Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daveashsr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

hi guys I have a dolly parton pinball and when I connect the speaker (was disconnected ) I get a high pitch squeal only ! I can turn the volume down to a hum ! have tried another speaker already ! is there a way to test and repair it ?
thanks David

#2 8 years ago

Wrong forum. Us EM guys would not know about such new fangled things.

#3 8 years ago

I have moved this thread to early SS, sounds like a cap is out of order. Check for loose or broken connections.

#4 8 years ago

I repair these sound boards if you need help.

For repair info, check Oliver Okaegi's website for a nice write up. Check the Ballly 560-3 repair manual for repair info as well.

Best guess is caps in the amplifier circuit, could start with resoldering the connector and consider replacing the caps. Specially the small value electrolytics. If that doesnt fix it you might need a scope or you go whack-a-mole on the amp circuit.

#5 8 years ago

there are some pots that control sustain and something else (I have a dolly too, but am at work) make sure someone wasn't fiddling with those

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

there are some pots that control sustain and something else (I have a dolly too, but am at work) make sure someone wasn't fiddling with those

That is true.

I think if you get the sustain pot all the way one direction it makes a constant pitch noise that never turns off.

#7 8 years ago

thanks for thr replys will ck all out ! thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-32-sound-board-testing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.