IMG_2446 (resized).png
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1847 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1849 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2088 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigAl56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3444 1 year ago

Up until recently I had serial #4 Muthaboard installed in my Power Play. It too quit after 25 years and has been replaced with B&I board. Not sure why you would want to disable the tunes but yep, there's a switch setting for that.

2 weeks later
#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

So my flippers die out, and I went into solenoid test mode…as the solenoids fire off, things are fine until the right sling triggers, which then causes the right Outlane flipper to show a short, which causes the flippers to not work any longer….. interesting, right?

Check the sling shot coil assembly. They tend to work loose from the playfield and can touch the bare switch wires that cross under.

1 month later
#3481 1 year ago

Bad connection @j4. 4.2v is too low for the board to boot.

3 weeks later
#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Is your game's plug properly grounded? If the outlet grounded? Sounds like the whole game may be floating. :/

Here is a simple test. Plug an ordinary outlet tester into the service outlet. It will tell you right away if there is an issue with ground and polarity.

20221210_110900 (resized).jpg20221210_110900 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

just pulled a Baby Pac from a garage, and the humidity has completely destroyed the plastic #555 sockets. Yoppsicles won’t work in baby pac, so any other ideas? So far my options are to replace with Bally bayonet sockets (pulled off old games, or replace with Stern-Style stick leds (comet sells them under the matrix category) which include a diode. Thoughts?

I think someone is working on a circuit board LED replacement for BPM similar to the one available for MMPacman?

1 month later
#3613 11 months ago
Quoted from Bally_Fireball:

A question about #197 Future Spa - I'm reassembling after a wholesale basement rearrange. On the Rectifier I have three cables. Two go to J3 (in two pieces) but where does the other one go? J1 or J2? Or am I missing something?

If J3 is in two pieces it may have overheated and broke in half.

Always match up the keys. If keys are missing beware! Follow Quench's diagrams carefully.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#3629 10 months ago

Dimming lights coupled with flipper flipping is a common issue with Bally games. There are a few things to check,

EOS switches should be opening at about 80% of stroke.
Flippers in need of rebuild.
Transformer is optioned for low line, 115v in 120v region.

You cannot eliminate the problem entirely but doing the above can minimize it.

Added 9 months ago:

Sorry, I had it backwards as far as the transformer goes. If the transformer is optioned for high line -120v and your line voltage is actually 115vac that would reduce output voltages and cause power issues.

1 month later
#3652 8 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

Yesterday I turned on my Paragon got a few flips in and then something popped. Now I'm only getting 6 flashes so I'm attempting to troubleshoot this and would like a little confirmation I'm chasing this down the right way.

No 7th flash usually means you have no solenoid volts and F4 blew. Replace the fuse and check your flipper EOS switches for proper adjustment.

1 week later
#3674 8 months ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Friend of mine has a Centaur that random started giving 5 balls per game.

I assumed it was a trough issue as I know things can get weird on that game if the trough switch gets confused but I guess it’s counting balls played to 5 on the back box. His friend switched the mpu out with an altek and the issue carried over on that mpu as well.

I was about to say that maybe the game is set to award free balls and he's hitting a scoring threshold and winning two more balls? But you do say the BIP counter is advancing to ball 5. Number of balls is controlled by DIP switches 31 and 32. Perhaps switch 31 is dirty? Have your friend flip those switches back and forth a few times to clean them internally. Be careful on Alltek boards as the diode numbers next to the switches are often confused for the switch number. 31 and 32 should be the top two switches.

4 months later
#3721 4 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What can I do to keep drop targets from resetting to high.

A common problem from that era as there was a defect in the die Bally used to stamp out that part of the frame.
The factory fix was to install a thin breaking rod through the side holes in the target frame. This dampens the upward travel of the target bracket.

#3725 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a Kiss and the wire ball guide above the flipper for the inlane keeps coming out. What is the better way to fix this?

I use epoxy to hold the wireform in place. Something to try before going to more extreme measures.

#3726 4 months ago
Quoted from MR-808:

I sometimes get a loud buzzy sound when I turn on my Paragon

Try 'floating' the sound board by disconnecting it from the metal brackets. If that solves the problem secure it with insulating washers and screws so it's not making electrical contact with the grounded frame of the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#3735 3 months ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I have a Skateball issue I can't figure out. the flippers are all weak,

Common causes for weak flippers and dimming lights when flipping,
* Misadjusted or miswired EOS switches - including lower flipper dual-EOS not properly adjusted break/make
* Transformer optioned for high line in a low-line location
* Time for a rebuild.

1 week later
#3759 3 months ago

Book shows its part number A-613-89. However that part seems to be hard to find. You can probably substitute A-613-115 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-613-115.

2 weeks later
#3799 79 days ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

The credit/ball count (only ball shows since it’s on free play) was pulsing and would count 1,2,3 and not it does 0,2,3 but also flickers. I pulled the plug and cleaned the pins, but still flickers.

If the other displays are good I would try resoldering the display's connector pins.

3 weeks later
#3839 58 days ago

Cabinet Speckling was done at Bally early on in the Solid State era. I think Evel was the last game that had it.

#3848 57 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

My original Paragon also has the speckling

First 300 games, SNs 1000-1300, were pilot runs for dealers to test and to gage potential sales. It's not unusual to find non-standard features on these games. I had a production Paragon in my collection for a long time and do not remember it being speckled but it's entirely possible it was done in early pilot runs.

Speckling added another expense and step in the manufacturing process and as it did not translate into increased cashbox earnings it was a prime target for cost cutting which is why I do not recall it showing up in any production games post EK.

1 month later
#3879 15 days ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Has anyone stenciled over gold metallic rustoleum speckling?

The cabinet should sanded down completely to bare wood and as smooth as possible for the Pimps stencils to work properly. The few times I've had stencil fail was because I did not follow this advise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigAl56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club?tu=BigAl56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.