Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
bally_(resized).jpg
1_(resized).png
20160330_215122_(resized).jpg
Bally_Apron_02_(resized).jpg
pf2_(resized).jpg
Gorgar_flyer_(resized).png
IMG_0166_(resized).jpg
20160207_122027_(resized).jpg
Photo_16-01-08_11_52_51_(resized).jpg
s-l1600_(resized).jpg

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can't make aprons from scratch, but you are allowed to restore any existing ones.
I can't recreate your EBD playfield from scratch, but I can restore all the artwork for you on the one you already own....

You cannot make a decal or sticker with the Bally logo on it. That was my point. The behind the scenes on this has been going on for years and Jeff (Classic Arcades) does not give a crap and takes people money and knows it. And the people who sell is garbage also knows it. They should see jail time in Toluca, Mexico

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDave:

The apron decals from Pinball Rescue are of top quality. Unfortunately, no more Bally/Wms from them!

Yes, this sucks. Pinball Rescue was legit.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

You cannot make a decal or sticker with the Bally logo on it.

I made a ton of these at work.

I stick them on everything I see, especially when ordering at a drive-thru.

bally_(resized).jpg

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

bally_(resized).jpg

Wish I could find a few of those.

#105 4 years ago

I'd be down for hardbody

#106 4 years ago

You know I'm down to reproduce artwork as well. These older aprons would be a breeze.

You've seen my work, right Merf?

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can't make aprons from scratch, but you are allowed to restore any existing ones.

You could just run it like BGResto and get people to send you the apron for "restoration", and you send them back a "restored" apron.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

bally_(resized).jpg

Oh now come on....Sell it ..You know what I am saying....Vid..

#109 4 years ago

Embryon is a unique apron with the flip save light on the right. With the right know how the graphic around that light can be superimposed on the more standardized apron of the wide bodies.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You could just run it like BGResto and get people to send you the apron for "restoration", and you send them back a "restored" apron.

My earlier post was either deleted or did not go through from my phone:

www.apronresto.com

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Also, I wonder if Future Spa was originally going to be Logan's Run, since the L-O-G-A-N-S-R-U-N letter spotting would be exactly the same

You know, I was thinking much the same thing the first time I saw the backglass. Reminded me of Logans Run. I used to love that movie as a kid. There is no Sanctuary.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

What kind of price range do you think a new formed and silkscreened apron would be?

Probably similar to what High Speed and TOTAN were, in the $100-150 range depending on the amount of colors, number of units made, complexity of the apron, and licensing rights if they are made from scratch.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's not as simple as it sounds. The aprons are silk screened with individual colors. In order to do it properly each color needs to be registered against the last. As mentioned before it takes about as much time and effort to do one apron as it does to do 10+ due to the setup times. Doing one at a time is an option, but the labor it takes would make the price increase dramatically unless they could be done in batches.

eg. Merf's Pins has a wish list of games. When 10 or more orders are reached everyone sends in that specific game and a notice is put out for anyone else interested to get it in by a cutoff time. The owner would need to know it may take one month turn around from the time they shipped the apron out from the time they receive it back. If the apron is only being restored any heavy scratches, dents, may remain under the powdercoat since it cannot be bondoed over. That said if many aprons are the same we may have extras from other games we could strip and send back in cases of severely damaged aprons received.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

As mentioned before it takes about as much time and effort to do one apron as it does to do 10+ due to the setup times.

I think you're missing my point. Don't restore old aprons, make new ones but make people send in their old ones to sell the lie that you're restoring them.

So feel free to make 10+ aprons and have them in stock for when someone sends one in for restoration. But to avoid legal issues you can't just sell reproduction aprons without a "core".

#116 4 years ago

Matt, I know you already have the artwork for Medusa and Flash Gordon, do you still plan on using those?

#117 4 years ago

Merf what happened to the Funhouse apron you were supposedly in process of making way back when. I am in dire need for a. Ew apron and my plunger cover is broken also. Not happening now?

1 week later
#118 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Matt, I know you already have the artwork for Medusa and Flash Gordon, do you still plan on using those?

Yes, chances are Flash Gordon will be the first game we start with for apron restorations.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Merf what happened to the Funhouse apron you were supposedly in process of making way back when. I am in dire need for a. Ew apron and my plunger cover is broken also. Not happening now?

Once I hit a high enough interest number I will start with pre-orders on Funhouse.

#120 4 years ago

Still down to send in 2 paragon aprons

3 weeks later
#121 4 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Yes, chances are Flash Gordon will be the first game we start with for apron restorations.

Any update on when you will start Merf?

#122 4 years ago

Put me in for a skateball

Thanks!!

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Any update on when you will start Merf?

I have the powdercoat matched for Flash Gordon. I'll be reviewing the sample tomorrow.
Merf is about 2 weeks away from getting the screens.

#124 4 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#125 4 years ago

Any chance you'll be doing the stencil for 8 ball deluxe?

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I have the powdercoat matched for Flash Gordon. I'll be reviewing the sample tomorrow.
Merf is about 2 weeks away from getting the screens.

I'd like to know how this turns out. Need to do my FG also.

1 week later
#127 4 years ago

Red samples of the powdercoat look good! I'm waiting to order powder until Merf has his screens done.

When ready, a ship-to address will be provided to the people that expressed interest. We'll put a deadline to get your aprons and shooters shipped in before we close the window.

Stay tuned...

3 weeks later
#129 4 years ago

I vote for Old Chicago.
Too bad about Pinball rescue bailing on Bally stuff. I bought a Gottleib apron decal & it was sweet..

#130 4 years ago

CENTAUR!

#131 4 years ago

Motion seconded!

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any chance you'll be doing the stencil for 8 ball deluxe?

Same stencil as Flash Gordon (I think)

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Motion seconded!

Threepeat

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Red samples of the powdercoat look good! I'm waiting to order powder until Merf has his screens done.
When ready, a ship-to address will be provided to the people that expressed interest. We'll put a deadline to get your aprons and shooters shipped in before we close the window.
Stay tuned...

Still tuned in

1 week later
#135 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I vote for Old Chicago.
Too bad about Pinball rescue bailing on Bally stuff. I bought a Gottleib apron decal & it was sweet..

Another vote for OC

2 weeks later
#136 4 years ago

Updates?

2 weeks later
#138 3 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe, Eight Ball Deluxe, Eight Ball Deluxe...

#139 3 years ago

I am interested in an EBD apron.

#140 3 years ago

Inquiring minds need to know.....

#141 3 years ago

I am definately in for a Viking!

#143 3 years ago

Did anyone ever make cabinet decals for the Bally machines rather than having to deal with the paint and decal stencil kits?

#144 3 years ago

I found a old Bally machine where one side of cabinet has some scrapes and right rail needs to be replaced.

Trying to see if there were any Bally cabinet decals made or if it will need to be re painted?

#145 3 years ago

You will need to paint.

#146 3 years ago

Still interested. Mata Hari, Strikes and Spares, Power Play and Fireball II..........

#147 3 years ago

If/when you repop early Bally SS aprons, please consider making them of a slighter thicker metal, like early Williams SS aprons. I have yet to see a Bally apron that wasn't deformed slightly in some way, and they just don't feel capable of holding the weight of the playfield when raised by them. (I know they ARE capable, they just feel like tissue paper)

#148 3 years ago

I may see if I can get licensed with these and start producing them again.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

I may see if I can get licensed with these and start producing them again.

Yes please do Jeff!

#150 3 years ago

C'mon Jeff, Centaur Apron please!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside