• Latest reply 2 years ago by mathrocks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

576A2EBD-D2F1-43B9-810C-A0AB97BDD595 (resized).jpeg
0B169CD9-C825-4291-965C-00050A36BB9B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knxwledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Have you cleaned the EOS switches? Also inspect the right EOS switch contacts and see if it's pitted/uneven looking. If it is, replace it.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from mathrocks:

Thanks! What is the best way to clean them? Would you physically remove the switch to clean it?

For most contacts on an EM, you want to use a very very light sandpaper/file/etc. I like using flexstone. No need to remove it from the game.

Since the flipper button and EOS switches have more current running through them and get used more heavily than the other switches, you can use something a little beefier like this Metal Contact File
http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

If you're new to EMs I would read section 1, 2 and the relevant parts of section 3 on pinrepair's EM article:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm#top

#5 2 years ago

Definitely consider a full rebuild kit if they've never been rebuilt. Grime and worn plastic/metal parts on EMs can lead to all kinds of problems and sluggish gameplay
http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html#KT-BFLIP01

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mathrocks:

Thanks! This is really helpful! My next question was going t be the best place to get the EOS switch but I can see that the kit you shared already has two of them in the kit. I don’t see any pitting or unusual build up on the EOS switch. Although one leg of the switch does move a little which could be causing it to not make good contact.

If the contacts are black, then that's the buildup that needs to be cleaned. They were originally shiny metal. What happens is when the two contacts move closer and closer together, right before they touch the electricity jumps from one contact to the next. This jump in electricity is that spark you were seeing. This jump creates the black soot, and on higher current contacts the jump can cause pitting. Since this is an EOS switch, it's normally closed, and the opening of the switch causes the jump in electricity. A loose switch can also cause the flipper to feel weak. Try tightening everything (the stack, the mounting plate, the coil brackets) and see if it helps. Any play in the metal plunger where the roll pin goes through is bad as well

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from mathrocks:

I tried tightening everything and it is still the same. I definitely think I’ll need to invest in the flipper rebuild kit. Can you see the top picture above where the EOS switch contains a blue, plastic/paper piece between the switch? It looks like one leg of the switch was originally too long and it was then cut or broken too short. So the blue plastic/paper piece is actually what the plunger hits to open the switch. I’m thinking part of the problem is that assembly.

That's called fish paper, and it's there to ensure the switches only touch at the contact points, and the arm which moves the switch doesn't get shorted. It's supposed to be there. Before you buy that flipper rebuild kit, I would read that pinrepair page and see if there's anything else you potentially need to buy along with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
€ 40.08
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Atelier Shop
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knxwledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-amigo-weak-right-pinball-flipper?tu=knxwledge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.