(Topic ID: 242297)

Bally AS-2518-51 Sound Board Strangeness..

By Coyote

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

I’ve had to fix a few of these sound cards now. First one was in a gold ball. Recently did another in a Grand Slam that I’m rebuilding. There are a couple variations of this card. Main difference are the way the traces are routed on the back. One of those has traces close to the mounting holes. Was frustrating on the Grand Slam since the board was repaired on the bench but would fail after installing. That is when I found the two variations. The version with the traces close to the mounting hole can short on the mounting tabs and either prevent some or all sounds or even damage parts.

On these boards I have had to replace one of the 8910 chips and on another one of the 6810 chips, PIA, and DIP sockets. Also check for tarnished leads on the ROM chip.

4 weeks later
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

have you still got the grand slam there? im looking for the u4 rom image if you could possible copy it? doesnt seem to be in mame or online from what ive seen so far

It is online. If you download the pinmame ROM set off IMDb.org it is in there as ROM U4.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

on nice ..right in front of me and i missed it .. thanks

We've all done that before! Everyone pitches in to help though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-51-sound-board-strangeness?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.