and she's booting fine now. Never saw the actual issue but removing those sockets and cleaning did the trick.

Thanks

1 year later
#1965 4 years ago

Anyone need a Mr&Mrs PacMan bumper cap? It's not perfect but it's real nice. All mounting tabs are intact. I have no use for it. If you have the game and you need one, send me your address and I'll send it out.
IMG_5129 (resized).jpegIMG_5129 (resized).jpegIMG_5130 (resized).jpegIMG_5130 (resized).jpeg

Added over 4 years ago:

** Cap has been claimed!

#1966 4 years ago

Not sure if this is the proper place for this, but I am looking for an original masked rom E-740-16. Strikes and Spares U2.

I have a burner and could burn and strap the board for 2372s but it's a nice clean original board and I'd like to have original ROMs.

Let me know if you have one and what it would take to get it to me.

Thanks!

1 month later
#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Got a local friend wanting to trade me his Stern Wild Fyre (mostly working) for my William's Stellar wars (fully working) condition is pretty much the same on both machines. I know how to work on machines and he doesnt.
Value seems to be pretty similar. Thoughts?

I own both machines. In my opinion Wild Fyre has more unique gameplay, while stellar wars as you know is a wide body, but feels like a big Flash, which I also own. Another opinion of mine, Williams sound has always been the best once they got a few solid state machines under their belt. I'd say if they are in comparable condition the value is probably close. Early Sterns are starting to earn a bit more respect in the pin world lately though. Not much help maybe but I do enjoy both machines. Because I own a flash I could see my Stellar Wars (or vice versa; Flash) going away while I kept my Wild Fyre.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Crystal Lake, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=Chisel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.