Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm working on this Bally 1965 Blue Ribbon machine, and something is causing the anti cheat relay to stop it's hold. Also, I believe this relay is causing the machine to not complete its start up sequence. If I set this particular relay by hand, I can pull the reset bank and the machine starts fine. Also, once the ball is in play, something will randomly trigger the anti cheat to disengage and the game goes dead.
When trying to start the game normally with the start button, it reminds of bumping a car ignition that has a distributor... There's a brief bump but no hard start.
Any ideas what things could be related to this relay not functioning properly?

#2 10 years ago

bad relay? low voltage (meaning loss of hold current) at relay?
does it trigger if you tap it with a screwdriver handle?

#3 10 years ago

Try cleaning the hold switch on the relay. Also ohm it out with a dmm and see if its gone south

-Jeff

#4 10 years ago

Check slam switches; one on coin door and one on cabinet bottom to the right of the cash box. Both are normally closed switches. Be sure the contacts are firmly closed and clean.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, it will trigger and hold if it is manually bumped. I think I will test and see what the voltage is since it seems to disengage far too easily.
Also, I think I've checked all of the slam switches and they seem to be fine. My first thought was that the machine couldn't get out of a tilt mode.

#6 10 years ago

sounds like bad hold voltage to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-anti-cheat-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.